We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Flickering Issue - Scheduler

So once scheduler component re-render because of state change in scheduler, resource view flickering for some time .

5 Replies

VD Vinitha Devi Murugan Syncfusion Team November 11, 2019 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Sudhanshu, 

Syncfusion Greetings. 

We have validated this issue and hence this issue can be overcome by setting the delayUpdate(base property) as true in the schedule. 

The root cause for this issue is that the react DOM render is calling twice when we call the setstate and hence Schedule React and template renders simultaneously. So we need have provided this property to overcome this type of issues. 

Kindly try the sample and if the issue persists, try to reproduce the error in a sample and revert else share your code example/runnable sample (if possible) to serve you better.  

Regards, 
M.Vinitha devi 

PV Prahal Venkatesan replied to Vinitha Devi Murugan April 9, 2020 03:19 AM UTC

Hi Sudhanshu, 

Syncfusion Greetings. 

We have validated this issue and hence this issue can be overcome by setting the delayUpdate(base property) as true in the schedule. 

The root cause for this issue is that the react DOM render is calling twice when we call the setstate and hence Schedule React and template renders simultaneously. So we need have provided this property to overcome this type of issues. 

Kindly try the sample and if the issue persists, try to reproduce the error in a sample and revert else share your code example/runnable sample (if possible) to serve you better.  

Regards, 
M.Vinitha devi 

Hi Vinitha,

I am having a similar problem. The scheduler component flickers whenever I do a backend operation. I have a GraphQL server as backend, but the datasource of Scheduler is not directly linked to the data fetched from server. Is it possible to connect datasource to the GraphQL server? Also, I see the scheduler comp flickering whenever I try to send an operation to the backend. I am not updating the scheduler with results from the backend, but the scheduler still flickers. Is it the normal behavior for scheduler? To be precise, when does the scheduler component? I am thinking it flickers when there is a change to state or props of the parent component. I am not doing any change to state or props of parent component, but scheduler still flickers/refreshes. Please help me with this issue.

Thanks,
Prahal 

HB Hareesh Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team April 9, 2020 02:53 PM UTC

Hi Prahal, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have validated your reported problem at our end and we suspect that your requirement is to prevent the re-rendering of the Scheduler component while the state change. And for that we have prepared a sample using shouldComponentUpdate method and the sample can be viewed from the following link. 

Code snippet
  shouldComponentUpdate() { 
    return false; // Will cause component to never re-render. 
  } 

Kindly try the above sample and if you have any other concerns please revert for further assistance. 

Regards, 
Hareesh 

RB Ronald Bradley November 11, 2020 11:46 PM UTC

I'm having the same issue with the Vue Scheduler. Whenever ANY data changes in the .vue file that contains the scheduler, the entire scheduler rerenders. How can I stop this behavior? "delayUpdate" is not a prop of the Vue Scheduler.

Thanks!

HB Hareesh Balasubramanian Syncfusion Team November 12, 2020 09:07 AM UTC

Hi Ronald, 

Greetings from Syncfusion Support..! 

We have validated your shared query “Whenever any data is updated in my component, even if it's not bound in any way to the scheduler, the scheduler renders again” at our end and  we suspect that, when you change some props in the page and then the Scheduler gets re-rendered and for that, we have prepared a sample by changing the content property of the button then the scheduler doesn’t re-render. And the sample can be viewed from the following link. 

Kindly try the above sample and if the issue still persists at your end kindly share the below details to serve you better?  

• Replicate the issue in the above sample
  • Share the issue replicating sample (if possible)

Regards, 
Hareesh 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon