We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

TabPages keep changing order

I''m using the TabControlAdv and my tab pages will reorder themselves in a random order about 40% of the time I run my form in debug mode. I then have to reorder using the TabPage collection editor. Once I''m done working on my form and check it in, the problem will not occur until I have to work on it again. Has anyone run across this and have a solution? Thanks, Todd

7 Replies

DF Dinis Ferreira May 27, 2020 02:06 PM UTC

Hello,

This problem keep happening in my project. Is there any solution?

Thanks

UN Unknown Syncfusion Team June 5, 2020 11:36 AM UTC

Hi Dinis, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your query “TabPages keep changing orders in TabControlAdv” and we are unable to reproduce the reported issue. We have created a simple sample in which four tab pages are added when Form is loaded and further more tab pages are added during run time, but the application worked properly without tab re-ordering . Please refer the below sample and video for same. If we are missing aby details please let us know otherwise if you can modify the attached sample to reproduce the issue and revert it back , it will be helpful for us to proceed further. 

Regards, 
Niranjan Kumar Gopalan 

UN Unknown November 17, 2021 11:13 PM UTC

Still happening to me as well ... is there a way to programatically reorder the tabs?

KA KA replied to Unknown November 17, 2021 11:22 PM UTC

Hi Greg,

I faced this issue, as well. The solution I found was to clear the tabpage collection: 

TabControlAdv1.TabPages.Clear()

Then, I added the pages in the order I wanted them shown.

TabControlAdv1.TabPages.Add(TabPageAdv1)
TabControlAdv1.TabPages.Add(TabPageAdv2)
TabControlAdv1.TabPages.Add(TabPageAdv3)

I placed these into my form load event, so that this happens on launch at runtime and that fixed it.

UN Unknown November 18, 2021 06:24 AM UTC

when you do that do you have to programatically create all of the controls contained within those tabpages?

UN Unknown replied to Keshav Amla November 18, 2021 06:31 AM UTC

Thank you so much! @KA

This solved the issue

Cheers :-)

SN Sudharsan Narayanan Syncfusion Team November 18, 2021 02:10 PM UTC

Hi Gregg,

We are glad to know that the reported problem has been resolved at your end. 
Please let us know if you need any other assistance. We will be happy to assist you. 

Regards,
Sudharsan

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon