We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

User Directory Settings - how to set

I'm installing Syncfusion Dashboard Server and Syncfusion User Management. Everything seems to be correct except when attempting to access the Dashboard Server from another machine on the network. When I try that, the Dashboard Server attempts to find the UMS at localhost, regardless of how it's been configured. 

The User Directory Settings tab in the Dashboard Servers Setting page has fields for the UMS URL, Client ID, and Client Secret. I understand that it's not possible to save these settings from this page; instead, the settings are saved manually in the Dashboard Server's config.xml. However, changes made to config.xml are not reflected in this page. Is this page just for testing configurations or is it supposed to be reading the current configuration from config.xml? 

4 Replies

RN Renuka N Syncfusion Team June 12, 2019 06:04 AM UTC

Hi Michael, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Please find response for your queries 
I understand that it's not possible to save these settings from this page; instead, the settings are saved manually in the Dashboard Server's config.xml  
We have already planned to provide the support to save configuration settings and logged the below feedback link. This feature will be available in our upcoming release. 
However, changes made to config.xml are not reflected in this page.  
The UMS details have to be updated in two config.xml files. Refer the below help documentation link,   
Is this page just for testing configurations or is it supposed to be reading the current configuration from config.xml  
This page is to test and validate the UMS details before saving. In our upcoming release, we are going to expose Save option from this page.   

Please let us know, if you have any queries. 

Regards, 
Renuka N. 

MI Michael June 12, 2019 02:32 PM UTC

Thank you, Renuka. My installation has only one config.xml file, not two. There is a config.xml in C:\Syncfusion\Dashboard Server\DashboardServer.Web\Configuration\. There is no folder named C:\Syncfusion\Dashboard Server\DashboardServer.Web\App_Data. 

The UMS Url that shows in config.xml is not the UMS Url that shows in the User Directory tab in Dashboard Server.

I'm using SQL CE if that makes a difference. 

Where is the User Directory tab in Dashboard Server getting its data from? It's not reading the config.xml file in C:\Syncfusion\Dashboard Server\DashboardServer.Web\Configuration\, so it must be stored someplace else as well. But as I mentioned, there is no App_Data folder in my installation. (see attachment)

Attachment: Syncfusion_145190_bae668fb.zip

MI Michael June 12, 2019 05:37 PM UTC

This is resolved. As it turns out, SF installs partly in c:\Syncfusion, regardless of where you specify for the install. So once I found the other installed directory, I was able to update both of the config files.

SM Sankarlingam M Syncfusion Team June 13, 2019 05:53 AM UTC

Hi Michael,  

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you need any further assistance on this.  

Thanks, 
Sankar 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon