We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

AllowGrouping hangs when record count is large

Hi Team,

I am new to EJS and have added EJS grid in my project and works fine. when i give AllowGrouping True for record (less than 800) grouping works fine. 

When the record count is large (say 1500)  and when try to drag  and drop the column in the header for grouping the page got hanged.

col.Field("ILOOKUP_AKS").HeaderText("ILOOKUP AKS").TextAlign(Syncfusion.EJ2.Grids.TextAlign.Left).Add();

).AllowMultiSorting(true).PageSettings(page => page.PageSizes(new List<object>() { 5, 10,15,20,25,30 })).AllowTextWrap(true).AllowPaging(false).AllowExcelExport(true).AllowResizing(true).Height("400").AllowExcelExport().ToolbarClick("toolbarClick").Toolbar(new List<string>() { "ExcelExport" }).FilterSettings(filter => { filter.Type(Syncfusion.EJ2.Grids.FilterType.Excel); }).AllowGrouping(true).FrozenColumns(3).Render()

7 Replies

NI Nivas replied to Nivas November 27, 2018 08:29 AM UTC

Hi Team,

I am new to EJS and have added EJS grid in my project and works fine. when i give AllowGrouping True for record (less than 800) grouping works fine. 

When the record count is large (say 1500)  and when try to drag  and drop the column in the header for grouping the page got hanged.

col.Field("ILOOKUP_AKS").HeaderText("ILOOKUP AKS").TextAlign(Syncfusion.EJ2.Grids.TextAlign.Left).Add();

).AllowMultiSorting(true).PageSettings(page => page.PageSizes(new List<object>() { 5, 10,15,20,25,30 })).AllowTextWrap(true).AllowPaging(false).AllowExcelExport(true).AllowResizing(true).Height("400").AllowExcelExport().ToolbarClick("toolbarClick").Toolbar(new List<string>() { "ExcelExport" }).FilterSettings(filter => { filter.Type(Syncfusion.EJ2.Grids.FilterType.Excel); }).AllowGrouping(true).FrozenColumns(3).Render()

attache the screenshot

NI Nivas replied to Nivas November 27, 2018 08:30 AM UTC

Hi Team,

attache the screenshot

TS Thavasianand Sankaranarayanan Syncfusion Team November 28, 2018 08:59 AM UTC

Hi Nivas, 

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

We have validated the provided information. In your sample, you are enable both grouping and frozen columns in Grid. We have limitations in frozen rows and columns feature in Grid. Grouping is one of the limitation so we suggest you to use either frozen rows and columns or grouping in your sample. Please refer the help documentation link for more information.  

1. Grouping
  2. Row Template
  3. Detail Template
  4. Hierarchy Grid

Regards, 
Thavasianand S. 

NI Nivas November 28, 2018 09:38 AM UTC

Thanks for update.

Could not able to open the link...

made frozen , paging to false and still getting hang when record is large.

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team November 29, 2018 12:46 PM UTC

Hi Nivas, 

Thanks for your update. 

Query : made frozen , paging to false and still getting hang when record is large. 

By default, we are rendering Grid based on the cells. While using large amount of data (For example 1,500 * 5) it may take time to render the cells(7,500) to DOM element so that it cause the reported problem. 

We suggest you to load the data on demand basis and you can do so by enabling the paging for the better performance (while using large amount of data) 

Query : Could not able to open the link...   

Can you please clear the browser cache and then try to open the link it might resolve your problem. 

Regards, 
Madhu Sudhanan P 

NI Nivas November 30, 2018 08:42 AM UTC

Thanks  for the update and close the thread.

MS Madhu Sudhanan P Syncfusion Team November 30, 2018 09:03 AM UTC

Hi Nivas, 
Thanks for the update.  
Regards, 
Madhu Sudhanan P 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon