We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

memory leak

My syncfusion version is  20.2.0.43. when I closed a tab or all tabs,the memory is not reduced. I went through some of the posts on the forum,but i can not resolve this issue,my code as below:

<syncfusion:TabControlExt x:Name="tab"

Grid.Column="1"

prism:RegionManager.RegionName="ContentRegion"

CloseButtonType="Individual"

CloseMode="Delete"

OnCloseButtonClick="Tab_OnCloseButtonClick"

ShowTabListContextMenu="False"

>

<i:Interaction.Triggers>

<i:EventTrigger EventName="OnCloseAllTabs">

<i:InvokeCommandAction Command="{Binding DataContext.CloseAllTabs, RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType={x:Type Window}, Mode=FindAncestor}}" />

</i:EventTrigger>

<i:EventTrigger EventName="OnCloseOtherTabs">

<i:InvokeCommandAction Command="{Binding DataContext.CloseOtherTabs, RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType={x:Type Window}, Mode=FindAncestor}}" CommandParameter="{Binding SelectedItem, ElementName=tab}" />

</i:EventTrigger>

</i:Interaction.Triggers>

<syncfusion:TabControlExt.ItemTemplate>

<DataTemplate>

<TextBlock Text="{Binding Content.DataContext.Title, RelativeSource={RelativeSource AncestorType={x:Type TabItem}}}" />

</DataTemplate>

</syncfusion:TabControlExt.ItemTemplate>

</syncfusion:TabControlExt>

private void Tab_OnCloseButtonClick(object sender, Syncfusion.Windows.Tools.Controls.CloseTabEventArgs e)

{

var datacontext = this.DataContext as MainWindowViewModel;

datacontext.close((e.TargetTabItem as ContentControl).Content );

}

this method will remove view form prism region

public void close(object obj)

{

regionManager.Regions["ContentRegion"].Remove(obj);

}

I do not know where is the problem,please give me a help,thanks

10 Replies

HN Harinath Navaneethakrishnan Syncfusion Team November 28, 2022 11:31 AM UTC

We have confirmed the reported scenario is a defect and logged a report for the reported scenario “Memory of the tabitem exists even after closing the tab”. We will include the fix in our Weekly NuGet release which is scheduled on 20th December 2022. 

You can track the status of this defect using the following feedback link:

Memory of the tabitem exists even after closing the tab in WPF | Feedback Portal (syncfusion.com)

If you have any more specification replication procedures or a scenario to be tested, you can add it as a comment in the portal.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Note: The provided feedback link is private, and you need to log in to view this feedback.

AC alvin chen replied to Harinath Navaneethakrishnan December 5, 2022 08:32 AM UTC

Thanks very much for the reply , there is no more question,then i wait for the problem to be fixed, thanks again.

AC alvin chen replied to Harinath Navaneethakrishnan December 5, 2022 08:37 AM UTC

I have logined,but i can not open this link,what is wrong?

Attachment: Snipaste_20221205_163409_fbcd7935.zip

HN Harinath Navaneethakrishnan Syncfusion Team December 5, 2022 10:45 AM UTC

We have provided access to the feedback link to your credentials. So, please try clearing the cache and using an incognito window

AC alvin chen replied to Harinath Navaneethakrishnan December 6, 2022 12:14 AM UTC

Thanks

HN Harinath Navaneethakrishnan Syncfusion Team December 20, 2022 04:17 PM UTC

Sorry for the inconvenience,

We are still working on this issue with high priority. We will update the fix in our upcoming NuGet release which is scheduled on 27th  December 2022. We will appreciate your patience until then.

AC alvin chen replied to Harinath Navaneethakrishnan December 21, 2022 12:34 AM UTC

I will update the lastest version,look forward to resolving the problem. thanks again

HN Harinath Navaneethakrishnan Syncfusion Team December 28, 2022 12:31 PM UTC

We have fixed the reported issue but due to some internal issues, we are not able to include this fix in the recently released NuGet. We will include the fix in the next NuGet release which is scheduled for January 3rd, 2023. If you want an immediate fix please revert us to the current syncfusion build you are using. We will provide a patch based on your response.

GT Gokul Thanudhas Syncfusion Team January 4, 2023 04:01 PM UTC

We have included the fix for the reported issue “Memory of the tabitem exists even after closing the tab”  in  our Weekly NuGet release version 20.4.0.42 which is available for download ( https://www.nuget.org/).

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this update. Please get in touch with us if you require any further assistance.

AC alvin chen January 9, 2023 01:26 AM UTC

Thanks very much for your response, I will update as soon as possible, I will connect you if there are any issues

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon