We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

NullReferenceException when using SfTextInputLayout

Hi,

I'm using the SfDataForm control and I want to create a custom editor with .SfTextInputLayout.
However, I always get a NullReferenceException when I try to show the editor.
I have created two other editors based on SfRating and SfComboBox before and they are working fine.
This is some basic code I'm using to show the input:

public class DataFormVideoEditor : DataFormEditor<SfTextInputLayout>
    {

public DataFormVideoEditor(SfDataForm dataForm) : base(dataForm)
        {
        }

protected override SfTextInputLayout OnCreateEditorView(DataFormItem dataFormItem)
        {
            SfTextInputLayout inputLayout = new SfTextInputLayout();
            inputLayout.Hint = "Name";
            inputLayout.EnablePasswordVisibilityToggle = true;
            inputLayout.InputView = new Entry() { Text = "John" };
            return inputLayout;
        }
     }

Why does the application crash when I use the SfTextInputLayout?
Do I do something wrong or is the control not supported?

Thanks,
Tamara

4 Replies

DY Deivaselvan Y Syncfusion Team March 8, 2019 11:29 AM UTC

Hi Tamara, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have analyzed the reported behavior “NullReferenceException occurs while using SfTextInputLayout as custom editor” as of now dataform supports only views as a custom editor, but we have already implemented feature to support for Layout as a custom editor, and it will be included in our upcoming Volume 1 release, which is expected to roll out at the mid of March 2019. We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Deivaselvan 

DY Deivaselvan Y Syncfusion Team March 15, 2019 11:59 AM UTC

Hi Tamara,

We are glad to announce that our 2019 Volume 1 Beta Release v17.1.0.32 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/143309/essential-studio-2019-volume-1-beta-release-v17-1-0-32-is-available-for-download

The fix for the reported issue has been included in this release. The main release 2019 Volume 1 is planned to roll out at the end of March 2019.

Thanks for your patience and kindly let us know if you have any concerns.

Regards,
Deivaselvan 

UN Unknown April 23, 2019 07:07 PM UTC

Thank you, that solves my problem!

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team April 24, 2019 06:05 AM UTC

Hi Tamara, 

Thank you for the update. We glad to know that the mentioned issue resolved at your end with the latest update.  

Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance in future.  

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon