We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How can I set using XAML, the SelectedCellHoverBorderColor for sfCalendar. (Cell appearance)

I see your instruction in https://help.syncfusion.com/windowsforms/sfcalendar/appearance , but this applies to C# and VB.

How can I do it using XAML? I just want to set the cell hover color and border, and leave the rest as default.
Oh, and shape.

Thanks

5 Replies

AK Ajith Kumar Senthil Kumar Syncfusion Team November 13, 2019 10:28 AM UTC

Hi Carter, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Based on the provided information, we have analyzed your requirement is “To set hover color for cell and border along with shape” in Xamarin.Form. The cell hover color and shape can be achieved by using the DateSelectionColor and SelectionShape property in MonthViewSettings of SfCalendar. Unfortunately, there is no support to change the HoverBorderColor. 

Please refer the following code example for the same, 

[C#] 
            <syncfusion:SfCalendar x:Name="calendar" > 
                <syncfusion:SfCalendar.MonthViewSettings> 
                    <syncfusion:MonthViewSettings DateSelectionColor="Red" SelectionShape="Circle" /> 
                </syncfusion:SfCalendar.MonthViewSettings> 
            </syncfusion:SfCalendar> 

You can also refer our online user guide documentation regarding the customization of MonthView by the following link, 

We hope this helps. Please let us know, if need any further assistance. 

Regards,
Ajith.

KC K Carter replied to Ajith Kumar Senthil Kumar November 13, 2019 01:20 PM UTC

Hi Carter, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Based on the provided information, we have analyzed your requirement is “To set hover color for cell and border along with shape” in Xamarin.Form. The cell hover color and shape can be achieved by using the DateSelectionColor and SelectionShape property in MonthViewSettings of SfCalendar. Unfortunately, there is no support to change the HoverBorderColor. 

Please refer the following code example for the same, 

[C#] 
            <syncfusion:SfCalendar x:Name="calendar" > 
                <syncfusion:SfCalendar.MonthViewSettings> 
                    <syncfusion:MonthViewSettings DateSelectionColor="Red" SelectionShape="Circle" /> 
                </syncfusion:SfCalendar.MonthViewSettings> 
            </syncfusion:SfCalendar> 

You can also refer our online user guide documentation regarding the customization of MonthView by the following link, 

We hope this helps. Please let us know, if need any further assistance. 

Regards,
Ajith.

With all due respect, your reply doesn't answer my question. 

I already have that in my code. Your answer addresses "selection". I asked about "hovering. 
When hovering over a date cell, it changes color and shape. 
It talks about it as follows.

How can I do it using XAML?
Thank you

Customize cell appearance

BackColor, ForeColor, and BorderColor of each date cells in the calendar can be customized. Date cells in the calendar control can be customized by the following style properties:

• CellBackColor: Changes the background color of date cells in the calendar.
  • CellForeColor: Changes the foreground color of date cells in the calendar.
  • CellHoverBorderColor: Changes the border color of date cells in the calendar.
  • CellFont: Changes the font that is used to draw the date text of cell in the calendar.

AK Ajith Kumar Senthil Kumar Syncfusion Team November 14, 2019 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Carter, 

I hope, you are using Xamarin.Forms Calendar. The link you have shared is for our Windows Forms Calendar control and not Xamarin Calendar control. 

Xamarin Calendar control doesn’t provide support cell hover. Refer below link for border customization of Xamarin calendar, 

Selection 

Thanks, 
Ajith. 

KC K Carter November 14, 2019 01:24 PM UTC

Ajith,

Yes, you are correct. The web link I copied is for Windows Forms.  Sorry about that.

Anyway, yes I am using Xamarin.Forms calendar. 

1. It just looks funny having a shape, color, and etc. for the calendar, and the hovering
    looking completely different. 

Since Xamarin Calendar control doesn’t provide any official support for cell hover,
    is there any way to un-officially accomplish this? 

2. If not, can support be added in a future release?

Thanks

IR Indumathi Ravichandran Syncfusion Team November 15, 2019 12:03 PM UTC

Hi K Carter, 

Thank you for the update. 

We have analyzed and considered your requirement of “Support to change month cell border on mouse hover” in Calendar Xamarin.Forms(UWP) and logged feature request for the same. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming release.  

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Thank you for requesting this feature and helping us define it. We are always trying to make our products better and feature requests like yours are a key part of our product growth efforts. 

We are closing this incident now. You can also communicate with us regarding the open features any time using our Feature Report page.  

Note: The provided feedback link is private, you need to login to view this feedback. 

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal and cast your vote to make it count. 

Regards,
Indumathi R  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon