We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Export PDF setting page margins

Hi there,

I'd like to export a SFGrid to PDF which is actually working.

But i have to adjust the margins of the page for two reasons.

1. The header should contain a kind of banner image that is covering the complete witdh of the page an starts at the very top.
  2. i need more distance from the left side for the content, so more margin-left.

How can i achieve these things?

I attached an example of the final result.

I hope you can help me with this issue.

Regards

Stefan

Attachment: PdfExportDemo_13ce63d.zip

7 Replies

NP Naveen Palanivel Syncfusion Team October 10, 2022 03:52 AM UTC

Hi Stefan,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

We are currently Validating the reported query at our end and we will update the further details within two days(Oct 11, 2022). Until then we appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Naveen.

NP Naveen Palanivel Syncfusion Team October 13, 2022 02:57 AM UTC

Hi Stefan,

Query1 : “The header should contain a kind of banner

We checked your query and we have already discussed about this similar topics detailly in our UG Demo.  Kindly refer the shared Demo link for your reference.

Reference : https://blazor.syncfusion.com/demos/datagrid/advanced-exporting?theme=fluent

Query 2 :”  more distance from the left side for the content

We are currently Validating the reported query at our end and we will update the further details within two days(Oct 14, 2022). Until then we appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Naveen.

SL Stefan Limpert October 13, 2022 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Naveen,

thanks for your replys. 

I think both of my querys are pointing on the same issue: 

Actually there is no possibility to change the default page margins.

I tried the example of your demo reference recently, but without success.

I've tried to set the a negative value at the Y parameter in PdfPosition()

Position = new PdfPosition() { X = 0, Y = -10 }

That was working, but the result was not really beautiful.

I've tried the same with FromTop Parameter

PdfHeader Header = new PdfHeader() FromTop = -10, ...

but changes nothing at all.

My suggestion:

It would help if we can explicit set the page margins and/or PDFPosition() could set to absolute (like CSS position:absolute)

Hope this helps on your internal validations.

Regards

Stefan

NP Naveen Palanivel Syncfusion Team October 17, 2022 04:22 AM UTC

Hi stefan,

We are currently Validating the reported query at our end and we will update the further details within two days(Oct 19, 2022). Until then we appreciate your patience.

Regards,

Naveen.

NP Naveen Palanivel Syncfusion Team October 31, 2022 07:08 AM UTC

Hi Stefan,

Currently we don’t have support for page margin in Pdf. So we have considered it as a usability improvement feature and logged a task “Export PDF setting page margins”. At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. And this improvement will be included in any of our upcoming releases. 

You can now track the current status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through this link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/feedback/38751/export-pdf-setting-page-margins

You can also communicate with us regarding the open feature any time using our above feedback report page. We do not have immediate plan to implement this feature and it will be included in any of our upcoming releases. Please cast your vote to make it count. So that we will prioritize the improvement for every release based on demands.

Regards,

Naveen Palanivel

SL Stefan Limpert November 4, 2022 07:45 AM UTC

Hi Naveen,

thanks for the response. So i have to wait for further version to come. I'm looking forward to it.

Regards

Stefan

NP Naveen Palanivel Syncfusion Team November 9, 2022 04:11 AM UTC

Welcome ,

We will get back to us , once release is rolled out

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon