We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

On text highlights selection completed event in the pdf viewer control

Hello all,
I'm considering your UI kit to be used in my project, but I need to catch the event of highlighting text as it is with TextSelectionCompleted event, is it possible?
Maybe there is another way to detect highlights/annotation changes that are made in the document?

Best regards,
Piotr

5 Replies

US Uthandaraja Selva Sundara Kani Syncfusion Team January 10, 2020 09:25 AM UTC

Hi Piotr, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

At present, we do not have support to “Events for tracking the changes made in annotations”. We have already added it to our feature request list. But we do not have any immediate plans to implement this feature. At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity. You can now track the status of this feature request here, 

Kindly share us the more details of your requirement on this feature, so that we will consider it while implementing this feature in PdfViewerControl 

Regards, 
Uthandaraja S 

PR Piotr Rutkowski January 10, 2020 10:29 AM UTC

Hi Uthandaraja,

Thanks for your response. I'm looking for a PDF Viewer that allows me to keep track of text highlights and annotations made by the user.
Simple event 'on text highlight completed' that I could subscribe to would be enough and convince me to use Syncfusion controls.

Best regards,

DG Deepak Gunasekaran Syncfusion Team January 13, 2020 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Piotr, 

A support incident to track the status of this requirement has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates 

Regards, 
Deepak G  

PR Piotr Rutkowski January 13, 2020 12:15 PM UTC

Thank you for all the responses and details.

Best regards,
Piotr

CT Clara Terry replied to Deepak Gunasekaran May 18, 2020 09:42 AM UTC

Hi Piotr, 

A support incident to track the status of this requirement has been created under your account. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates 
happy wheels

Regards, 
Deepak G  

Thanks for this - much appreciated!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon