We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

removing selected items in multiselection combo box is not working properly

Dear Sir,
 I clicked 'x' mark in Selecteditems (Or) Visualitems to remove the item.. it has removed from Selecteditems and also it get untick from dropdown list.
but, when i use this coding
ex : 
 For i = 0 To comboOrder.SelectedItems.Count - 1
    Dim getID= comboOrder.SelectedItems(i)(comboOrder.ValueMember)
     msgbox(getID)
next
it shows selected and also the removed items from Visualitems in Combo box..

if i want to remove the Selecteditems properly, i have to use untick option in combo box dropdown list. The 'x' marked icon on Visualitems is not working properly. please, fix it asap..

3 Replies

VR Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar Syncfusion Team November 29, 2019 01:06 PM UTC

Hi Sulthan, 
Thank you for using Syncfusion Products. 
We have observed your query that you want to clear the items , before adding the items again in the MultiSelectionComboBox.  In order to achieve your requirement , you need to use the same syntax as you mentioned Clear method of SelectedItems collection. But however, when we clear and add the items in MultiSelectionComboBox, we could face that the CheckBox in dropdown not get updated. Please find the screenshot for the same below: 

So we have consider this behavior as a defect and logged the issue report on this. The patch for this fix is estimated to be available on 13th Dec 2019. 

You can track the status of this defect using the following feedback link: 

Regards 
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

SU sulthan replied to Vijayalakshmi Roopkumar January 17, 2020 06:00 AM UTC

Hi Sulthan, 
Thank you for using Syncfusion Products. 
We have observed your query that you want to clear the items , before adding the items again in the MultiSelectionComboBox.  In order to achieve your requirement , you need to use the same syntax as you mentioned Clear method of SelectedItems collection. But however, when we clear and add the items in MultiSelectionComboBox, we could face that the CheckBox in dropdown not get updated. Please find the screenshot for the same below: 

So we have consider this behavior as a defect and logged the issue report on this. The patch for this fix is estimated to be available on 13th Dec 2019. 

You can track the status of this defect using the following feedback link: 

Regards 
Vijayalakshmi V.R. 

still, it has not yet updated

TB Thirupathi Bala Krishnan Syncfusion Team January 20, 2020 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Sulthan,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

We have missed to update the details in the forum. But we have shared the patch file and assembly details in the following forum. Please refer the patch details in the below link:
https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/149247/multiselectioncombobox1-selecteditems-clear-returns-an-error-quotinvalidargument-value-of

Regards,
Thirupathi B.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon