We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Custom Tab Focus Direction in SfDataGrid

I am Facing Issue With SfDatagrid. i have changed the flowdirection of SfDatagrid to Right To Left. In That case i want to move focus direction of cell from right to left on Tab Key Press. I tried to achieve that by overridding ProcessKeyDown.
I also applied OnRowValidating Event in my SfDataGrid(which gets fired on row change)
My problem is that when i am on right most column of sfdatagrid (Note:Flowdirection of sfdatagrid is right to left) and pressing tab key then before navigating to left direction cell from right,
OnRowValidation Event gets fired.
I am working in Application thats worked in two language (English and Arabic.) Everything is fine with English. But in case of arabic
Direction of SfDatagrid should be right to left and so focus direction of cell also from right to left 

6 Replies

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team January 7, 2019 12:04 PM UTC

Hi Yogendra,  

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.  

We have analyzed your query ”Custom Tab Focus Direction in SfDataGrid” from our side and We have prepared sample based on the provided information. We have tried to reproduce your reported problems with the simple sample.   

1. OnRowValidating event gets fired when apply the navigation from the right most column   
2. Right to Left tab key navigation not working properly for Arabic language.  

But unfortunately, the reported issue does not replicate at our end.  

We have attached the tested sample for your reference and you can download the same from the following location. 

Could you please check with the above sample whether the reported issue reproduced in our sample also.? If not , we would request you to share the customization codes to us for tab key navigation? Which would be help us to work further on your reported issue.  

Regards,  
Jayaleshwari N 

YO yogendra January 8, 2019 05:44 AM UTC

Hi ,Thanks to Response. I have checked the solution provided by you. I applied validation rule on Row for Second column  from left side of sfdatagrid and set the debug point to DataGrid_RowValidating  event.
I am still facing the same issue, when i am pressing tab key when focus is on left most column then  "DataGrid_RowValidating " event getting raised before navigating to next left column.
I have Attached the Modified Solution. Please Check and please set the cell in edit mode before pressing tab
Thanks Regards
Yogendra

Attachment: SelectionDemo_8fbcd71f.zip

YO yogendra replied to yogendra January 8, 2019 05:54 AM UTC

Hi ,Thanks to Response. I have checked the solution provided by you. I applied validation rule on Row for Second column  from left side of sfdatagrid and set the debug point to DataGrid_RowValidating  event.
I am still facing the same issue, when i am pressing tab key when focus is on left most column then  "DataGrid_RowValidating " event getting raised before navigating to next left column.
I have Attached the Modified Solution. Please Check and please set the cell in edit mode before pressing tab
Thanks Regards
Yogendra

Attachment: SelectionDemo_8fbcd71f.zip

Please Check the Screenshot also

Attachment: Screenshot_dc10fc7d.zip

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team January 9, 2019 12:21 PM UTC

Hi Yogendra,  

Thanks for the update.  

In SfDataGrid the RowValidating event occurs when edited cells tries to commit the row data or lose the focus. And when you try to move one row to next row by using the Tab key navigation in this case RowValidating event gets fired on the apply tab key navigation in Last column Index. This is the behavior of SfDataGrid.  

In your case you Customize the Tab key navigation in ProcessOnKeyDownEvent to apply the navigation Right to Left. We suspect your customization codes calls the RaiseRowValidate method in ProcessOnKeyDown event. And this is the cause of RowValidating event gets trigged when you are pressing the tab key.  

And you can avoid that by using the below code snippets.  

public class GridCellSelectionControllerExt : GridCellSelectionController  
{  
    public GridCellSelectionControllerExt(SfDataGrid dataGrid) : base (dataGrid)  
    {  

}  

protected override void ProcessKeyDown(KeyEventArgs args)  
    {  
        if (args.Key == Key.Tab)  
        {  
            int rowIndex, columnIndex;  
            if (CurrentCellManager.CurrentRowColumnIndex.RowIndex <= this.DataGrid.GetHeaderIndex() && !(this.DataGrid is DetailsViewDataGrid))  
                return;  

var rowColumnIndex = this.CurrentCellManager.CurrentRowColumnIndex;  
            if (!args.Handled)  
            {  
                rowIndex = CurrentCellManager.CurrentRowColumnIndex.RowIndex;  
                columnIndex = CurrentCellManager.CurrentRowColumnIndex.ColumnIndex;  
                bool isLastColumnIndex = columnIndex == this.DataGrid.Columns.Count;  
                object isValidationRaised = null;  
                if (isLastColumnIndex)  
                {  
                    var vaildationHelper = this.DataGrid.GetValidationHelper();  
                    var raiseValidateMethod = vaildationHelper.GetType().GetMethod("RaiseRowValidate", System.Reflection.BindingFlags.NonPublic | System.Reflection.BindingFlags.Instance);  
                    isValidationRaised = raiseValidateMethod.Invoke(vaildationHelper, new object[] { CurrentCellManager.CurrentRowColumnIndex });  
                }  
                if (isValidationRaised != null && !(bool)isValidationRaised)  
                {  
                    args.Handled = true;  
                    return;  
                }  
                if (isLastColumnIndex)  
                {  
                    int index = rowIndex + 1;  
                    if (index > this.DataGrid.View.Records.Count)  
                        index = 1;  
                    rowColumnIndex = new RowColumnIndex(index, 1);  
                }  
                else  
                {  
                    rowColumnIndex = new RowColumnIndex(rowIndex, columnIndex + 1);  
                }  
                this.DataGrid.SelectionController.MoveCurrentCell(rowColumnIndex,true);  
            }  
        }  
        else  
        {  
            base.ProcessKeyDown(args);  
        }  
    }  
}  

We have attached the tested sample for your reference and you can download the same from the following location.  
Sample link: SelectionDemo29170673.zip  

If still the issue is not resolved in your application then kindly share your ProcessOnKeyDown customization codes, it will help us to provide the better solution as much earliest.  

Regards,  
Jayaleshwari N 

YO yogendra January 10, 2019 06:11 AM UTC

Thanks . Its Working Fine

JN Jayaleshwari N Syncfusion Team January 11, 2019 10:13 AM UTC

Hi Yogendra, 

Thanks for the update. Please get in touch if you would require for further assistance. 

Regards, 
Jayaleshwari N. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon