My project consists of the following pages
Home Page with menu items to navigate to various other pages
6 pages for a workflow scenario one after the other, navigate from the first page to the sixth page and back
Multiple popus in some of the pages.
Hence I have 10 pages in all.
The way I want the Busy Indicator to show are the following scenarios.
1. After tapping the login button on the Login Page.
2. Navigating from the Login Page to the Signature Page to the Home Page
3. Any menu item in the Home page to the workflow scenario and back.
4. Whenever calling the popup windows from a button on some of the pages and closing them.
5. Opening the settings page from the login page.
6. Navigating through the pages and back in the workflow scenario.
Please note that I am not using Navigation drawer type but just independent forms that uses this code await this.Navigation.PushModalAsync(new Page()); for each navigation. Only one page is visible at a time.
It doesn't have to be a single instance of the SFBusyIndicator but it is ok if we have to create them in every page and set the properties via code.
I used this for example in my page SignaturePage but it did not work as expected.
And in the code behind for the btnNext_Clicked event
private async void btn_Next_Clicked(Object sender, EventArgs e)
busyindicator.IsBusy = true;
//code that saves the signature as an array of bytes
//code that saves the information to db and so on
busyindicator.IsBusy = false;
This is an example that I used in one of the page but it did not work as expected.
I want to use this mechanism through out the entire application with the same style which gives a hint to the user that the application is working so that they dont have to tap the buttons multiple times.
Please let me know if this information was helpful.