We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Essential Studio Sample Browser has stopped working

Hi,
I am on Windows 10 x64 Insider (slow ring) 15048 and the Sample Browser does not seem to be working anymore.
Is there a workaround to this by any chance?
thanks for the help,
regards
N

5 Replies

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team March 15, 2017 12:24 PM UTC

Hi Nick, 

Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. 

We have analyzed your scenario. We suspect that the reported issue may occur if samples are not shipped properly in installed location, 

Please refer to the below KB to resolve this scenario, 

If the issue still exists, please uninstall the build and again re-install the build in proper location and please provide us with the below details,  

·         Provide the details(callstack) of issue or exception thrown. 
·         Provide the build version details that you have installed. 
·         Ensure whether two or more Syncfusion version assemblies are installed in GAC.  
·         Provide us the assembly version of InstallInfoLibrary.dll in GAC.  

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj

NM Nick Mesisca March 15, 2017 01:36 PM UTC

HI again,
yeah I did see that article before but checked on the locations on my hard drive and all seems to be there..
Furthermore, even the Sample Browser of the previous version of Essential Studio (.33) has stopped working after updating Windows 10 to 15048, so I dont think the issue is the same.
The version of InstallInfoLibrary.dll in the GAC is 15.1.0.37.
Both 15.1.0.37 and 15.1.0.33 are installed on the system.
Also, I can Explore the samples with no problems. I just cannot seem to run any of them from the Run Offline button in the Dashboard.

thank you for your help,
regards
Nick

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team March 16, 2017 12:27 PM UTC

Hi Nick, 

Thanks for the update. 

We have analyzed your scenario.  The reported scenario could be occurred when proper assemblies (15.1.0.33) are not installed in GAC. We suspect that, you have removed the assemblies of 15.1.0.33 from GAC when install the 15.1.0.37 build in your system. So that the 15.1.0.33 build dashboard samples are not working. This is not a defect. If you want to launch the browser samples of 15.1.0.33, install the required framework(i.e. V4.0,V4.5,etc)  assemblies in GAC as shown in below image.   

Please refer to the below UG for installing the assemblies in GAC, 

Also if you want to check whether the (15.1.0.33) build assemblies are installed in GAC or not, please refer the below location of GAC assemblies and ensure which version assemblies are installed.   
GAC location:   
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL\<AssemblyName>   

If still the issue exists, please provide the below details,   

·         Confirm us whether the 15.1.0.37 build browser sample is working or not. If not, ensure the 15.1.0.37 assemblies are installed in GAC location.   

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj 

NM Nick Mesisca March 17, 2017 03:26 PM UTC

Hello again,
you were correct in that 15.0.1.33 was not installed in the GAC anymore. I have now solved this by doing  reinstall.
Thank you very much for the help,

regards
Nick

PM Piruthiviraj Malaimelraj Syncfusion Team March 20, 2017 05:48 AM UTC

Hi Nick, 

Thanks for the update. 

We are glad to hear that the provided solution is resolved your scenario. Please let us know if you have any other queries. 

Regards, 
Piruthiviraj 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon