We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Soft Keyboard hides entry controls on tabs other than the first one

Hi,

I have noticed an issue with the TabViewer control for Xamarin.

If you have an Editor field on the first tab that is in the lower half of the screen, the screen will scroll when the Editor field is focused. If this same setup is on a second page, the keyboard will cover the Editor when focused.

I have attached a sample to demonstrate the issue.

Thanks
Andrew

Attachment: XamarinUITabViewTest_732e510c.zip

3 Replies

MK Muneesh Kumar G Syncfusion Team May 16, 2019 01:19 PM UTC

Hi Andrew, 

Greetings from Syncfusion. 

We have analyzed your reported issue and we would like to inform you that currently, Xamarin not detecting the focus for custom controls, it detects only for the initial rendered pages. 

However, you can resolve this problem by adding the list view to a scroll view and setting the soft keyboard windows as Resize as like below code snippet. 

Xamarin.Forms.Application.Current.On<Xamarin.Forms.PlatformConfiguration.Android>().UseWindowSoftInputModeAdjust(WindowSoftInputModeAdjust.Resize); 

Screenshot:

Sample: 
Please get back to us, if you have any queries. 

Regards, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

MN Mahmut Nedim replied to Muneesh Kumar G February 6, 2020 08:17 AM UTC

Hi Andrew, 

We have analyzed your reported issue and we would like to inform you that currently, Xamarin not detecting the focus for custom controls, it detects only for the initial rendered pages. 

However, you can resolve this problem by adding the list view to a scroll view and setting the soft keyboard windows as Resize as like below code snippet. 

Xamarin.Forms.Application.Current.On<Xamarin.Forms.PlatformConfiguration.Android>().UseWindowSoftInputModeAdjust(WindowSoftInputModeAdjust.Resize); 

Screenshot:

Sample: 
Please get back to us, if you have any queries. 

Regards, 
Muneesh Kumar G. 

Hi, I have the same problem. When I use your solution suggestion, all elements break down

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team February 7, 2020 10:00 AM UTC

Hi Mahmut,

Provided suggestion will work only when add the view to ScrollView. We have tried to reproduce the issue, but we are unable to reproduce the issue. Sample we tried that can be download from below.

Sample ink: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/TabView-Keyboard-710333032.zip 

Can please update following details? 

·       Type of used layout in SfTabView

·       Code snippet or modified the sample with reported issue.

This will help us to provide better solution at the earliest.

Regards,
Hemalatha M. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon