We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Get correct Modifed date for folders or hide the modified date only for folders

Hi, when using azure blob storage, folder details show a Modified Date of January 01, 1 00:00:00 and a size of 3.6MB for an empty folder.  How can I get the actual modified date and size for folders?  I can hide the details in the context menu, toolbar, and layout but I don't want to hide these columns in the details view because I want them to be visible for files.  If I could hide the values for folders but not files, that would work, but I'd prefer to get real data for the modified date and size values.

4 Replies

KR Keerthana Rajendran Syncfusion Team November 28, 2019 12:02 PM UTC

Hi Brian, 

Good day to you, 

We have checked your reported query that size and dateModified for empty folder. For size related issue, you can add the empty file in your application for creating empty folder. It will show size as 0 bytes. Refer the below code snippet. 

protected async Task CreateFolderAsync(string path, string name, IEnumerable<object> selectedItems = null) 
        { 
            else 
            { 
                CloudBlockBlob blob = container.GetBlockBlobReference(path + name + "/About.txt"); 
                blob.Properties.ContentType = "text/plain"; 
                await blob.UploadTextAsync(""); 
            } 
        } 

While checking on DateModified issue, we consider this as a bug from our end, this will be included in our Volume 4 Release which is expected to be released at the end of December. Until then, track the below link for bug status. 

Please let us know, if you have any concerns. 

Regards, 
Keerthana. 

SA Shameer Ali Baig Sulaiman Ali Baig Syncfusion Team February 5, 2020 06:26 AM UTC

Hi Brian, 

Thanks for the patience. 

We are glad to announce that Volume 4 SP1 Release (v17.4.46) is rolled out successfully. In this release, we have included a fix for “DateModified for Azure File provider in FileManager component”. To access this fix, refer the below GitHub location for Azure File Provider. 

For your reference, refer the sample link below. 

Note: After running the GitHub service, refer the localhost URL in FileManager sample. 

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards,  
Shameer Ali Baig S. 

BI bob ingham August 2, 2020 04:52 PM UTC

Hi,

My version is 18.2.47 and the problem with dates appears to have not been fixed
I am hooked up to your ASP.NET example on localhost port 62869:

SP Sowmiya Padmanaban Syncfusion Team August 3, 2020 10:06 AM UTC

Hi Bob,  

Greetings from Syncfusion support. 

We have checked your reported issue with FileManager component in MVC platform. We have consider this as a bug from our end. Fix for this issue will be included in our Volume 3 release which is expected to be rolled out at the end of September 2020. 

You can track the below link to know the issue fix status. 

We appreciate your patience. 

Regards,  
Sowmiya.P 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon