We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Persist grid changes when using Virtualization

Hi all,

I'm using Syncfusion grid batch edit mode and recently enabled the grid Virtualization. After enabling the virtualization, I noticed that grid can only edit for current visible records. If I scroll down or up it will automatically cancel the changes. I want to persist grid changes when scrolling up and down as well as persist the edit mode.

10 Replies

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team January 29, 2020 09:36 AM UTC

Hi Shamil, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query : “Grid Batch Editing with Virtualization” 

Currently we do not have support for editing with virtualization in Grid. We have already considered “Provide support for editing with virtualization” as a feature and added to our feature request list. The feature will be available in any of our upcoming releases. Until then we appreciate your patience. You can keep track of the feature from the feedback portal below.  

Regards, 
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V  

NE Neo replied to Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan January 30, 2020 04:05 AM UTC

Hi Shamil, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query : “Grid Batch Editing with Virtualization” 

Currently we do not have support for editing with virtualization in Grid. We have already considered “Provide support for editing with virtualization” as a feature and added to our feature request list. The feature will be available in any of our upcoming releases. Until then we appreciate your patience. You can keep track of the feature from the feedback portal below.  

Regards, 
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V  

Hi Prasanna Kumar,

Thanks for your support. Will waiting for a solution.

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team January 30, 2020 06:24 AM UTC

Hi Shamil, 

Thanks for the update. 

We will let you know once release is rolled out 

Regards, 
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V 

NE Neo replied to Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan February 25, 2020 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Shamil, 

Thanks for the update. 

We will let you know once release is rolled out 

Regards, 
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V 

Hi,

Do I know how to capture when automatically called to the cancel method by scroll down or up (Enabled the grid Virtualization). Is there any event?

PK Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan Syncfusion Team February 26, 2020 11:40 AM UTC

Hi Neo, 

Query: automatically called to the cancel method by scroll down or up. 

By default we have actionBegin event in our Grid component which will trigger when scroll up or down with the requestType as virtualscroll virtualization enabled. Using this event you can call the close edit method to cancel the editing when scroll down or up with the virtualization. This event will trigger when the next block of viewable records is started to load. We have shared the sample for your reference. 

Code Snippet:  
App.component.ts 

actionBegin(args: any):void { 
      if(args.requestType === 'virtualscroll'){ 
        this.grid.closeEdit(); 
      } 
    } 

Please get back to us if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V 

NE Neo replied to Prasanna Kumar Viswanathan February 27, 2020 08:16 AM UTC

Hi Neo, 

Query: automatically called to the cancel method by scroll down or up. 

By default we have actionBegin event in our Grid component which will trigger when scroll up or down with the requestType as virtualscroll virtualization enabled. Using this event you can call the close edit method to cancel the editing when scroll down or up with the virtualization. This event will trigger when the next block of viewable records is started to load. We have shared the sample for your reference. 

Code Snippet:  
App.component.ts 

actionBegin(args: any):void { 
      if(args.requestType === 'virtualscroll'){ 
        this.grid.closeEdit(); 
      } 
    } 

Please get back to us if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Prasanna Kumar N.S.V 

Hi,

Actually that is not the requirement. As you know, when we have enabled the virtualization for a grid it will load data on demand. My concern is, If I go to edit mode by clicking on tool bar then scroll down or up through grid data it will automatically cancel the changes and cancel the edit model. In that point I want to catch that event which is fired to cancel changes. Behind the scene I'm doing highlighting a div container color to yellow and green when moving into edit mode and vice versa. It will break the flow when we have this virtualization enabled.

MS Manivel Sellamuthu Syncfusion Team February 28, 2020 06:58 AM UTC

Hi Neo, 

Thanks for your update. 

As we have stated already we currently do not have support for Virtualization with editing. Also It is difficult to achieve this in sample level. We will implement the Virtual Scroll with inline Editing and it will be included in our Volume 1, 2020 Release which is expected to be rolled out in month of March 2020

Regards, 
Manivel 

NE Neo replied to Manivel Sellamuthu April 17, 2020 08:51 AM UTC

Hi Neo, 

Thanks for your update. 

As we have stated already we currently do not have support for Virtualization with editing. Also It is difficult to achieve this in sample level. We will implement the Virtual Scroll with inline Editing and it will be included in our Volume 1, 2020 Release which is expected to be rolled out in month of March 2020

Regards, 
Manivel 

Hi,

Version has been released. Could you provide an example how to use grid batch editing with Virtualization.

MF Mohammed Farook J Syncfusion Team April 20, 2020 01:42 PM UTC

Hi Neo, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2020 Volume 1 Release is rolled out and is available for download under the following link. 

This release we have provided the support for “Virtualization with Editing”. 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards       

MF Mohammed Farook J Syncfusion Team April 20, 2020 01:44 PM UTC

Hi Neo, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2020 Volume 1 Release is rolled out and is available for download under the following link. 

This release we have provided the support for “Virtualization with Editing”. 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
J Mohammed Farook        

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon