We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to avoid overlapping connectors?

Hi,

I've added 3 nodes to the diagram and connected 1st and 3rd node through connector like this,

public connectors: ConnectorModel[] = [
    {
      id: "Con1",
      sourceID: "HTML5",
      targetID: "HTML6",
      type: "Orthogonal"
    }
  ]

But the connector is overlapping the 2nd node although I've set the type to "Orthogonal". Attached the sample code. May I know how to solve this issue?

Regards,
Kannan

Attachment: OverlappingConnectors_6960afe5.zip

3 Replies

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team February 25, 2019 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Kannan, 

We does not have support for automatic line routing feature. We have already considered this as a feature request. To overcome this, please enable port to port connection to the node or set length ,direction and type to the connector segments. Please find below code example for how to set segments for connector. 

let connectors: ConnectorModel[] = [ 
        { id: 'connector1', sourceID: 'node1', targetID: 'node3', segments: [{type: 'Orthogonal', length: 90, direction: 'Bottom'}], type: 'Orthogonal' }, 

]; 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

KT Kannan T replied to Ramya Thirugnanam February 26, 2019 05:46 AM UTC

Hi Kannan, 

We does not have support for automatic line routing feature. We have already considered this as a feature request. To overcome this, please enable port to port connection to the node or set length ,direction and type to the connector segments. Please find below code example for how to set segments for connector. 

let connectors: ConnectorModel[] = [ 
        { id: 'connector1', sourceID: 'node1', targetID: 'node3', segments: [{type: 'Orthogonal', length: 90, direction: 'Bottom'}], type: 'Orthogonal' }, 

]; 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

Hi Ramya,

May I know when this routing feature will be released? Thank you !

Regards,
Kannan

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team February 26, 2019 07:16 AM UTC

Hi Kannan,   

Reported requirement: routing support for connector. 

Currently, we don’t have support for routing support. But, we don’t have any immediate plans to implement this feature. At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming releases. We may consider this feature for our Volume 2 2019 release which is tentatively scheduled on June 2019. We will update you when this feature has been implemented.    

Now, you can now track the status of your request, review the proposed resolution timeline, and contact us for any further inquiries through the below link.   

Regards,    
Ramya T   

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon