We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Image save location

Hello,

Is there any way to change the location where ImageEditor saves the image? 
Currently, as a workaround, I can access the location in ImageSaved, copy it to the location where I want it to be and then delete the second copy. 
But on iOS, the delete requires the user to allow it in a confirmation dialog which might be confusing..

Andreas

5 Replies

AK Ashwin Kumaravel Syncfusion Team August 25, 2017 03:43 AM UTC

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your patience.

We have prepared the sample to save the saved image to a different folder. Please download the sample from the below location:

Sample Link- http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/132294/ze/ImageEditor_GettingStarted-2140060901   

In the sample, we have obtained the saved image and saved to a different location using the Save method available in ImageSaveDependencyService in the AppDelegate class.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Ashwin

AN Andreas August 25, 2017 12:37 PM UTC

Hello,

Many thanks for the reply, however, this code still leaves a copy of the image in the gallery that can't be removed without user confirmation on iOS (using PHAssetChangeRequest). 

EDIT: I've found a workaround for this, canceling the save in ImageSaving and then saving it in my own code using the stream from ImageEditor.GetStream().

Andreas

AK Ashwin Kumaravel Syncfusion Team August 26, 2017 10:13 AM UTC

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the update,

We have validated your query and it can be achieved by setting args.Cancel =true inside the ImageSaving Event.Can you please refer the following code snippet for better understanding?

Code Snippet-

SfImageEditor m_imageEditor = new SfImageEditor();
Stream tempStream;
m_imageEditor.ImageSaving += (sender, args) => {
tempStream=args.Stream;
args.Cancel=true;
};

Please get back us if you have any concern.

Regards,
Ashwin

MT Mobile Team replied to Ashwin Kumaravel November 16, 2017 03:34 PM UTC

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your patience.

We have prepared the sample to save the saved image to a different folder. Please download the sample from the below location:

Sample Link- http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/132294/ze/ImageEditor_GettingStarted-2140060901   

In the sample, we have obtained the saved image and saved to a different location using the Save method available in ImageSaveDependencyService in the AppDelegate class.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards,
Ashwin

First off, I like the idea of the SfImageEditor control. So well done there. I guess it's interoperability I question.

I'm slightly worried as we're about to purchase Syncfusion suite specifically for Xamarin and I clearly see the updated example created in August 2017,  SfImageEditor's SaveImage ImageSavingEventArgs.Location uses the AssetsLibrary, a library depreciated as of iOS 9.0, announced the 8th June 2015. 

I'm worried that Syncfusion don't update controls to comply with newer platforms.

This is already on top of the fact that the SfImageEditor is not very MVVM friendly. It only exposes two bindable objects. The ImageSaving and ImageSaved events are not bindable.

And this is a control which is still in preview?!!

https://developer.apple.com/documentation/assetslibrary

AK Ashwin Kumaravel Syncfusion Team November 21, 2017 11:05 AM UTC

Hi Mark,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products,

Sorry for using the depreciated Api AssetsLibrary for ImageSaving Event and we have logged defect report “Image Saving Event used deprecated Api AssetsLibrary in SfImageEditor” at our end. A support incident to track the status of this defect has been created under your account.

Please log on to our support website to check for further updates.

https://www.syncfusion.com/account/login?ReturnUrl=%2fsupport%2fdirecttrac%2fincidents/  

Regards,
Ashwin

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon