We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Excel filter in Date column

Hi. I have created the application Razor Pages Syncfusion EJ2 with grid an URL-adapter and an excel filter (see attached file). Why doesn't the filter in the Release Date column work as expected?

Thanks.

Attachment: RazorPagesGridExcelFilter_28c7f04f.zip

18 Replies

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team November 13, 2018 01:03 PM UTC

Hi Costa, 

We have checked your query and tried to reproduce the issue at our end but it is unsuccessful. Please refer the below screenshot and sample link. 

Please get back to us if you need further assistance. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

CO Costa November 15, 2018 01:37 AM UTC

Hi. Your sample with 2 selected items in filter. No record to display.

CO Costa November 15, 2018 04:58 AM UTC

Also, all the same, please look at your project, with the addition of the ExcelFilter page (attached file). The behavior of the excel filter is slightly different.

Attachment: excelfilterorderdate_20d7d892.zip

CO Costa November 15, 2018 09:22 AM UTC

Also, please tell us, which NuGet Package should be used for Razor Pages App's: Syncfusion.EJ2 or Syncfusion.EJ2.AspNet.Core? They have the same descriptions.

CO Costa November 15, 2018 10:24 AM UTC

As I understand, the problem of filtering occurs exactly when using UrlAdaptor.

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team November 15, 2018 11:55 AM UTC

Hi Costa, 

We have checked your query and we have logged “Unable to filter the date column with excel filter using DataOperations class” as a bug. The fix for the issue will be available on November 28, 2018 patch release. Until then we appreciate your patience. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

CO Costa November 30, 2018 08:52 AM UTC

Hi, November 28th has already passed. How's the work progressing?

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team December 3, 2018 06:27 AM UTC

Hi Costa,  

Sorry for inconvenience caused. 

In our last patch release will be postponed due to the Essential Studio Volume 4, 2018  Beta release. However we will include the fix “Unable to filter the date column with excel filter using DataOperations class” in our upcoming Volume 4, 2018 beta release at the mid of the December. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

CO Costa December 3, 2018 12:04 PM UTC

Hi, Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan.
Thanks for update.

I would also like to draw your attention that if there are null fields, Excel filter does not allow you to filter the data with null values.

CO Costa December 3, 2018 12:05 PM UTC

CO Costa December 3, 2018 12:06 PM UTC

DR Dhivya Rajendran Syncfusion Team December 4, 2018 07:04 AM UTC

Hi Costa, 

Query : I would also like to draw your attention that if there are null fields, Excel filter does not allow you to filter the data with null values. 

We have validated the provided information and you can achieve your requirement by using the below way. In the below sample, we have used empty string instead of null values to filter the blanks record in excel filtering.  

Please find the below example code, attached snapshot and sample link for your reference. 

[Index.cshtml.cs] 
public static List<OrdersDetails> GetAllRecords() 
            { 
                if (order.Count() == 0) 
                { 
                    . . . .  
                    { 
                        order.Add(new OrdersDetails(code + 1, "ALFKI", i + 0, 2.3 * i, false, new DateTime(1991, 05, 15), "Berlin", "Simons bistro", "Denmark", new DateTime(1996, 7, 16), "Kirchgasse 6")); 
                        order.Add(new OrdersDetails(code + 2, "ANATR", i + 2, 3.3 * i, true, new DateTime(1990, 04, 04), "", "Queen Cozinha", "Brazil", new DateTime(1996, 9, 11), "Avda. Azteca 123")); 
                        order.Add(new OrdersDetails(code + 5, "BOLID", i + 4, 6.3 * i, true, new DateTime(1953, 02, 18), "", "Hanari Carnes", "Switzerland", new DateTime(1997, 12, 3), "1029 - 12th Ave. S.")); 
          . . . . . . 
           } 

Regards, 
R.Dhivya 

CO Costa December 4, 2018 10:08 AM UTC

Thanks. A variant with empty strings, I found myself. But it requires additional coding in real Apps. I hope this is a temporary workaround?

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team December 5, 2018 06:19 AM UTC

Hi Costa, 

Thanks for the update. We have analyzed and confirmed “Null values are not displaying as blanks in checkbox filter” as bug and this fix will be available in any of the upcoming releases. 

Regards, 
Madhu Sudhanan P 

CO Costa replied to Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan December 17, 2018 11:05 AM UTC

Hi Costa,  

Sorry for inconvenience caused. 

In our last patch release will be postponed due to the Essential Studio Volume 4, 2018  Beta release. However we will include the fix “Unable to filter the date column with excel filter using DataOperations class” in our upcoming Volume 4, 2018 beta release at the mid of the December. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

Version 16.4.0.40 (Vol 4 2018 - Dec 10, 2018) Beta has same error.

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team December 18, 2018 09:52 AM UTC

Hi Costa, 

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. 

We have included the fix for the issue “Unable to filter the date column with excel filter using DataOperations class” in our Volume 4, 2018 release(not included in Beta). We glad to announce that our Volume 4, 2018 release has been rolled out successfully. We suggest you to use the latest version (16.4.0.42) to resolve the reported problem. 

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

ED Eduardo January 17, 2019 05:40 PM UTC

The same problem “Unable to filter the date column with excel filter using DataOperations class

on ASP.NET Core EJ1
Version: 16.4.0.47

Attachment: syncfusionversion_e1676135.zip

VN Vignesh Natarajan Syncfusion Team January 18, 2019 10:26 AM UTC

Hi Costa, 

Query : Unable to filter the date column with excel filter using DataOperations class in EJ1 Core 

We are able to reproduce the mentioned issue on our side also. This issue occurs by default on ASP.Net core sample due to variance in Timezone. To avoid this issue, we suggest you to parse dates while serializing. Modify your  startup.cs page as given in the below code example.  

public void ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services)  
        {  
            // Add framework services.  
            services.AddMvc().AddXmlSerializerFormatters()  
            .AddJsonOptions(x =>  
             {  
                 x.SerializerSettings.DateParseHandling = Newtonsoft.Json.DateParseHandling.None; 
                x.SerializerSettings.ContractResolver = null;

});  
            services.AddCors(options => options.AddPolicy("AllowAll", p => p.AllowAnyOrigin().AllowAnyHeader().AllowAnyMethod()));  
        }  

If above solution does not resolve your query, please get back to us with more details regarding your query.  

Regards,  
Vignesh Natarajan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon