We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. (Last updated on: June 24, 2019).
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Flickering Issue - Scheduler

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

148949 Nov 8,2019 11:12 AM UTC Apr 9,2020 02:53 PM UTC React - EJ 2 3
Tags: Schedule
Sudhanshu Jain
Asked On November 8, 2019 11:12 AM UTC

So once scheduler component re-render because of state change in scheduler, resource view flickering for some time .

Vinitha Devi Murugan [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 11, 2019 11:47 AM UTC

Hi Sudhanshu, 

Syncfusion Greetings. 

We have validated this issue and hence this issue can be overcome by setting the delayUpdate(base property) as true in the schedule. 

The root cause for this issue is that the react DOM render is calling twice when we call the setstate and hence Schedule React and template renders simultaneously. So we need have provided this property to overcome this type of issues. 

Kindly try the sample and if the issue persists, try to reproduce the error in a sample and revert else share your code example/runnable sample (if possible) to serve you better.  

Regards, 
M.Vinitha devi 

Prahal Venkatesan
Replied On April 9, 2020 03:19 AM UTC

Hi Sudhanshu, 

Syncfusion Greetings. 

We have validated this issue and hence this issue can be overcome by setting the delayUpdate(base property) as true in the schedule. 

The root cause for this issue is that the react DOM render is calling twice when we call the setstate and hence Schedule React and template renders simultaneously. So we need have provided this property to overcome this type of issues. 

Kindly try the sample and if the issue persists, try to reproduce the error in a sample and revert else share your code example/runnable sample (if possible) to serve you better.  

Regards, 
M.Vinitha devi 

Hi Vinitha,

I am having a similar problem. The scheduler component flickers whenever I do a backend operation. I have a GraphQL server as backend, but the datasource of Scheduler is not directly linked to the data fetched from server. Is it possible to connect datasource to the GraphQL server? Also, I see the scheduler comp flickering whenever I try to send an operation to the backend. I am not updating the scheduler with results from the backend, but the scheduler still flickers. Is it the normal behavior for scheduler? To be precise, when does the scheduler component? I am thinking it flickers when there is a change to state or props of the parent component. I am not doing any change to state or props of parent component, but scheduler still flickers/refreshes. Please help me with this issue.

Thanks,
Prahal 

Hareesh Balasubramanian [Syncfusion]
Replied On April 9, 2020 02:53 PM UTC

Hi Prahal, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have validated your reported problem at our end and we suspect that your requirement is to prevent the re-rendering of the Scheduler component while the state change. And for that we have prepared a sample using shouldComponentUpdate method and the sample can be viewed from the following link. 

Code snippet
  shouldComponentUpdate() { 
    return false; // Will cause component to never re-render. 
  } 

Kindly try the above sample and if you have any other concerns please revert for further assistance. 

Regards, 
Hareesh 

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Please sign in to access our forum

This page will automatically be redirected to the sign-in page in 10 seconds.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

Live Chat Icon For mobile
Live Chat Icon