We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

sfexpander example

The sfexpander example is great, but rather simplistic. Is there a more detailed sfexpander example that populates it from C# rather than the page's xaml?
Thanks

35 Replies

GP Gnana Priya Namasivayam Syncfusion Team January 15, 2020 08:04 AM UTC

Hi David, 

Thanks for using Syncfusion product. 

We have prepared the model sample using C# codes instead Xaml as requested. Kindly refer our sample from following link. You can customize the sample based on the your requirement. 

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Gnana Priya N 

DS david schneider January 15, 2020 12:23 PM UTC

Thank you!

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team January 17, 2020 03:41 AM UTC

Hi David, 

Thank you for the update. Please let us know if you need any further update. As always we are happy to help you out. 

Regards, 
Lakshmi Natarajan 

JD jdm-ralph replied to Lakshmi Natarajan April 24, 2020 10:16 PM UTC

Hi David, 

Thank you for the update. Please let us know if you need any further update. As always we are happy to help you out. 

Regards, 
Lakshmi Natarajan 

I downloaded this sample and tried the sfexpander both ways. populated via xaml and via CS and both cause many rendering errors:

"requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView" and "requestLayout() improperly called by crc64ee486da937c010f4.LabelRenderer" 

This only happens on Android not iOS. Any ideas on how to fix this issue? 

Thank you!

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team April 27, 2020 09:00 AM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

We have checked the reported query “Rendering issue in SfExpander” from our side. We would like to inform you that we are unable to reproduced the reported issue at our side. We have tested the sample in Samsung Tablet (Android 7.1 – API 25) with Syncfusion v18.1.0.45 and Xamarin.Forms v4.5.0.657. We have attached the tested sample in the following link, 

Please check the above sample and let us know if you still facing the same issue? If not, please share the following details to check on it further, 
  • Please share Syncfusion and Xamarin.Forms version used in your sample
  • Share the device configuration details

It will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution at the earliest. 

Lakshmi Natarajan 

JD jdm-ralph replied to Lakshmi Natarajan April 28, 2020 06:14 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

We have checked the reported query “Rendering issue in SfExpander” from our side. We would like to inform you that we are unable to reproduced the reported issue at our side. We have tested the sample in Samsung Tablet (Android 7.1 – API 25) with Syncfusion v18.1.0.45 and Xamarin.Forms v4.5.0.657. We have attached the tested sample in the following link, 

Please check the above sample and let us know if you still facing the same issue? If not, please share the following details to check on it further, 
  • Please share Syncfusion and Xamarin.Forms version used in your sample
  • Share the device configuration details

It will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution at the earliest. 

Lakshmi Natarajan 

Hi Lakshmi,
Thanks for your sample. I tried the sample (on a Pixel 2 Pie 9.0 - API 28 emulator) and still get the same errors while expanding.
I have also tried several emulators and same.

Could this be environment related? Any chance you guys can reproduce this in a similar environment? 
I have tried about 3 machines and same errors. I had someone else test on a Mac and was not reproducible. 
This seems to be Windows/Visual Studio related.

I'm running Visual Studio 2019 version 16.5.4 on .NET fx 4.8.03752 on Windows 10 version 1903 Build 18362.778.
Xamarin.Android SDK 10.2.0.100
Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Mac.SDK 13.16.0.13

I have attached a video while running your sample, showing the errors occur.
Please let me know what other details I can provide about the issue. 
Thanks for your help!

Output log:
04-28 13:56:08.402 W/View    ( 1543): requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView{7ee74f0 V.EDHV... ......ID 988,0-1066,49} during layout: running second layout pass
04-28 13:56:08.420 W/View    ( 1543): requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView{7ee74f0 V.EDHV... ......I. 988,0-1066,49} during layout: running second layout pass
04-28 13:56:08.467 W/View    ( 1543): requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView{7ee74f0 V.EDHV... ........ 988,0-1066,49} during second layout pass: posting in next frame
04-28 13:56:08.480 W/View    ( 1543): requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView{7ee74f0 V.EDHV... ......I. 988,0-1066,49} during layout: running second layout pass
04-28 13:56:08.481 W/View    ( 1543): requestLayout() improperly called by crc64ee486da937c010f4.LabelRenderer{4ef9eea V.EDHV... ......ID 0,0-1079,24 #7} during layout: running second layout pass
04-28 13:56:08.622 W/View    ( 1543): requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView{7ee74f0 V.EDHV... ........ 988,0-1066,49} during second layout pass: posting in next frame
04-28 13:56:08.639 W/View    ( 1543): requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView{7ee74f0 V.EDHV... ......I. 988,0-1066,49} during layout: running second layout pass
04-28 13:56:08.640 W/View    ( 1543): requestLayout() improperly called by crc64ee486da937c010f4.LabelRenderer{4ef9eea V.EDHV... ......ID 0,0-1079,82 #7} during layout: running second layout pass
04-28 13:56:08.762 W/View    ( 1543): requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView{7ee74f0 V.EDHV... ........ 988,0-1066,49} during second layout pass: posting in next frame
04-28 13:56:08.867 W/View    ( 1543): requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView{7ee74f0 V.EDHV... ......I. 988,0-1066,49} during second layout pass: posting in next frame
04-28 13:56:10.198 W/View    ( 1543): requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView{7ee74f0 V.EDHV... ......ID 988,0-1066,49} during layout: running second layout pass
04-28 13:56:10.226 W/View    ( 1543): requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView{7ee74f0 V.EDHV... ......I. 988,0-1066,49} during layout: running second layout pass
04-28 13:56:10.239 W/View    ( 1543): requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView{7ee74f0 V.EDHV... ......I. 988,0-1066,49} during second layout pass: posting in next frame
04-28 13:56:10.249 W/View    ( 1543): requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView{7ee74f0 V.EDHV... ......I. 988,0-1066,49} during layout: running second layout pass
04-28 13:56:10.271 W/View    ( 1543): requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView{7ee74f0 V.EDHV... ........ 988,0-1066,49} during second layout pass: posting in next frame

Attachment: bandicam_20200428_141009668_66c48475.zip

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team April 29, 2020 01:05 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

We have checked the reported query in different Android devices. On further analysis, we could reproduce the reported output log from our side. The application is not crashed but the same log shows in our application console when expanding/collapsing the SfExpander. We are currently checking on it and update you further details on May 5, 2020. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Lakshmi Natarajan 

JD jdm-ralph replied to Lakshmi Natarajan April 29, 2020 09:19 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

We have checked the reported query in different Android devices. On further analysis, we could reproduce the reported output log from our side. The application is not crashed but the same log shows in our application console when expanding/collapsing the SfExpander. We are currently checking on it and update you further details on May 5, 2020. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Lakshmi Natarajan 

Yes, thats exactly what I'm experiencing. The app does not crash, just produces those errors in output while expanding. 
However, you may also find that the expander sometimes does not fully expand after multiple tries or the animation appears laggy as well. 

Anyhow, I'm glad you guys were able to reproduce it. I will await your reply. Thank you!!

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team April 30, 2020 01:00 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

Thank you for the update. 

#Regarding crash 
As promised in our previous update we will update the details on May 5, 2020. We appreciate your patience until then. 

#Regarding animation appears laggy query 
We have checked the reported query from our end. Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce the same issue in our sample. We have tested in Samsung Tablet (Android 7.1 – API 25). We have attached the tested video for your reference, 

Please check the video and if you still facing the same reported issue, please revert us back with the issue reproducing video and device configuration details. It will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution at the earliest. 

Lakshmi Natarajan 

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team May 5, 2020 04:58 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

Sorry for the delay caused. 

We regret to inform you that we are currently working on the reported scenario and we will update you further details on 7 May, 2020. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Lakshmi Natarajan 

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team May 7, 2020 03:39 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We have analyzed the reported query in our source. We will fix the reported issue and include in our upcoming Weekly Nuget release which is planned to roll out on 19 May, 2020. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Lakshmi Natarajan 

JD jdm-ralph replied to Lakshmi Natarajan May 17, 2020 12:48 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

We have analyzed the reported query in our source. We will fix the reported issue and include in our upcoming Weekly Nuget release which is planned to roll out on 19 May, 2020. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Lakshmi Natarajan 

OK. Looking forward to testing the new update. Thank you for your follow up and fix!

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team May 18, 2020 07:05 AM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

We have fixed the reported issue “requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView” and the fix will be available in our upcoming Weekly nuget release as promised earlier. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Lakshmi Natarajan 

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team May 19, 2020 09:49 AM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

We have fixed the reported issue “requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView” and included the issue fix in our latest Weekly NuGet release update version 18.1.0.53 which is available for download (https://www.nuget.org/). 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this update. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
Lakshmi Natarajan 

JD jdm-ralph May 25, 2020 04:33 PM UTC

Hi Lakshmi, 
 OK, I tested with the latest update and yes the "requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView" error is resolved and no longer appears expanding after update 18.1.0.53. Thank you for that fix!!

However, we are still experiencing the other error "requestLayout() improperly called by crc64ee486da937c010f4.LabelRenderer" any chance this one can be reproduced and fixed on your end? See attached for my screenshot. 

Let me know what other details you need from us. Thank you!!

Attachment: label_renderer_error_a498130f.zip

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team May 26, 2020 10:12 AM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

We have checked the reported query “requestLayout() improperly called by crc64ee486da937c010f4.LabelRenderer” from our end. Unfortunately, we are unable to reproduce the issue in our sample. We have checked the sample provided in our earlier updates and tested in Samsung Tablet (Android 7.1 – API 25) and Pixel 3XL (Android 10 – API 29) with Syncfusion v18.1.0.53 and Xamarin v4.6.0.800. Could you please share issue reproducible sample which would be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution as soon as possible. 

Regards, 
Lakshmi Natarajan 

JD jdm-ralph June 11, 2020 04:56 PM UTC

Hello there,
Sorry for my delay in responding. Here is a sample project and video of the errors appearing in the output. 
Please let me know if you need anything else. I hope we can get this one resolved too.. Thank you!!

SS SaiGanesh Sakthivel Syncfusion Team June 12, 2020 01:46 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

Thanks for the update, 

we are unable to access the google drive which is provided by you. Can you please the share the details in the Zip format or give the accessible drive to get the details of the query? 

Regards, 
SaiGanesh Sakthivel

JD jdm-ralph replied to SaiGanesh Sakthivel June 15, 2020 06:41 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

Thanks for the update, 

we are unable to access the google drive which is provided by you. Can you please the share the details in the Zip format or give the accessible drive to get the details of the query? 

Regards, 
SaiGanesh Sakthivel

I gave access to you guys to open the file. Please try again and let me know. thanks!

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team June 17, 2020 04:06 AM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

We have checked the reported query “requestLayout() improperly called by crc64ee486da937c010f4.LabelRenderer” from our end. We could reproduce the reported issue in Android API – 9 device alone. Currently, we are analyzing the reported scenario and update you further details on June 18, 2020. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Lakshmi Natarajan 

JD jdm-ralph replied to Lakshmi Natarajan June 18, 2020 03:41 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

We have checked the reported query “requestLayout() improperly called by crc64ee486da937c010f4.LabelRenderer” from our end. We could reproduce the reported issue in Android API – 9 device alone. Currently, we are analyzing the reported scenario and update you further details on June 18, 2020. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Lakshmi Natarajan 

OK, I'm glad you guys were able to reproduce it. I will await your reply and fix. thank you!!

SS SaiGanesh Sakthivel Syncfusion Team June 18, 2020 04:41 PM UTC

Hi Ralph,  

We will fix the reported issue "requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView" and include in our upcoming Volume 2 SP release which is planned to roll out on month of july, 2020. We appreciate your patience until then.  

Regards,  
SaiGanesh Sakthivel 

JD jdm-ralph June 19, 2020 04:34 PM UTC

Hi SaiGanesh,

"requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView" was fixed in your last update. 

Did you mean "requestLayout() improperly called by crc64ee486da937c010f4.LabelRenderer" will be fixed in the next service pack?

I just wanted to confirm. Thanks!

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team June 22, 2020 09:09 AM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

The fix for the reported issue “requestLayout() improperly called by crc64ee486da937c010f4.LabelRenderer” will be included in our upcoming 2020 Volume 2 SP release as promised earlier. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Lakshmi Natarajan 

JD jdm-ralph replied to Lakshmi Natarajan June 22, 2020 05:10 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

The fix for the reported issue “requestLayout() improperly called by crc64ee486da937c010f4.LabelRenderer” will be included in our upcoming 2020 Volume 2 SP release as promised earlier. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Lakshmi Natarajan 

Hi Lakshmi,
 Ok sounds good. Looking forward to it. Thank you!

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team June 23, 2020 06:12 AM UTC

Hi Ralph,  

Thanks for your reply and we will let you know once the release rolls out. 

Regards,  
Lakshmi Natarajan 

JD jdm-ralph replied to Lakshmi Natarajan July 14, 2020 04:34 PM UTC

Hi Ralph,  

Thanks for your reply and we will let you know once the release rolls out. 

Regards,  
Lakshmi Natarajan 

Hi guys,
any updates? 
thank you!

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team July 15, 2020 09:05 AM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

We will fix the reported issue as promised earlier and the fix will be included in our 2020 Volume 2 SP release which is planned to roll out in the middle of the month August, 2020. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Lakshmi Natarajan 

JD jdm-ralph replied to Lakshmi Natarajan July 25, 2020 08:33 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

We will fix the reported issue as promised earlier and the fix will be included in our 2020 Volume 2 SP release which is planned to roll out in the middle of the month August, 2020. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Lakshmi Natarajan 

Why does this keep getting pushed back?

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team July 27, 2020 06:55 AM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

We would like to inform you that the 2020 Volume 2 SP release is planned to roll out in the month of July, 2020. But it is slightly pushed because of the delay in our Volume 2 main release. As promised earlier, the fix will be available in the month of August, 2020. We will let you know once the release rolled out. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Lakshmi Natarajan 

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team August 18, 2020 07:30 AM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

We regret to inform you that due to the complexity in fixing the issue, we could not include the fix in our 2020 Volume 2 SP release as promised. We will fix the reported issue and include it in our upcoming Weekly nuget release which is planned to roll out on August 25, 2020. We will let you once release rolled out and appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Lakshmi Natarajan 

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team August 25, 2020 07:37 AM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

We regret for the delay caused. 

We would like to inform you that it takes more time to fix the issue than we expected since, the issue occurs device based. Due to its complexity, we need some more time to fix the reported issue. We will fix the issue and include in our upcoming weekly nuget release which is planned to roll out on September 1, 2020. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Lakshmi Natarajan 

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team September 1, 2020 11:06 AM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

We regret for the continuous delay. 

As we have mentioned earlier, we are facing complexity in fixing the issue and it takes more time than we expected. We will fix the issue and include the issue fix in our upcoming 2020 Volume 3 release which is planned to roll out in the month of September. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Lakshmi Natarajan 

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team October 1, 2020 01:55 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

We would like to inform you that the reported issue is a framework level issue. Currently, we working on the work around to overcome the same scenario from our side. We will check completely and update you further details on October 9, 2020. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Lakshmi Natarajan 

LN Lakshmi Natarajan Syncfusion Team December 1, 2020 02:36 PM UTC

Hi Ralph, 

#Regarding requestLayout() called improperly for LabelRenderer 

We have checked the reported query from our side. On further analysis, we could reproduce the reported issue in the framework level ifself and we have logged the issue report to Xamarin team for the same, 

Kindly refer to the above bug report for further updates.  

Meanwhile, this issue occurs due to the animation on Expander content. As of now, we suggest you to use the Expander without animation. Please find the following code snippets to overcome the issue, 

<expander:SfExpander AnimationDuration="0" AnimationEasing="None"> 
    <expander:SfExpander.Header> 
        <Grid Padding="10,0,0,0" HeightRequest="70"> 
        </Grid> 
    </expander:SfExpander.Header> 
    <expander:SfExpander.Content> 
        <Grid HeightRequest="100" > 
        </Grid> 
    </expander:SfExpander.Content> 
</expander:SfExpander> 

#Regarding requestLayout() improperly called by android.widget.TextView 

We regret to inform you that the reported issue occurs due to measuring Expander icon with the same width. If we measure the Expander icon only when width and height differs then Expander icon is not rendered in the use cases like loading the expander inside the ListView since, the ListView reuses the items we need to remeasure the expander. Hence, we suggest you to use the custom HeaderIcon to overcome the reported scenario. 

Please refer to the following documentation to use custom icons in Expander from the following links, 
KB links: 

Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

Lakshmi Natarajan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon