We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

[UWP] Horizontal Scrolling via keyboard arrows?

How can I scroll via keyboard arrows? I see the highlighted cell moves, but when it goes off the shown screen the Grid is not scrolled (only a bit but not completely).

AutoGenerateColumns="true"
ColumnSizer="Auto"
NavigationMode="Cell"
SelectionMode="Single"
VerticalOverScrollMode="None">

I use:

VS2017 15.9.5
Xamarin.Forms 3.4.0.1009999
Syncfusion.Xamarin.SfDataGrid 16.4.0.42
.net standard 2.0 lib as shared project
Windows 10 1709 (UWP app MinVersion 16299/Target: 17763 with Microsoft.NETCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform Version 6.1.9)

11 Replies

PK Pradeep Kumar Balakrishnan Syncfusion Team January 22, 2019 05:08 PM UTC

Hi Andre, 

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.  

We have checked and created new support incident under your account to track the status of this query “Horizontal scrolling is not working in key navigation”. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates regarding the same.     

Please let us know, if you have any query on this. 

Regards, 
Pradeep Kumar B 

AZ André Ziegler March 19, 2019 07:39 AM UTC

It works with 17.1.0.32-beta as written in docs:

Bug Fixes
  • #I225738 - [UWP] Now, navigation through cells via keyboard scrolls to the next cell properly.

I can verify that it works and the grid scrolls now to the end.

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 20, 2019 08:46 AM UTC

Hi André,  

Thank you for the update. We are happy that the mentioned issue resolved at your end.  

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

AZ André Ziegler replied to Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy March 21, 2019 07:29 AM UTC

Hi André,  

Thank you for the update. We are happy that the mentioned issue resolved at your end.  

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

I have indeed one more question about it. Can I specifiy in code how many cells I scroll with 1 keyboard arrow action? So using arrow key once, but move 2 cells for faster scrolling?

André

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 22, 2019 12:46 PM UTC

Hi André, 

Thank you for the update. 

Currently, we are analyzing your requirement with DataGrid in Xamarin.Forms. We will validate and update you the details in two business days (March 26, 2019). We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V 

AZ André Ziegler March 25, 2019 06:48 AM UTC

I would first try it if it makes or not.Maybe apply the faster scrolling (by the applied factor) when pressing SHIFT+Arrow key 🤔

André

AZ André Ziegler March 26, 2019 08:04 AM UTC

Btw, does Android support scrolling? I've installed a x86 Android Pie next to my Windows 10 on my Toshiba Encore Tablet and running the Android part of XF app doesn't allow me to use keyboard navigation from attached USB keyboard.

André

JP Jagadeesan Pichaimuthu Syncfusion Team March 26, 2019 11:22 AM UTC

Hi Andre, 

We checked your requirement “Provide support to define the number cells to move for scrolling” currently we don’t have this support. However we planned to expose override methods to define the keydown behavior in sample level. We will consider your requirement in this feature request itself. 

Currently, these feature requests are in the validated state and is in the queue to implement in our database. We didn’t plan to implement these mentioned features in our upcoming Volume release. We are always trying to make our products better and feature requests like yours are a key part of our product growth efforts.   

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented.   

You can track the status of this feature request here,  

Please cast your vote to make it count. We will prioritize the features every release based on the demands.  

Query 2 :  KeyNavigation is not working in android platform. 

We have provided key navigation support in Xamarin Forms UWP and Xamarin Froms Mac platform. 

Regards, 
Jagadeesan 

AZ André Ziegler March 27, 2019 06:32 AM UTC

Hi,

thanks for the update on both questions.

You can install Android apps on Chromebooks/ChromeOS, here primary usage is also keyboard:

However, to ensure your app works on all Chromebooks, go to your manifest file and adjust the settings so that the android.hardware.touchscreen feature is not required, as shown in the following example. Removing the requirement for touch input means you should also review your app's support for mouse and keyboard interactions.

So it would be nice to add keyboard scrolling support in Android, too in a later 17.x update.

André

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team March 28, 2019 12:15 PM UTC

Hi André, 

Currently, we are analyzing on your requirement “Support to Keyborad scrolling in DataGrid Xamarin.Forms Android”. We will validate and update you the details in two business days (April 01, 2019). We appreciate your patience until then. 

Regards,  
Subburaj Pandian V 

SP Subburaj Pandian Veluchamy Syncfusion Team April 2, 2019 06:38 AM UTC

Hi André, 

Thank you for your patience. 

We have considered to provide “Support to Keyboard scrolling in DataGrid (Android)” and logged feature request for the same. We will implement this feature in any of our upcoming release.  

At the planning stage for every release cycle, we review all open features and identify features for implementation based on specific parameters including product vision, technological feasibility, and customer interest. We will let you know when this feature is implemented. We appreciate your patience until then. 

We are always trying to make our products better and feature requests like yours are a key part of our product growth efforts. 

We are closing this incident now. You can also communicate with us regarding the open features any time using our Feature Report page.  

If you have any more specification/suggestions to the feature request, you can add it as a comment in the portal and cast your vote to make it count. 

Regards,
Subburaj Pandian V  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon