We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Is it possible to create new barcode node ?

Dear,

I want to create a barcode software base on Syncfusion Diagram (Winfoms). I just download a trial version for evaluation. Is it possible to create new barcode node ?
Can you point me some hints to create a new barcode node base on Node object of Diagram ? So that i can change and save properties of barcode object (for example value, type, ....).

Thank in advance,

9 Replies

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team December 17, 2018 09:04 AM UTC

Hi Hoa,  

We have created a simple sample to show or host the barcode in Node. We can host any UIelement as content of ControlNode. Please find the sample from the below link. 

For more details about bar code, please find the barcode documentation as below. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

HH hoa hong December 18, 2018 01:32 AM UTC

Dear Ramya,

Thank you so much for fast reply.

The sample you sent me, i can not edit barcode properties for example Text value, BarcodeSymbolType, BarcodeTextAlignment...
In the question i asked, I mean, I have built a barcode generation library (multiple barcode types) and want to use this library with your Diagram. I want to create a Barcode Node (like BitmapTool) base Node object (can edit and save properties like barcode type, barcode text...) but i do not know ho to get started. Which functions should i override ? How to re-generate barcode while drawing by mouse (drawing mode) ? How to re-generate barcode while resizing by mouse (editing mode) ? How to generate barcode when changing Text value? Which event do i should use to implement the task ?

It it possible to implement that tasks with your Diagram component ?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you,

Best regards,

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team December 18, 2018 05:13 AM UTC

Hi Hoa, 

Please find the response to your queries as below. 

S. No 
Requirement 
Response 
I want to create a Barcode Node (like BitmapTool) base Node object (can edit and save properties like barcode type, barcode text...) but i do not know ho to get started. Which functions should i override ? How to re-generate barcode while drawing by mouse (drawing mode) ?  
We have support for bitmapNode. This node will be helpful if your requirement is to host barcode image after updating the properties of bar code. 

We can also create a simple sample based on your confirmation on the requirement. 
How to re-generate barcode while resizing by mouse (editing mode) ? How to generate barcode when changing Text value? Which event do i should use to implement the task ? 
We have event to notify the Node resizing, dragging and rotating. Please find the help documentation link as below. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

HH hoa hong replied to Ramya Thirugnanam December 19, 2018 05:49 AM UTC

Hi Hoa, 

Please find the response to your queries as below. 

S. No 
Requirement 
Response 
I want to create a Barcode Node (like BitmapTool) base Node object (can edit and save properties like barcode type, barcode text...) but i do not know ho to get started. Which functions should i override ? How to re-generate barcode while drawing by mouse (drawing mode) ?  
We have support for bitmapNode. This node will be helpful if your requirement is to host barcode image after updating the properties of bar code. 

We can also create a simple sample based on your confirmation on the requirement. 
How to re-generate barcode while resizing by mouse (editing mode) ? How to generate barcode when changing Text value? Which event do i should use to implement the task ? 
We have event to notify the Node resizing, dragging and rotating. Please find the help documentation link as below. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

Dear Ramya,

Thank you so much for the great support.

Yes, i do need your help to create a sample for a BarcodeNode so that i can handle with Barcode in generating Barcode in drawing and editing events,  hosting barcode image after updating the properties of bar code...

I'm looking forward to hearing from you,

Best regards,

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team December 19, 2018 11:15 AM UTC

Hi Hoa, 

We have created a sample to represent to host an image in BitmapNode and to draw a Bitmap node with image. Please find the sample from the below link. 

We have support for SizeChanged, Pinpointchanged and LabelsChanged event to notify the changes in Node and label. These events will help to update the image or properties of Node(barcode image).  
Regards 
Ramya T 

HH hoa hong December 25, 2018 08:55 PM UTC

Dear Ramya,

I'm sorry because of replying you late.
Thank you so much for the sample.

In your sample, Is it possible to create new image for the Bitmap node when it is resize by mouse? Because i want to re-generate barcode image with new rectangle bound.

Best regards,

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team December 26, 2018 05:17 AM UTC

Hi Hoa, 

We have created a sample to change or update  the image when resizing the Bitmap node. Please find the sample from the below link. 

We have used SizeChanged event to update the image. Please find the event details as below. 

Code example: 
private void EventSink_SizeChanged(SizeChangedEventArgs evtArgs)
        {
            Bitmap image = new Bitmap("..//..//male.jpg");
            (evtArgs.NodeAffected as BitmapNode).Image = image;
        } 

Regards 
Ramya T 

HH hoa hong January 4, 2019 01:01 AM UTC

Hi Ramya,

Thank you so much but the sample you created is not my expected.

Best regards,
Bye,

RT Ramya Thirugnanam Syncfusion Team January 4, 2019 04:41 AM UTC

Hi  Hoa, 

1.      Host image to BitmapNode 
2.      Update or change the image If any changes in Node size using SizeChanged event. 

We have represented the above requirements(from the query) in our previously shared sample. Could please provide us screenshot or video to represent your requirement? This will help us to provide you the appropriate solution at earliest. 

Regards, 
Ramya T 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon