We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Some problems with Scheduler

I'm trying to implement some of our requirements with your scheduler component but ran into a few issues:

• I tried to colorize different appointment types through "ScheduleResource" and "ColorField" which works at first but when I reload the same data through a button click, the colors disappear and the default color for all appointments is used.
  • Resizing appointments only works for me in week view and not in month view. The resize handle is shown but nothing resizes. I can move appointments with drag&drop though.
  • Is there a way to show the months not flowing from left to right and continue on the next line but just show one month in a column with titles "January", "February" and so on? It's really difficult this way to scroll through several months to find the date you want and it would be much more tidy with a column month view.
  • The short appointment add dialog doesn't take into account how the appointment object was initialized when setting some default values.
  • When opening the custom detail appointment dialog later (based on your EditorTemplate example with TemplateArgs) some items are not set correctly and I can also see that in your example when you switch between different appointments and view the details.
  • Opening the custom appointment editor results in resetting the page to jump to the beginning which is quite annoying when you show a grid above the schedule component. How can I achieve that the current page position remains in place?

4 Replies

NR Nevitha Ravi Syncfusion Team October 24, 2019 02:19 PM UTC

Hi Andreas, 

Greetings from Syncfusion Support. 

Q: I tried to colorize different appointment types through "ScheduleResource" and "ColorField" which works at first but when I reload the same data through a button click, the colors disappear and the default color for all appointments is used.                                                               

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue using below code snippet. We have shared a sample for your reference which can be downloaded from the following.  

void OnButtonClick() 
    { 
        var MyData = DataSource; 
        DataSource = MyData; 
        this.ScheduleObj.RefreshEvents(); 
    } 

Kindly try the above sample and get back to us how you have reassigned the same data within button click handler or issue reproducing sample to serve you better. 

Q: Resizing appointments only works for me in week view and not in month view. The resize handle is shown but nothing resizes. I can move appointments with drag&drop though. 

We suspect that you might done any customization for scheduler within event handler or any override CSS classes by min-width/height which cause the reported issue, kindly share the code snippet or issue reproducing sample to provide prompt solution at earliest. 

Q: Just show one month in a column with titles "January", "February" and so on?  

We understand that your requirement is look like in the following image. Kindly share whether your expectation is same or if you have different requirement please share more details like image depicting your requirement, based on that we will share the sample. 

Q: The short appointment add dialog doesn't take into account how the appointment object was initialized when setting some default values. 

The default value will be considered only if the corresponding field is available in the respective window. If in case you need to add default value if user haven’t enter any value for the field irrespective of window, you can make use of OnActionBegin event. But currently the event is not available in Blazor and will be included in our upcoming bi-weekly patch release expected to be rolled out in the end of October, 2019. We would appreciate your patience until then. 

Q: When opening the custom detail appointment dialog later (based on your EditorTemplate example with TemplateArgs) some items are not set correctly and I can also see that in your example when you switch between different appointments and view the details. 

We suspect that your reported problem is when we open the editor window between different appointments and if we have same value for the field then the value is not available in the window. Kindly confirm whether your reported problem is same as our suspicion or else share the issue replicating steps to validate the issue at our end. 

Q: Opening the custom appointment editor results in resetting the page to jump to the beginning which is quite annoying when you show a grid above the schedule component. How can I achieve that the current page position remains in place? 

The reported issue “editor window jumps to the beginning” were unable to reproduce at our end, also kindly share the following details to replicate the issue  at our end. 

• Issue depicting video demo.
  • Confirm whether you have rendered our Syncfusion Grid component above the scheduler,
  • Share the scheduler code snippet.
  • Issue replicating sample.

Regards, 
Nevitha 

AO Andreas Oelke replied to Nevitha Ravi October 25, 2019 04:58 AM UTC

1. The color problem was solved when I updated from Syncfusion.EJ2.Blazor 17.3.0.17-beta to 17.3.0.18-beta.

2. I haven't done any CSS or event handler customization. How can I insert a code snippet here?
I have included a video though to show you how the resize handlers are shown but when I try to use them they disappear.

3. Yes you're image comes close to what I want. 
I found out that using a ScheduleView with View.TimelineYear and orientation vertical, which is yet undocumented, results in the exact same representation which is quite fine but I guess not fully supported yet because the appointment display over several days is not just one vertical bar going for as many days as needed but several horizontal bars which can't be dragged or resized. Are you working on this to make it as usable as the other views?

4. Ok, I will wait then.

5. Yes, exactly.

6. This issue was also resolved when updating to 17.3.0.18-beta. :-)

NR Nevitha Ravi Syncfusion Team October 25, 2019 07:49 AM UTC

Hi Andreas, 

Greetings from Syncfusion Support. 

Q1 & Q6 – We are happy that your issue has been resolved with our latest release version. 

Q2 –  We have tried to reproduce the sample by making the similar UI as in the shared video but were unable to reproduce the issue. The sample can be referred from the following link. 

Please try out the sample if the issue persist still either try to reproduce the issue in a sample or share the code snippet.  

Note: Either you can attach the code or project zip file or post the code snippet in the reply box. 

Q3 –  The documentation for year view will be drafted and refreshed by the first week of November, 2019. Currently we don’t have support for dragging and resizing in year view and the feature will be implemented in any of our upcoming main releases based on the priority. You can keep track of this feature from the following link. 

Q4 –  We will share the sample with you once the release has been rolled out. 

Q5- Thanks for your confirmation on the issue, we confirm this as a defect and logged the bug report which can be tracked from the following link. The issue fix will be included in our bi-weekly patch release in the first week of November, 2019. We would appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Nevitha 

NR Nevitha Ravi Syncfusion Team December 19, 2019 06:06 AM UTC

Hi Andreas, 

The issue with  “field value disappeared on clicking the same appointment twice in editor template” has been fixed in our Volume 4, 2019 main release (v17.4.39). Please upgrade to our latest version to avail the fix. 

Regards, 
Nevitha 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon