We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

TIleView Control - changing row count as the windows size changes and keep tile size the same.

Hello, 

I'm trying to adapt the DataBinding TileView sample to my requirements.  I'm creating a dashboard-like view that lists a selection of objects to edit/delete/copy. With the data binding sample and the virtualization sample I was able to come pretty close to our design of a tile view of objects to be edited\copied\deleted.

My current issues are this:

•  I haven’t been able to determine how to have the column/row count grow as the window size grows; currently the tiles change size to fit the window based on the set row\col as the window grows and shrinks.  I would really like the tile to stay a set size and have them lay out  to fill the screen. Is this possible with this control?  
  •  As an alternative I quickly looked at the CardView but haven’t implemented any code yet. The bonus is the built in filtering/sorting/grouping. I need to be able to filter/sort/group on data that is not show on the actual card item, but can be part of the data model for each card -  is this possible?

See attached image for a sample of what I am trying to do. Would a CardView control be more suitable? I would like to keep the filter combo box aligned with the right edge of the tiles for visual appeal. 

Thanks!

Attachment: Tile_Dashboard_9c910972.zip

5 Replies

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team April 15, 2019 01:23 PM UTC

Hi Sheri, 

Thanks for your patience. 

Query-1:  I haven’t been able to determine how to have the column/row count grow as the window size grows; currently the tiles change size to fit the window based on the set row\col as the window grows and shrinks.  I would really like the tile to stay a set size and have them lay out  to fill the screen. Is this possible with this control? 

In TileView control, once row/column is initialized it cannot be changed dynamically. Row and column count remains the same based on number of tiles and it is not possible to change the row/column count dynamically based on window size. 

Query-2:  As an alternative I quickly looked at the CardView but haven’t implemented any code yet. The bonus is the built in filtering/sorting/grouping. I need to be able to filter/sort/group on data that is not show on the actual card item, but can be part of the data model for each card -  is this possible?  

In CardView, cards will be arranged horizontally based on window size. When window is resized either horizontally or vertically cards will be arranged based on the available size. We have prepared a sample for the same and let us know whether the provided sample meets your requirement. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan

SS Sheri Steeves April 15, 2019 05:48 PM UTC

Thanks for replying to my questions confirming the TileView behavior. 

I had already looked at the provided CardView sample via the SyncFusion WPF Control Panel bit will look at it in greater detail.

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team April 16, 2019 09:34 AM UTC

Hi Sheri, 

Thanks for your update. 

You can refer the below documentation which contains the list of features available and implementation details. 

And also you can refer the below documentation which provides more information regarding the data binding, 

If we misunderstood your requirement, please provide more information regarding the requirement. This would help us to proceed further. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan

SS Sheri Steeves April 16, 2019 03:18 PM UTC

I had already looked briefly at that documentation when I initially looked at the CardView as an option. 

For now I am still working with the TileView control as it seems to be what I want in terms of UI. I will eventually need to be able to show a filtered view which is where the CardView's build in sorting/grouping may end up being what I need. I'll get back to you if do have to switch over and have any questions.

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team April 17, 2019 05:08 PM UTC

Hi Sheri, 

Thanks for your update. 

Please let us know if you need any further details on this. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon