We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Grid showing horizontal scrollbar even when there is enough space for the data

There is enough space for the grid to fit all the data into the width, but when the code is run, there is a horizontal scrollbar for what appears to be just one character. I have a feeling this has something to do with the filter button.

9 Replies

KG Keerthana Ganesan Syncfusion Team November 30, 2022 01:44 PM UTC

Hi Marc,

Greetings from Syncfusion support.

We have analyzed your query before proceeding further we need some more details to validate further at the end. Kindly share the entire grid code snippet.

The above-requested will be very helpful to validate further at our end and provide the solution as early as possible.

Regards,

Keerthana.

MP Marc Perry November 30, 2022 04:12 PM UTC

Here is the grid code.

Attachment: Grid_Snippet_b1c2d677.zip

KG Keerthana Ganesan Syncfusion Team December 2, 2022 12:25 PM UTC

We have analyzed your code and we would like to inform you that the scroll bar will be rendered once content within the grid exceeds the width of the grid. In order to avoid rendering of scroll bar we suggest you set the width property of the grid.

MP Marc Perry replied to Keerthana Ganesan December 2, 2022 04:41 PM UTC

There is plenty of room to fit the grid width in the container. The fields are set to auto width. This issue doesn't happen if I remove the filters.

KG Keerthana Ganesan Syncfusion Team December 6, 2022 01:27 PM UTC

We could see that from your attached screenshot that there is only space on the grid's height. When the filter menu is removed, the grid's content fits within the width of the grid container, so the scroll bar is not rendered. This is the default behavior of the grid. In order to overcome the reported issue kindly set the width property of the grid.

MP Marc Perry December 6, 2022 04:14 PM UTC

I don't think you're understanding the question. There is enough space in the container to fit the width of the grid with the filters on it. For example, if I take away one of the columns, so there is definitely enough space for the width, this issue still occurs.

MP Marc Perry December 7, 2022 08:22 PM UTC

This happens even with the width set

MP Marc Perry December 7, 2022 10:12 PM UTC

This looks even worse than just using auto width. I don't see why there isn't an easy answer for this.

KG Keerthana Ganesan Syncfusion Team December 12, 2022 01:43 PM UTC

We analyzed your query, and we suspect that you have applied external styles to the grid. Before proceeding further need some details to validate on our end. Kindly share with us the issue reproducible sample and Nuget version at your end.

The above-requested details are very helpful to validate at our end and provide the solution as early as possible.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon