We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Column sorting throws an exception System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.

When I tap on column header to sort it throws System.NotImplementedException: The method or operation is not implemented.

I use the code below
            <sfgrid:SfDataGrid x:Name="SfItemsGrid" 
                               Grid.Row="1"
                               ItemsSource="{Binding Path=Items.DisplayItems}"
                               SelectedItems="{Binding SelectedItems}"
                               AutoGenerateColumns="False"
                               AllowPullToRefresh="True"
                               AllowResizingColumn="True"
                               AllowSorting="True"
                               AllowMultiSorting="True"
                               ColumnSizer="Auto"
                               LiveDataUpdateMode="AllowDataShaping"
                               IsBusy="{Binding IsRefreshing}"
                               PullToRefreshCommand="{Binding RefreshCommand}"
                               SelectionMode="Multiple">
                <sfgrid:SfDataGrid.Columns>
                    <sfgrid:GridTextColumn MappingName="FIO" HeaderText="ФИО" HeaderTextAlignment="Center" TextAlignment="Start"/>
                    <sfgrid:GridTextColumn MappingName="Step" HeaderText="Шаг" HeaderTextAlignment="Center"/>
                    <sfgrid:GridTextColumn MappingName="Orders.Count" HeaderText="Заказов" HeaderTextAlignment="Center"/>
                </sfgrid:SfDataGrid.Columns>
            </sfgrid:SfDataGrid>

5 Replies

FR FrozDark December 20, 2018 11:57 AM UTC

Seems to be that SfDataGrid does not support sorting when Its ItemSource property is binded to non IList object (Like DataSource.DisplayItems in my code above)

SS Sivaraman Sivagurunathan Syncfusion Team December 20, 2018 01:24 PM UTC

Hi,  

Thanks for using Syncfusion component.  

We have checked your query and prepare the sample based on your requirement. But the issue does not reproduce the issue from our side. we have attached the sample for your reference. You can download the same from the below link. If the issue still persist from your side, modified the sample and revert us with clear replication procedure. 

Regards,  
Sivaraman 

FR FrozDark replied to Sivaraman Sivagurunathan December 20, 2018 04:07 PM UTC

Hi,  

Thanks for using Syncfusion component.  

We have checked your query and prepare the sample based on your requirement. But the issue does not reproduce the issue from our side. we have attached the sample for your reference. You can download the same from the below link. If the issue still persist from your side, modified the sample and revert us with clear replication procedure. 

Regards,  
Sivaraman 

It would happen if you try to bind to DataSource.DisplayItems from syncfusion components (maybe it also would happen if you bind it to any IEnumerable object not an instance of IList)

FR FrozDark December 21, 2018 04:39 AM UTC

Now I figured out that it only happens with DataSource.DisplayItems. Maybe because it's readonly property I think

VR Vigneshkumar Ramasamy Syncfusion Team December 21, 2018 12:56 PM UTC

Dear Customer,  

We have checked your query and we have notice that you are using DataSource to set the ItemSource for SfDataGrid. SfDataGrid operation are depends upon the Syncfusion,Xamarin.Data.portable. So we not recommend to set the DataSource as ItemSource for SfDataGrid. Also refer the UG link.  

Regards,   
Vigneshkumar R 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon