We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

When Trying to expand, it take more time to expand.

Hi,

I have already rise the query for this. now i am attaching the sample file,take and look at it and please resolve that issues.

1. Actually when i am trying to expand, it take more time to show the records. i have implemented loader(indicator) which you people provided.but no use.when tap(on group for expand) even loader also not working properly(when click on it, it appears the loader too few sec later )

2. if scroll the grid horizontally ,automatically the few of header column names are going to hide.(no need to hide the columns)

3. right now expand/collapse icons are in right side. i need in left side.

please update this 3 requirements.

Attachment: DemoPro1_a295073.zip

8 Replies

PK Pradeep Kumar Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team June 24, 2019 12:56 PM UTC

Hi Uttej, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query 1: Busy Indicator loads few seconds later after enabling. 
Query 2: Column header text is not rendered properly while scrolling horizontally. 
Query 3: Need to layout Expand/Collapse icon on left side. 

In order to resolve both the Query 1 and 3 please add image in CaptionSummary template row in left side and perform the Expand and collapse action using image tapgesture also load the indicator view in expanding action. Please refer the following code snippet for reference. 

Code Snippet: 
<Dgrid:SfDataGrid.CaptionSummaryTemplate> 
                <DataTemplate> 
                    <Grid BackgroundColor="#f7f7f7" Padding="0"> 

<Grid.ColumnDefinitions> 
                            <ColumnDefinition Width="20"/> 
                            <ColumnDefinition Width="*"/> 
                        </Grid.ColumnDefinitions> 

<Image Source="GroupExpander.png" Aspect="AspectFit"> 
                            <Image.GestureRecognizers> 
                                <TapGestureRecognizer Tapped="TapGestureRecognizer_Tapped"/> 
                            </Image.GestureRecognizers> 
                        </Image> 

[C#] 

private async void TapGestureRecognizer_Tapped(object sender, EventArgs e) 
{ 
    var group = (sender as Image).BindingContext as Group; 
    if (group != null) 
    { 
        if (group.IsExpanded) 
        { 
            (sender as Image).Source = "GroupCollapser.png"; 
            dataGrid.CollapseGroup(group); 
        } 
        else 
        { 
            indicator.AnimationType = AnimationTypes.SlicedCircle; 
            indicator.IsVisible = true; 
            indicator.IsBusy = true; 
            (sender as Image).Source = "GroupExpander.png"; 
            dataGrid.ExpandGroup(group); 
            await Task.Delay(1000); 
            indicator.IsBusy = false; 
            indicator.IsVisible = false; 
        } 
    } 
} 

Another way to resolve Query 3 if we define GroupingMode as Multiple then the GroupExpandAndCollapse icon will be loaded in left side but additionally Indent Column will be loaded as first column. please refer the following code for reference. 

Code Snippet:  
GroupingMode="Multiple" 

Regarding Query 2 we can able to replicate the issue “Column header text is not rendered properly while scrolling horizontally” in Xamarin forms. We are currently validating this issue we will update further details in two business days (June 26, 2019). We appreciate your patience until then. 

Also, you should not define HeaderFontAttribute="700". Please define the available FontAttributes. Refer the following link to know about Xamarin forms FontAttributes 

Regards, 
Pradeep Kumar B

PK Pradeep Kumar Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team June 24, 2019 02:13 PM UTC

Hi Uttej, 

We have checked and logged the issue report for the issue “Column header Text is not rendered properly while scrolling horizontally” in Xamarin forms. we have logged a defect report for the same. we will fix this issue and include the issue fix in our upcoming weekly Nuget release and it will be available on July 9, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then  

You can also track the status of the report by the following feedback link. 

Regards, 
Pradeep Kumar B

WS Web Synergies replied to Web Synergies June 27, 2019 05:31 AM UTC

Hi,

I have already rise the query for this. now i am attaching the sample file,take and look at it and please resolve that issues.

1. Actually when i am trying to expand, it take more time to show the records. i have implemented loader(indicator) which you people provided.but no use.when tap(on group for expand) even loader also not working properly(when click on it, it appears the loader too few sec later )

2. if scroll the grid horizontally ,automatically the few of header column names are going to hide.(no need to hide the columns)

3. right now expand/collapse icons are in right side. i need in left side.

please update this 3 requirements.

Attachment: DemoPro1_a295073.zip

Hi,

I am loading the bulk of data to sfdatagrid. after loading only, we are trying to expand/collapse the sfgrid. so it should not take the time to show the data when click on expand. so already i have raise the query for that 2 times. but not getting proper solution. i didnt understand whether you people get the my problem or not. action is not perform quickly. i have attached my sample demo project in this thread itself. please provide the solution. from long back onward we are trying to do all the requirements for my client using syncfusion. if they are not satisfy, how can we purchase your product. all most everything working fine. majorly face that, expand  the grid not works quickly..

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team June 28, 2019 01:04 PM UTC

Hi Uttej, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

Query 1: Need to load indicator while expanding the group. 

We have prepared sample in that we have started indicator in Group Expanding event and updated sample but is not worked perfectly for your scenario. 

Query 2: There is a delay between Expander icon tapped and load indicator starting. 

For this requirement we have started load indicator while tapping the image in the CaptionSummary Template for expanding. 

Query 3: Expanding takes more time compared to collapsing. We are performing Expanding loading all the data it should not take more time expand the Group 

Actually, Expanding takes more time compared to collapsing the Group. Time is varying based on the number of records in the group and Device. We have also attached the tested sample video for your reference. 

We have tested in MI A1 device (Android Version 8.0). 

Please share the following details to check and resolve this issue earlier. 

·       Share the video to know how long it takes to expand the group on your side. 
·       Tested device configuration details. 

It will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution at the earliest.   

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

WS Web Synergies July 2, 2019 06:01 AM UTC

I have upload the video.please watch it with carefully because we have been facing lots of issues.

1. In the video you can find the delay time when i am trying to expand to show the records. for the 1st time even i am not getting loader too.2nd time on ward some times getting loader some times not. this is my biggest problem that facing in my project. i have raised query many times,you people provided loader to show the users for loading records.but you people could not resolve my issue even loader too. but this time in the video you can find the my problem. ( i have attached my demo project in this thread it self)
2. Please observe the different between the action/performance of scrolling when it is in collapse mode and when it is in expand mode.
    When i am trying scroll the records vertically after expand, its very hard to scroll to move (you can observe clearly in the video). But if records are in collapse mode, scroll will  performs well.

In all mobiles i am facing this problems. video captured by samsung 9.1 version (pie)

Attachment: sfVideo_3477fb31.7z

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 2, 2019 01:57 PM UTC

Hi Uttej, 

Thank you for the update. 

We have checked and we can replicate the issue “Delay while expanding the rows and lagging of scrolling vertically” from our end and it is occurring due to theGridTemplateColumn in it. You could notice no delay while GridTemplateColumn is not in the view while expanding and could scroll without any lagging. We need some time to validate the issue, we will update your further details on or before July 4, 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V     

FP Farjana Parveen Ayubb Syncfusion Team July 4, 2019 11:32 AM UTC

Hi Uttej, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We have analyzed the issue “Delay while expanding the rows and lagging of scrolling vertically with GridTemplateColumn”. We render the controls loaded inside the GridTemplateColumn directly from the framework itself. We suspect the issue occurs form the framework side since the arranged children are from the framework. We still need to analyze further to find the root cause of the issue. We will provide you further details on 5th July 2019. 

We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Farjana Parveen A 

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 5, 2019 01:44 PM UTC

Hi Uttej, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We have analyzed the issue “Delay while expanding the rows and lagging of scrolling vertically with GridTemplateColumn”, This is because of the control loaded inside the CellTemplate. If we load a control inside GridTemplateColumn, we render the controls loaded in CellTemplate. Each grid cell renders the control, so while expanding the group (say: with single column which has 50 rows and loading a view in each cell), It loads 50 controls so delay tends to occur. 

We have also considered to improve the performance while expanding the group and scrolling with GridTemplateColumn, since we render the view loaded in the cell template, we have decided to draw the view in the grid cell, but we don’t have any immediate plans to implement this enhancement. We will implement and include this in any of our upcoming releases.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon