We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Problem with positioning of the datetime control in the sample project

Hi,

I came across this sample application How to achieve DateTimePicker using SfPicker in Xamarin Forms

I was able to run this  application in my Android device. But i faced an issue with the positioning of the control. The calender is at the lower right corner of the screen. Tapping the ok and cancel button does not dismiss the control.

Screen shot is attached.

And when i ran the same application for iOS the datetime picker never shows. clicking the button does not trigger the event.

And when installing the pkg file for Syncfusion Essential Xamarin it did not prompt for the license key. Is the license key embedded in the package.

Kindly help to fix the issue on both Android as well as iOS.  I need this control because the default Date and Time picker controls in iOS does not give the selected date.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Attachment: SFDateTimePicker_af481f01.rar

6 Replies

ET Eswaran Thirugnanasambandam Syncfusion Team September 29, 2017 01:08 PM UTC

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

Query 1: “Issue in positioning the control”

We can reproduce the issue "picker is visible at the right buttom" from our side which is a known issue and we have fixed this issue already. This fix is included in our Volume 3 Service pack 2. Please download the Volume 3 Service pack 2 from the below link.

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/132941/essential-studio-2017-volume-3-service-pack-release-v15-3-0-33-available-for-download  

Query 2: “In iOS, the picker is not visible”

Please check our UG Link which provides the detailed information to display the SfPicker in iOS

Link: https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/sfpicker/gettingstarted#ios  

Or please add the below code in the FinishedLaunching method which will be available in the AppDelegate.cs file.

SfPickerRenderer.Init();

We have also prepared a simple sample using SfPicker Control in xamarin forms. Please find the sample from the below link:

Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/132913/ze/SfDateTimePicker-1156583892  

Query 3: “Is the license key embedded in the package”

It is not required to register the unlock key for our Mac setups. You can use the Syncfusion Mac installer for your developing purposes without registering the Unlock key.

Please let us know if you have any other query.

Regards,
Eswaran AT. 

RA Rajesh October 2, 2017 04:57 AM UTC

Hi Eswaran,

Thanks for the answer and it helped to solve the problem.

Regards,

Rajesh

RA Rajesh replied to Rajesh October 2, 2017 06:20 AM UTC

Hi Eswaran,

Regards,

Rajesh

Hi Eswaran,

I have a few doubts

How can i display the picker as an entry control or label or the default layout itself (as seen in the attachment) and on tapping, it displays the calendar and selecting ok displays the date in it.

How can the date and time be extracted separately and displayed without showing the calendar or saving the values in variables to be saved in SQLite database.

Can you please explain how to extract the date and time in particular formats from the calendar control.

Regards,

Rajesh

Attachment: Seperate_Date_Time_e0244014.rar

ET Eswaran Thirugnanasambandam Syncfusion Team October 3, 2017 02:09 PM UTC

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your your update.

Query 1: How can i display the picker as an entry control or label

Based on your requirement we have prepared a sample in sfpicker control in xamarin forms. In the attached sample we will display the SfPicker control while clicking the entry control. Please find the sample from the below link.

Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/132913/ze/picker132913-1636883341  

Query 2: How can the date and time be extracted separately and displayed without showing the calendar and Can you please explain how to extract the date and time in particular formats from the calendar control.

We can extract the date and time seperately in a particular format from the SfPicker control. In the above attached sample we have seperately extracted the date and time and displayed it in the entry. So please refer the above sample.

Regards,

Eswaran AT. 

RA Rajesh replied to Eswaran Thirugnanasambandam October 3, 2017 04:14 PM UTC

Hi Rajesh,

Thanks for your your update.

Query 1: How can i display the picker as an entry control or label

Based on your requirement we have prepared a sample in sfpicker control in xamarin forms. In the attached sample we will display the SfPicker control while clicking the entry control. Please find the sample from the below link.

Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/132913/ze/picker132913-1636883341  

Query 2: How can the date and time be extracted separately and displayed without showing the calendar and Can you please explain how to extract the date and time in particular formats from the calendar control.

We can extract the date and time seperately in a particular format from the SfPicker control. In the above attached sample we have seperately extracted the date and time and displayed it in the entry. So please refer the above sample.

Regards,

Eswaran AT. 

Hi Eswaran,

Thanks a lot for the sample and explanation. This is how i wanted to use the SFPicker along with the Date and Time control.

Unfortunately, I ran into a display issue when running the sample project on Mac.

The alignment of the popup date and time is in the top right corner and the buttons are not visible. But it works fine in Android. I am attaching the screen shots of both the platforms.

Please help in fixing the display of the date and time controls in iOS platform.

Thanks,

Rajesh.

Attachment: MisAlignment_iOSDatePicker_33fc17e8.rar

ET Eswaran Thirugnanasambandam Syncfusion Team October 4, 2017 07:14 PM UTC

Hi Rajesh 

Thanks for your update. 

In Xamarin Forms.iOS, by default if we add the SfPicker in Dialog mode it will get added as a child in the provided layout. We have to either initialize the Picker to the Parent layout say a Grid as a Parent or we have to have a parent layout and assign that to the SfPicker’s Parent API. Please have the modified sample from the below link. 

Please let us know if you have any other query. 

Regards, 

Eswaran AT. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon