We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Error MCG0024 in Xamarin Forms UWP Project on release mode build

See: Error MCG0024 in .NET Stardard Forms UWP Project.

https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=58485 , the bugzilla report states the solution is talking to the Syncfusion support team to fix or going back to xf 2.3.4.247

However, I can't go back to xf 2.3.4.247  because only the current XF release solves this issue described here:

NullReferenceException: Platform.UWP.ImageRenderer.UpdateAspect()

https://forums.xamarin.com/discussion/comment/299737, fix requires xf 2.4.0.282

Also with 2.3.4.247  my images do not show in the Listview GridLayout, in release mode.

I have the latest Syncfusion ListView installed,  15.3.0.33. Please help! I can not deploy a submission to store with this bug. It is a show stopper for me.

11 Replies

MK Muthu Kumaran Gnanavinayagam Syncfusion Team October 5, 2017 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Russ,   

We have checked the reported query “GridLayout images are not rendered in UWP platform in release mode” from our side. We would like to let you know that the reported issue occurs due to Xamarin framework problem. Please refer the below Bugzilla link to know more details.   

You can resolve the issue by using one of the overloads for ImageSource.FromResource that takes in the SourceAssembly or SourceType like below code example.   

ImageSource.FromResource("[PCLName].[FolderName].[EmbeddedResourceImage]",typeof(App));   

For your assistance, we have attached the working sample link below.   

Please let us know if you require further assistance.   

Regards,   
G.Muthu Kumaran.  

RF Russ Fustino October 6, 2017 05:53 AM UTC

Thanks, that helped on getting the images in release mode, but did not solve my dilemma. I reverted back to 2.3.4.270 and even 2.3.4.247. I am getting a release runtime error... in SharedStubs.g.cs when I go back and forth between my detail page and my ListView page, especially if I navigate back from the detail page to the ListViewPage and the images have not downloaded from the web on the detail page. I also have some embedded images on that page too, and I applied the ,Typeof(App) suggestion too. In debug, the error bubbles up to App.g.i.cs .

In debug mode, I get this error:

Exception = {System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.UWP.ImageRenderer.UpdateAspect()
   at Xamarin.Forms.Platform.UWP.ImageRenderer.<OnElementChanged>d__3.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace fr...

In release mode, I get this error:

Unhandled exception at 0x06E17A98 (Windows.UI.Xaml.dll) in JethroTullX.UWP.exe: 0xC000027B: An application-internal exception has occurred (parameters: 0x12FC17F0, 0x00000006). occurred

I believe I need to get a version of Syncfusion that works with 2.4.0.282. Then, everything will work.

FormsDatePicker class for WinRT/UWP is removed in Xamarin forms at some point. 2.3.4.something. Here is the bug that needs fixing by Syncfusion according to Xamarin... https://bugzilla.xamarin.com/show_bug.cgi?id=58485

I can not deploy a submission to store with this bug. It is a show stopper for me.. ETA on this fix ?

DB Dinesh Babu Yadav Syncfusion Team October 9, 2017 09:13 AM UTC

Hi Russ, 

Sorry for the inconvenience. 

Query 
Response 
Null reference exception throws while rendering the image in UWP platform 
As reported to bugzilla team, the isssue will occur in the Xamarin Forms version 2.3.4.270 too. However, it has been resolved in latest stable version 2.4.0.282 by Xamarin team. So, you can resolve this error by upgrading the Xamarin Forms version to latest stable version 2.4.0.282 in your application.  

Also, you can overcome the issue with “GridLayout images are not rendered in UWP platform in release mode” by using the provided code example in the previous update. 

We hope that SfListView will work in latest version 2.4.0.282 without any issues. If you are facing any problem with SfListView in latest Xamarin version, please let us know the details. 

Issue with DatePicker in SfDataGrid 
A support incident has been created under your account to track the status of the reported query. Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.    

Please let us know if you require further assistance. 

Regards, 
Dinesh Babu Yadav 

WA walabi October 19, 2017 08:29 PM UTC

When is going to be fixed the "Issue with DatePicker in SfDataGrid "?? I can't deploy because this error.

MK Muthu Kumaran Gnanavinayagam Syncfusion Team October 20, 2017 07:07 AM UTC

Hi walabi,

We have provide the support for Xamarin.Forms stable version only. Xamarin.Forms v2.4 stable release will be released after we freeze our 2017 Vol 3 SP 2 release, so we didn’t support Xamarin.Forms v2.4 in this release. Also our SfDataGrid control will support many columns type so we have used customized view in our source.   

For SfDatePickerRenderer we have derived from DatePickerRenderer class in Xamarin.Forms.UWP platform and DatePickerRenderer was derived fromFormsDatePicker but now it was derived from Windows.UI.Xaml.Controls.DatePicker in Xamarin.Forms, so the reported issue was reproduced. This issue has been resolved while we upgrade our product Xamarin.Froms version to current version (v2.4.0.280).   

Currently we are testing our Syncfusion controls with Xamarin.Forms v2.4.0.280 stable version and we are focusing to release our Syncfusion controls with support Xamarin.Forms v2.4.0.280 in our upcoming 2017 Vol 4 main release, which will be schedule for rolls out first week of November, 2017. We appreciate your patience until then.   

Regards, 
G.Muthu Kumaran. 

WA walabi October 20, 2017 10:49 PM UTC

Thank you very much for the reply, i'll wait for the update.

MK Muthu Kumaran Gnanavinayagam Syncfusion Team October 23, 2017 04:02 AM UTC

Hi walabi, 

Thanks for the update. 

Regards, 
G.Muthu Kumaran. 

NI Nicolai replied to Muthu Kumaran Gnanavinayagam November 10, 2017 10:36 AM UTC

Hi walabi, 

Thanks for the update. 

Regards, 
G.Muthu Kumaran. 

Hello,

any news on when service release 4 is coming out for xamarin forms? I also have release build problem because of FormsDatePicker

Regards

MK Muthu Kumaran Gnanavinayagam Syncfusion Team November 13, 2017 08:52 PM UTC

Hi Schönberg, 

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio Volume 4, 2017 (Version 15.4.0.17) is rolled out and is available for download under the following link. 

We have updated our source to stable version of Xamarin.Forms (v2.4.0.280) along with android support libraries (v25.4.0.2) and included in this release. We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance. 

Regards, 
G. Muthu Kumaran. 

RF Russ Fustino November 17, 2017 04:35 PM UTC

We can close this thread! Thanks for the online session with support. Much appreciated. We determined that we needed to apply an update to another third party control (Mr. Gestures version 1.5) which apparently used the older version of Xamarin Forms and the cause of the problem with the dateTimepicker error message, with it's prior version  (1.4.2.2). THANKS! I owe you a blog article on how great the support has been and what a great set of products Syncfusion has, in particular the Listview and using the Grid Layout! 

MK Muthu Kumaran Gnanavinayagam Syncfusion Team November 20, 2017 08:55 AM UTC

Hi Russ, 

Thanks for the valuable feedback. If you have any other concerns, please open a new support incident in your Direct-Trac account. As always, we will be happy to assist you. 

Regards, 
G.Muthu Kumaran. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon