We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

BusyIndicator in the middle of screen

Hi Guys,
i want to know if you can provide me a piece of code how to overlay the BusyIndicator on the screen while a method has l long running task.
Thank you in advance!

7 Replies

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team April 14, 2016 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Valentin,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

Query: How to overlay the BusyIndicator

Using the IsBusy property, your requirement can be achieved. While starting the process BusyIndicator can be overlaid by setting the IsBusy to "True" and on the process completion it is needed to set the IsBusy property to "False". Please refer the below code example and we have also created a simple sample for starting and closing the BusyIndicator which is available in link followed by the code example.

Code:

Busy.IsBusy = false; //To stop the process.

Busy.IsBusy = true; //To Start the process.

Sample Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/123709/ze/BusyIndicator-1436387409

Regards,
Hemalatha M.R

JR Jassim Rahma December 4, 2017 06:48 PM UTC

VA Vinnalan Aravazhi Syncfusion Team December 7, 2017 06:12 AM UTC

Hi Jassim Rahma,

Thanks for the update.

We have checked the reported requirement "BusyIndicator in the middle of screen" from our side and we have created the sample which satisfy your requirement. In this sample we placed BusyIndicator in the middle of the screen by using grid. Please find the sample from the below link.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/123709/ze/F123709-1277775830 

Regards,
Vinnalan K A.

TC Tamas Cons June 18, 2018 10:27 AM UTC

Hi.We are interested in a similar solution like this. 
Query: have a busy indicator that shows up in the middle of the page,the background becomes blurry,controls cannot be interacted with,busy indicator will go away when long running operation finishes/when we enable it from code(user cannot dismiss it).It could have an icon and a label as content.This would behave and look as in Jassim Rahma's picture.We currently use this(don't knwo if I am allowed to post external links,so sorry if I break with this some rules,you can delete it.)  https://github.com/aritchie/userdialogs#powered-by . This simply is called from our base ContentPage(that is the root of all views) with a static method,and in this way it is super simple to implement.we just call the ShowLoading() from our base class and all views can show the busy indicator.
Question: is there any chance this could be implemented?in case it would be,how much would it take to be released?

Currently I am trying to achieve this somehow with the popuplayout that would have a progressBar(indeterminate)/busyIndicator as content,but with little success.

VA Vinnalan Aravazhi Syncfusion Team June 19, 2018 12:15 PM UTC

Hi Tamas,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support.

Query: BusyIndicator will go away when long running operation finishes/when we enable it from code(user cannot dismiss it). I am trying to achieve this with the popuplayout that would have a busyIndicator as content.

We have checked the reported requirement from our side and In our current implementation we don’t have Support to achieve popuplayout that would have a busyIndicator as content. So, We have considered this as a feature and logged feature report. Currently we do not have immediate plans for implementation of this feature, it will be available in any of our upcoming Volume releases.

Please check our website periodically to know the status of the features that are implemented.

Regards,
Vinnalan K A.

ST Steve replied to Vinnalan Aravazhi August 25, 2018 02:02 PM UTC

Hi Jassim Rahma,

Thanks for the update.

We have checked the reported requirement "BusyIndicator in the middle of screen" from our side and we have created the sample which satisfy your requirement. In this sample we placed BusyIndicator in the middle of the screen by using grid. Please find the sample from the below link.

Sample: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/123709/ze/F123709-1277775830 

Regards,
Vinnalan K A.

I'm not sure of a use case where a busy indicator would not overlay the view that is waiting for the operation to complete. The sample simply creates a grid, within which the busy indicator is the centre cell. When will a busy indicator overlay be available?

PA Paul Anderson S Syncfusion Team August 27, 2018 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Steve, 

We have analyzed the reported requirement “BusyIndicator should overlay the View”. You can use our SfPopUpLayout control for overlaying the BusyIndicator. We have created a simple sample for creating a BusyIndicator as like overlay by using the SfPopupLayout control. 

Please have a sample and let we know if you have any other concern. 

Regards, 
Paul Anderson 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon