We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docker Windows - PDFViewer does not work, any ideas or guides?

Hi,

I have a simple blazor server app with the pdfviewerserver control in it, 

Asp.net core 3.1.1 and EJ2 17.4.44

The application works fine on IIS and IIS Express (apart from a separate rendering issue that i've logged in another call) but I have tried to deploy in Docker Desktop (windows) and the pdfviewer does not function and will not load a file.

When the DocumentPath is changed it just displays the spinner and is greyed out, it never times out it sits there with the spinner indefinitely.

I cannot see any errors in the browser, visual studio or docker console.

All my other functionality works such as displaying a list of data from an external SQL database and I have used the EJ2 calendar control and that works.

Is there a guide/faq or do you have any idea what might be causing this behaviour or any suggestions as to how i can find the problem?

I wondered if it might be a file/share access problem but have no way to tell or any idea how to circumvent the problem if it is.

Many thanks,

Dean

7 Replies

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team January 29, 2020 01:47 PM UTC

Hi Dean,  

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

We are currently working on creating the Windows Docker environment to check the reported query and we will update you with further details on January 31st, 2020. 

Regards,  
Akshaya 

DW Dean Walker replied to Akshaya Arivoli January 29, 2020 03:26 PM UTC

Hi Dean,  

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

We are currently working on creating the Windows Docker environment to check the reported query and we will update you with further details on January 31st, 2020. 

Regards,  
Akshaya 

Brilliant, i look forward to hearing what you find, much appreciated.

In the meantime if i have any breakthrough i'll update accordingly.

Dean

RG Rajasekar G Syncfusion Team January 31, 2020 02:03 PM UTC

Hi Dean, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We have tried to create a windows docker environment to replicate the issue. In our implementation, we have used pdfium.dll internally. In the docker environment, we are facing the following error while referring to the pdfium.dll. we need some more time to investigate further on this. We will update you on the details on this by 3rd February 2020. 

"Unable to load DLL 'Pdfium.dll' or one of its dependencies: The specified module could not be found. (0x8007007E)" 

Please let us know if you have any queries about this. 

Thanks, 
Rajasekar 

DW Dean Walker replied to Rajasekar G January 31, 2020 04:08 PM UTC

Hi Dean, 

We have tried to create a windows docker environment to replicate the issue. In our implementation, we have used pdfium.dll internally. In the docker environment, we are facing the following error while referring to the pdfium.dll. we need some more time to investigate further on this. We will update you on the details on this by 3rd February 2020. 

"Unable to load DLL 'Pdfium.dll' or one of its dependencies: The specified module could not be found. (0x8007007E)" 

Thanks, 
Rajasekar 

Hi,

OK no problem, thank you for the update.

Dean.

AA Akshaya Arivoli Syncfusion Team February 3, 2020 11:33 AM UTC

Hi Dean, 

We have found the reason for the issue “Unable to load DLL 'Pdfium.dll' or one of its dependencies: The specified module could not be found. (0x8007007E)” that the .NET Framework is missing in the windows docker container. We have resolved this by installing both .NET Framework and .NET core in a windows docker container. We have prepared the simple sample and it can be downloaded from the following location, 

Note: In this sample, we have attached the Dockerfile for your reference. 

Regards, 
Akshaya 

DW Dean Walker February 3, 2020 12:02 PM UTC

Hi,

Ahhhh ok, i had assumed that as this was a blazor app that it was .net core and did not require full framework.

No problem i will try the suggested workaround.

Many thanks for your time it is very much appreciated.

Dean

PR Padmini Ramamurthy Syncfusion Team February 4, 2020 08:56 AM UTC

Hi Dean, 

You are most welcome and please get back to us if you need any other assistance. 

Regards, 
Padmini  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon