We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridConrtol Virtual Mode and / or Virtual Cells

GridConrtol Virtual Mode and / or Virtual Cells

I do not understand if these mechanisms should be used together or only one?

I get the impression that if I want to use Virtual Cells, I should do all the support as an example for Virtual Cells is available at:
https://help.syncfusion.com/wpf/gridcontrol/grid-virtualization

However, for different types of cabinet, other mechanisms and all data styles and validations should be done in

class VirtualizedCellRenderer: GridVirtualizingCellRenderer

for example for e.Style.CellType = "DoubleEdit"; I should do my own TextBox support for the double type.

Should I do it this way?

3 Replies

AR Arulpriya Ramalingam Syncfusion Team January 14, 2020 08:58 AM UTC

Hi Krzysztof, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

The VirtualMode and VirtualCells are part of Virtualization to populate cell content and cell styles based on indices. The VirtualMode is the process of populating the cell data using virtualization where as the VirtualCells are customized cells that are rendered using virtualization (cells that are rendered in visible range of the Grid). Moreover, in virtualization, the cells will be rendered only when the cell moved to visible range. A customized cell renderer can be added as CellType of VirtualizedGrid (customized DoubleEdit cell as mentioned in your update). 

Regards, 
Arulpriya 

JD Juanita Diaz replied to Arulpriya Ramalingam February 27, 2020 04:37 AM UTC

Hi Krzysztof, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

The VirtualMode and VirtualCells are part of Virtualization to populate cell content and cell styles based on indices. The VirtualMode is the process of populating the cell data using virtualization where as the VirtualCells are customized cells that are rendered using virtualization (cells that are rendered in visible range of the Grid). Moreover, in virtualization, the cells will be rendered only when the cell moved to visible range. A customized cell renderer can be added as CellType of VirtualizedGrid (customized DoubleEdit cell as mentioned in your update). 

Regards, 
Arulpriya 

Thanks guys. It was helpful

AR Arulpriya Ramalingam Syncfusion Team February 27, 2020 05:39 AM UTC

Hi Krzysztof, 

Most welcome! We are glad that the provided details helped you to understand the virtualization of GridControl. Please get back to us, if you have any other queries. 

Arulpriya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon