We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

When setting a SelectionView, in DayView, the View cannot be interacted with

I have my code setup as follows:
        <xForms:SfSchedule x:Name="Schedule"
                           Grid.Row="1" 
                           VerticalOptions="FillAndExpand"
                           ScheduleView="{Binding ScheduleViewMode}" 
                           FirstDayOfWeek="2"
                           SelectedDate="{Binding SelectedDate, Mode=TwoWay}" 
                           MoveToDate="{Binding MoveToDate, Mode=OneWay}"
                           DataSource="{Binding Appointments}"
                           ViewHeaderHeight="{Binding ViewHeaderHeight}" 
                           HeaderHeight="0" >
            <xForms:SfSchedule.SelectionView>
                <Button effects:LongPressEffect.Command="{Binding CreateNewAppointmentCommand}"
                        BackgroundColor="Red"
                        Text="Test">
                    <Button.Effects>
                        <effects:LongPressEffect/>
                    </Button.Effects>
                </Button>
            </xForms:SfSchedule.SelectionView>
          <!--Other Properties-->
        </xForms:SfSchedule>

As you can see I have set a LongPressEffect on the button in the SelectionView, this command works when the SfSchedule is in MonthView, the "Test" text darkens on iOS to indicate that some user interaction is occuring.

On Android, if I even set the SelectionView, I get an Object Reference error which I assume is similar to my issue I reported here: https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/143028/on-android-when-swapping-the-control-to-dayview-if-the-day-being-swapped-to-has-an-appointment-event

Upon changing the SfSchedule to DayView, the Red Button appears on the selected block (say 12pm - 1pm) however I cannot interact with the button at all. The "Test" text on the button doesn't darken. If I set a normal command on the button, it also does not work. It seems like something is swallowing user input.

Aside from setting the SelectionView property I have the following properties set:
AppointmentTemplate
Behaviors
ViewHeaderStyle
DayViewSettings (just ShowAllDay = false)
MonthViewSettings 
AppointmentMapping
Even after removing all these properties the problem persists.

Thanks, Akin

6 Replies

AG Akin Goktepe March 12, 2019 04:46 AM UTC

Also I'd like to say I had to remake this thread due to the fact that you allow raw HTML to be injected straight into the editor used to edit posts.
Might be a security risk.

Such as below

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 12, 2019 12:36 PM UTC

Hi Akin, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Currently, we are analyzing the reported issue “Schedule Selection view interaction issue in day view of Xamarin.Forms (iOS)”. We will validate and update you the details in two business days (March 14, 2019). We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regrading Website related query:  
We have forwarded the mentioned website related behavior to our concern team, we will update you the details along with the above query. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V   

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 14, 2019 12:27 PM UTC

Hi Akin, 

Thank you for your patience. 

Query 1: Regarding custom selection view doesn’t interacted with 
We can reproduce the reported issue and we have logged an issue report for the same. We will fix and update you with patch for the issue fix on 4th April 2019. We appreciate your patience until then.  

You can now track the status of your request and contact us for any further inquiries through this link. 

Query 2: Regarding Website  
Thank you for notifying us. We have created the task and we will consider and improve this script injection from our RTE text editor.   

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

AG Akin Goktepe March 14, 2019 10:48 PM UTC

Thanks Subburaj Pandian V  

In regards to the android issue of setting the SelectionView, I get an Object Reference error. Is that also going to be fixed in the patch on April 4th or is that a seperate issue? 

Thanks,
Akin

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 15, 2019 12:13 PM UTC

Hi Akin, 

Thank you for the update. 

Regarding Object Reference error: 
We have analyzed the reported behavior “Exception throws while set custom view for Selection view in Android” and it works fine from our end. We have created sample with button as a selection view and it works as expected. 

Sample link: Schedule

XF Version: 3.6.220655 
Schedule Version: 16.4.0.54 

Referred forum issue because of Xamarin.Forms (3.5 and above) and it is included in our latest Essential Studio 2019 Volume 1 Beta Release version 17.1.0.32 and is available for download under the following link, 

Kindly check the sample let us know if you’re still facing the same issue? If not, please modify the sample based on your scenario and revert us back with the replication procedure along with the Syncfusion and Xamarin.Forms update version. It will be helpful for us to check on it and provide you the solution. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team April 4, 2019 11:37 AM UTC

Hi Akin, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We have fixed the mentioned issue “Schedule Selection view interaction issue in day view of Xamarin.Forms (iOS)” and included the issue in our Essential Studio 2019 Volume 1 Release version 17.1.0.38 and is available for download under the following link. 

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon