We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

performance issue with textbox when loading multiple controls

Hi 

we are facing performance issue for textbox control.
while typing the text if we load multiple controls like 5 grids in a single page,the entered text in a textbox  taking too much time to appear. 
the above mentioned performance issue is only with textbox and not with other controls like dropdown,checkbox,grid etc
i have attached a sample code for this kindly look at it
Thanks in Advance
Regards
Thowbik

Attachment: Demo_b7fc6006_15747383.zip

11 Replies

NP Narayanasamy Panneer Selvam Syncfusion Team September 6, 2019 02:24 PM UTC

Hi Thowfik,  

Good day to you.

We have validated the given sample. In that sample, there may be a time delay due to the customizations applied in that sample. We have prepared a sample in the same scenario, issue is not reproduced. We suspect that you may update data on every value change event in textbox. Please view the sample which is given below, 

If you have any queries, please explain more about your requirement. 

Regards,  
Narayanasamy P.  

TH thowfik replied to Narayanasamy Panneer Selvam October 22, 2019 10:41 AM UTC

Hi Thowfik,  

Good day to you.

We have validated the given sample. In that sample, there may be a time delay due to the customizations applied in that sample. We have prepared a sample in the same scenario, issue is not reproduced. We suspect that you may update data on every value change event in textbox. Please view the sample which is given below, 

If you have any queries, please explain more about your requirement. 

Regards,  
Narayanasamy P.  

Hi 

we are facing performance issue for textbox control.
while typing the text if we load multiple ng-template in a single page,the entered text in a textbox taking too much time to appear. 
if we long pres any key that text taking too much time to appear. 
if issue is not reproduced run that sample code wait 5 minutes and then try.
i have attached a sample code for this kindly look at it
Thanks in Advance
Regards
Thowbik

Attachment: angulartextboxmultiplegrid_c19a3d2f.zip

TH thowfik October 25, 2019 09:51 AM UTC

Hi, 

we are waiting for your reply,

Thanks in Advance
Regards
Thowbik

SP Sureshkumar P Syncfusion Team October 25, 2019 10:07 AM UTC

Hi Thowfik, 

We would like to inform you that our EJ2 TextBox component is integrated from the native HTML 5 TextBox component. If we bind the change and input event for the native HTML 5 TextBox component, the same issue is reproduced with some delay. So, the reported issue is occurring in the Syncfusion TextBox component.  

So, we suggest you use our CSS TextBox component to get rid of the reported issue. 

<div class="col-xs-12 col-sm-12 col-lg-12 col-md-12"> 
    <div class="e-float-input e-input-group"> 
        <input type="text" required> 
        <span class="e-float-line"></span> 
        <label class="e-float-text">Css TextBox</label> 
    </div> 

Please find the sample from the below link. Here, we have rendered CSS textbox with multiple ng-templates.  

To know more about TextBox component, please find the below link.  

Regards, 
Sureshkumar P 

TH thowfik October 25, 2019 02:58 PM UTC

Hi 
i used your code but still i am getting performance issue mainly for textbox component while typing text. 
while loading checkbox, textbox component inside ng template like this
     <ng-template #template let-data>
<ejs-checkbox class="role-view" [checked]="data.edit"></ejs-checkbox>
</ng-template>
textbox getting slow if i remove the #template from ng-template the textbox is fast but it is not working i am getting [object][object].
i  need  to use textbox,Checkbox,dropdownlist all other component inside  ng-template without any performance issue while typing text.
I have attached a sample code to report this issue kindly look at it.
Can you please help me to sort out this issue.
Thanks in Advance
Regards 
Thowbik

Attachment: Demo_b7fc6006_15747383_1c521bcb.zip

TH thowfik October 30, 2019 11:15 AM UTC

Hi
this is to notify that we are waiting for your reply
Thanks in Advance
Regards
Thowbik

TH thowfik November 5, 2019 07:14 AM UTC

Hi
this is to notify that we are waiting for your reply
Thanks in Advance
Regards
Thowbik

SS Seeni Sakthi Kumar Seeni Raj Syncfusion Team November 5, 2019 10:52 AM UTC

Hi Thowfik, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have validated the issue and it occurs due to element weightage. However we are validating that if we can optimize the performance at our end. We will update the further details  once completed the validation. Until then we appreciate your patience. 

Regards, 
Seeni Sakthi Kumar S 

SS Seeni Sakthi Kumar Seeni Raj Syncfusion Team November 8, 2019 06:16 AM UTC

Hi Thowfik, 

Thanks for your patience. We have validated the issue and changeDetectionStrategy of the angular component is caused the issue in your case.   

In angular, there are two kind of change detection strategies available.  

•            Default:                
Use the default CheckAlways strategy, in which change detection is automatic until explicitly deactivated. (i.e) if we enter the value into text box, change detection is getting triggered continuously for all template references. So that the reported issue occurs.  

•            OnPush
Use the CheckOnce strategy, meaning that automatic change detection is deactivated until reactivated by setting the strategy to Default (CheckAlways). Once we enable this and enter value into text-box, change detection triggers only for input text-box alone instead of triggering change detection to all template references.  

So we suggest you to use “changeDetection: ChangeDetectionStrategy.OnPush” strategy. Please refer below blog which will explain angular change detection in detail  

Regards, 
Seeni Sakthi Kumar S 

TH thowfik November 13, 2019 07:40 AM UTC

after using changeDetection: ChangeDetectionStrategy.OnPush the performance of the textbox while typing the text is better but the data is not loading in any grid or dropdown.
can you please help me to sort out this issue 
Thanks in advance
Regards
Thowbik 

SS Seeni Sakthi Kumar Seeni Raj Syncfusion Team November 14, 2019 07:24 AM UTC

Hi Thowfik, 

Thanks for the update. 

First we would like to inform you that, using changedetection property will not affect the data loading of the Grid or any other components. Also in our previous update, we have provided a sample with ChangeDetection strategy set as onPush . Which is working fine at our end. To validate further in this issue, please share the code example or reproduce the issue in given sample . It will help us to validate the issue, and provide a better suggestion as soon as possible. 

Regards, 
Seeni Sakthi Kumar S 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon