We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Need to show expand ,Collapse icons

Hi,

After customizing caption summary, i cant able to see the expand and collapse icons .i need to show icon when expand/collapse .

Thank You
Ajay

14 Replies

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team May 23, 2019 12:08 PM UTC

Hi Ajay, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Based on the provided information, we understand that your requirement is show the expand / collapse icon after customizing the caption summary row in DataGrid Xamarin.Forms. If you customized using Template expand / collapse icon won’t be visible since applied template for the entire row. If you mentioned, customizing as applying style / customizing the caption summary text expand / collapse icon will be visible. For enabling expand / collapse icon, you need to set AllowGroupExpandCollapse property of DataGrid as true

We have checked the same and it is working fine as expected.

Sample link: GridGrouping_sample 

Please check and let us know if you have any query. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V   

AJ ajay replied to Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy May 27, 2019 06:30 AM UTC

Hi,

Here i made "AllowGroupExpandCollapse"  as true. and here i used custom caption summary template which includes check box, label and icon.so when i customize it, i could not able to see the expand/collapse icon. Please check once the below images.

in this case i could not find the icons. your sample project is not related like this.

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team May 27, 2019 01:01 PM UTC

Hi Ajay, 

Thank you for your update. 

We have checked your requirement based on the last update "Need to display Expand and Collapse Icon even when we define the caption summary template." We have defined the caption summary template based on the shared screen shot and the Expand and Collapse icon is rendered in the caption summary row at our end.  

In the following link, we have attached the tested sample for your reference, 

Please check the sample and let us know whether it meets your requirement. If you face any issue kindly revert to us with more details (Platform / Syncfusion product and Xamarin Forms version). It will be helpful for to check on it and provide you the solution. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V       

AJ ajay May 28, 2019 01:32 PM UTC

I have checked your sample project. here you made icon as constant. means when try to expand the group,icon should change.but here icon didn't change. please check once.

PK Pradeep Kumar Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team May 29, 2019 03:54 PM UTC

Hi Ajay, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

We have checked the reported issue in the last update and able to see Expand collapse icon is static not responding to the Expand and collapse action in the shared sample. But You have mentioned that Expand and collapse icon is not rendered if we define Caption summary template in your application.  

Regarding the static rendering of expand and collapse we will validate and update you further details in two business days (May 31, 2019). We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Pradeep Kuma B  

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team May 31, 2019 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Ajay, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We have checked the issue “Expand and collapse icon is static and not responding to expand and collapse icon if we have caption summary row”. we can able to reproduce the issue please share the following details to check the issue “Expand and collapse icon is not visible when we use caption summary row template” 

·       Are you defined FrozenColumnCount to datagrid. 
·       Syncfusion and Xamarin forms version in your application. 

Earlier this issue is happened if we define FrozenColumnCount to DataGrid and this is resolved in current version. 

Please share the above details, it will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution at the earliest. 

Regards,  
Subburaj Pandian V  

AJ ajay June 3, 2019 05:37 AM UTC

Yes , i am using "FrozenColumnCount" in my data.

sfDataGrid Version : 17.1.0.48
Xamarin forms version :  3.4.0.1008975

PK Pradeep Kumar Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team June 4, 2019 05:51 PM UTC

Hi Ajay, 

Thank you for the update. 

We can able to replicate the reported issue “Expand and collapse icon is not visible when we define the caption summary template” with the same setting in another sample but not reproduced in the previously shared sample. Currently we are analysing why this is not reproduced in the previously shared sample. we will update the details in two business days (June 7,2019). We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards, 
Pradeep Kumar B 

AJ ajay June 6, 2019 04:28 AM UTC

okay , And one more requirement is...

When tap on group ,it is going to expand. again tap on the group,now it is going to collapse. Here , each group contains more than 100 records. due to huge records when i tap on the group, for expand (to show the records)  it takes some time.so here i need to show the indicator to user something is going like that.

Thank You
Ajay

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team June 6, 2019 02:18 PM UTC

Hi Ajay, 

Your requirement to load an indicator while expanding the groups can be achieved by using SfBusyIndicator. We had customized the SfBusyIndicator visibility in the Group expanding event. So that while expanding SfBusyIndicator is loaded. 

Refer the below code for reference 

public partial class MainPage : ContentPage 
    SfBusyIndicator indicator; 
    public MainPage() 
    { 
        InitializeComponent(); 
        indicator = new SfBusyIndicator(); 
        dataGrid.GroupExpanding += DataGrid_GroupExpanding;            
    }    

private async void DataGrid_GroupExpanding(object sender, GroupChangingEventArgs e) 
    { 
        //// customize based on the requirement.            
        indicator.IsBusy = true; 
        indicator.IsVisible = true; 
        indicator.AnimationType = AnimationTypes.SlicedCircle; 
        grid.Children.Add(indicator); 
        await Task.Delay(200);             
        indicator.IsBusy = false; 
        indicator.IsVisible = false; 
    } 
}   

We had prepared a sample based your requirement and you can download it from the below link. 

And we are analyzing the issue “Expand and collapse icon is not visible when we define the caption summary template”. We will update you with further details on 07th June 2019. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

PK Pradeep Kumar Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team June 7, 2019 03:01 PM UTC

Hi Ajay,  

Thank you for patience. 

We have checked the reported issue " Expand and Collapse icon is not rendered in caption summery template when we define FrozenColumnCount to datagrid" For the same, we have logged a defect report. We will fix this issue and include the issue fix in our upcoming July first weekly NuGet release update which is expected to be available on July 2,2019. We appreciate your patience until then.  

You can also track the status of the report by the following feedback link. 

Regards, 
Pradeep Kumar B 

AJ ajay June 14, 2019 04:12 AM UTC

It is not working properly. it is taking time to show loader when click on that group.so please check once.

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team June 14, 2019 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Ajay, 

Thank you for the update. 

We have checked the reported issue and the issue does not occurs from our end. Indictor loads correctly while tap the group expander icon.  We have attached the sample and video for your reference and you can download the same from the below link, 

Please check the sample and let us know if you still facing the same issue? If not, please modify the sample based on your scenario and revert us . It will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution at the earliest.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team July 3, 2019 01:13 PM UTC

Hi James, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2019 Volume 2 Beta Release version 17.2.0.28 is rolled out with the issue fix of “Expand and Collapse icon is not rendered in caption summery template when we define FrozenColumnCount” and is available for download under the following link.  

Note: This feature be included in our main release as well, which is expected to be available by mid of July 2019.  

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon