We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

SfCombobox Not Appearing on a SfTabView Page In FreshMVVM Project

Hi,
I am developing an Android app using Xamarin.Forms v3.4.0.1008975 and SyncFusion v16.3.0.36. It implements MVVM using FreshMVVM v2.2.4.

I was designing a settings page which used a TableView and decided I wanted to add an SfCombobox which is not supported by TableView, so I added a SfTabView so I could have a tabbed page with non-TableView compatible views on it. However I find that although space is allocated within the containing StackLayout, the SfCombobox is not showing.

After having spent a significant part of my day playing around with it and not getting anywhere, I decided I needed to post here and so spent further time developing a simple application to demonstrate the problem. I found that when the SfCombobox was the only content in the SfTabItem that a) The combo appeared in the Xamarin.Forms Previewer ok b) The combox appeared ok in my application at runtime.

Since my real applicaiton needed more controls on the same page, I then changed the SfTabItem to contain a StackLayout (also tried a Grid), which then contained my SfCombobox as well as a couple of labels. I then found that a) The SfCombobox no longer displayed in the previewer (liveable with but annoying - any idea why?)  b) The combo did still show at runtime. So this app to demonstrate the problem, did not.

So I then created an alternate version of the application using FreshMVVM as per my real application. I then find a) It also does not display in the previewer b) It no longer displays at runtime. So it would seem the inclusion of using FreshMVVM is affecting my use of the combo within the SfTabView. As I understand it, when using FreshMVVM the page model is created, then the page, and the two are bound, as opposed to the page being created first when not using FreshMVVM.

I have attached this application that demonstrates my problem to this thread. Are you able to confirm you see the same effects, and are you able to either identify any bugs (my code or yours), or suggest any workarounds?

As it is, it look like I will have to resort to using a Picker rather than my preferred SfCombobox, but I don't like the amount of screen space this take sup when picking.

Thanks

Paul P

Attachment: SfComboOnTabViewMVVM_94a2be5a.zip

13 Replies

PP Paul Parkins December 18, 2018 09:47 AM UTC

Any input on this? Can somebody at Syncfusion please acknowledge having at least seen this thread?
Thanks

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team December 18, 2018 12:07 PM UTC

Hi Paul Parkins, 

Sorry for the inconvenience.  

Query: “SfCombobox Not Appearing on a SfTabView Page In FreshMVVM Project” 

We have analyzed the reported issue and we are able to reproduce the issue. We have logged a bug report for this issue. You can keep track of the bug from the feedback portal below. 

The fix will be available in our upcoming Volume 4 SP1 release which is scheduled to be rolled out in the end of January 2019. 

If you have any more specification/precise replication procedure or a scenario to be tested you can add it as a comment in the portal. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

GU Gustav December 31, 2018 04:54 PM UTC

Hi I am having a similar issue.
I am using Xamarin.Forms with a tabbed view and ReativeUI.
On 16.3.0.36 4 sfComboboxes show up perfectly on a tabbed page. When I upgraded to 16.4.0.44 The combobox no longer appears - the background color for the box however shows where it should have been.
On iOS it works perfectly - it just seems to be an issue with Android - I have tried SDK 25 thru 27 with the same result on all. 

DR Dhanasekar R Syncfusion Team January 2, 2019 10:04 AM UTC

Hi Gustav, 

Thanks for the update.  

As we have mentioned in our previous update, the fix will be available in our upcoming Volume 4 SP1 release which is scheduled to be rolled out in the end of January 2019.  

Regards,  
Dhanasekar 

MA Majid February 10, 2019 01:39 PM UTC

Same problem here

DR Dhanasekar R Syncfusion Team February 11, 2019 10:32 AM UTC

Hi Majid,  

Thanks for the update.   

We have fixed the issue “SfCombobox Not Appearing on a SfTabView Page In FreshMVVM Project” and included in our Volume 4 SP1 release (16.4.0.52) version and this is available for download under the following link.     

Regards,   
Dhanasekar  

PP Paul Parkins February 12, 2019 01:17 PM UTC

I can confirm that this issue appears to be fixed when used with the sample application I provided.
Thankyou.

Paul

PP Paul Parkins February 12, 2019 01:39 PM UTC

But unfortunately not in my actual application :(

I'm not currently on this project and tested it in my lunch hour so I will have to leave it for now

MS Mugundhan Saravanan Syncfusion Team February 14, 2019 03:21 PM UTC

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your update.

Could you please provide more details about your actual application which will be helpful to proceed further. We will wait until hear from you.

Regards,
Mugundhan S.

PP Paul Parkins February 14, 2019 03:27 PM UTC

Happy to, but what types of details are you looking for, and detailed to what level? What it does, how it's structured, what Nuget packages are used?
I'd be happy to send you the actual xaml page and supporting page model in a non-public forum if you wish?

Paul

DR Dhanasekar R Syncfusion Team February 19, 2019 12:17 PM UTC

Hi Paul,

We have created a separate incident for further follow up's about this under your Direct-trac login account. 

https://www.syncfusion.com/Account/Logon?ReturnUrl=/support/directtrac  

Regards, 
Dhanasekar 

PP Paul Parkins February 22, 2019 02:17 PM UTC

Hi,
As previously stated v16..4.0.52 did not fix the problem. In fact when updated all my SF components to this version, it all went weird. Although the combobox did display, when I selected it, it made the containing SfTabView seemingly switch tabs, without updating the tab selected.

So I spent a few hours last night stripping down my actual application to a minimal version that still demonstrated the problem. However once I had done all that, I found v16.4.0.54 has been released. I tried that, and the issue does not seem to be fixed (including not causing the weirdness). So I guess you no longer need my sample application.

During my experimentation I did find something out though which you (or other interested readers) might find useful to know.......

Within my App.xml.cs file I was setting my app's MainPage to be a navigator containing my own page which I consider to be the "main page" (as per FreshMvvm guidelines). It is from this main page that the user can launch my settings page which contained the SfComboBox with the problem

var mainpage = FreshMvvm.FreshPageModelResolver.ResolvePageModel<MainMenuPageModel>();
            var nav = new FreshMvvm.FreshNavigationContainer(mainpage)
            {
                BarBackgroundColor = (Xamarin.Forms.Color)Application.Current.Resources["playsafe_bluegrey"]
            };
            MainPage = nav;

But I found that if I did not use the navigator, then I did not have the problem anymore

MainPage = FreshMvvm.FreshPageModelResolver.ResolvePageModel<MainMenuPageModel>();

So in some way it seems the combobox was being affected by the user of the FreshNavigationContainer.

So with v16.4.0.54 the problem appears to be resolved. 
Thanks for you help

Paul

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team February 27, 2019 03:43 AM UTC

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the update. We are glad that the issue has been resolved at your end.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon