We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Floating Label

Hi There 
Is there an option to achieve  the floating label for all kinds of editor like select box, textboxes etc.

3 Replies

AP Arun Palaniyandi Syncfusion Team February 3, 2017 11:48 AM UTC

Hi Vengatramanan,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

Yes, there is an option to add floating labels for all our editor controls. By default, our control does not have floating label support, but we can customize our controls to provide this floating label. For now, we have provided floating label for our Autocomplete control for demo purpose below.   

In this Autocomplete, we have created a label on the Autocomplete create event and inserted it before the Autocomplete element. Then on the change event, we have added a class to display it on the top of the control. Then finally used the focusOut event to remove the class form the label.   

If this shared sample isn’t your scenario, please let us know further details with the expected behavior on how you want the floating labels so that we can provide you an appropriate solution.   

Regards,   
Arun P.   

VE Vengatramanan replied to Arun Palaniyandi February 3, 2017 01:54 PM UTC

Hi Vengatramanan,   

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.   

Yes, there is an option to add floating labels for all our editor controls. By default, our control does not have floating label support, but we can customize our controls to provide this floating label. For now, we have provided floating label for our Autocomplete control for demo purpose below.   

In this Autocomplete, we have created a label on the Autocomplete create event and inserted it before the Autocomplete element. Then on the change event, we have added a class to display it on the top of the control. Then finally used the focusOut event to remove the class form the label.   

If this shared sample isn’t your scenario, please let us know further details with the expected behavior on how you want the floating labels so that we can provide you an appropriate solution.   

Regards,   
Arun P.   

The Demo link is not working for me i cant be able to see the elements perfectly and also i would like to know is there an default text box control in tag helper for .net core.

AP Arun Palaniyandi Syncfusion Team February 6, 2017 12:21 PM UTC

Hi Vengatramanan,    

Thanks for your update.    

Query1:” The Demo link is not working for me i can’t be able to see the elements perfectly 

We have checked our shared link and it is working correctly. However, we have now modified the previously shared sample to ASP.NET core and attached here for your convenience. 

Query2:” also i would like to know is there an default text box control in tag helper for .net core. ” 

Yes, there is default text box with the tag helper for ASP.NET core. Please add the tag helper for the simple text box like below. 

<input asp-for="Search" /> 

You can also get more references from the below links: 

Please let us know if you have any more queries.      

Regards,     
Arun P.  

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon