We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

C# ms word mailmerge.. can not use method mailmerge.executegroup

Hello, 

I am using C# in visual Studio 2015. 

With using Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word in the Code, 
I want to mailmerge MS word template document in C# code. 
With MS word 2010. (MS Word 14.0 object library)

I want to use method MailMerge.ExecuteGroup to merge datatable in group.       
But I can only use Mailmerge.Excute . 

Do I miss some Assembly or reference to make Executegroup possible.  ? 

I saw on the forum that methode executegroup most be possible some way. 

Thanks any help, 

Jeroen Thissen

some C# code : 

Word.Application wordApp;
            Word.Document wordDoc;

wordApp = new Word.Application();
            wordDoc = new Word.Document();

wordDoc = wordApp.Documents.Add(ref oTemplatePath, ref oMissing, ref oMissing, ref oMissing);

DataTable table = GetDataTable();

wordDoc.MailMerge.Execute  
            wordDoc.MailMerge.ExecuteGroup(table);   NOT possible

wordDoc.SaveAs("C:\\Result.doc");

wordDoc.Close();

4 Replies

VR Vijay Ramachandran Syncfusion Team November 8, 2016 06:42 AM UTC

Hi Jeroen,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

You can easily achieve your requirement by using our Syncufusion.DocIO library. For more details, please refer the below link:
https://help.syncfusion.com/file-formats/docio/working-with-mailmerge#performing-mail-merge-for-a-group

Let us know if you have any concern.

Regards,
Vijay R

JT Jeroen Thissen November 8, 2016 09:30 AM UTC

Hello,

I downloaded en runned Syncfusionessantialfileformats.exe  .

Seems to me that installation went allright , although I wondered why not being asked for code to unlock Product, which you send me by email.
In my C# project I choose for Syncfusion reference manager, 
then select file format libraries ,   docIO , 
then message appear not installed ? !!

What did I do wrong somewehere ?

Kind regards,  Jeroen Thissen

JT Jeroen Thissen November 8, 2016 01:32 PM UTC

Ok, 

Thanks very much for help. 
Anything work!

Kind regards,

SY Sethumanikkam Yogendran Syncfusion Team November 9, 2016 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Jeroen,

Thank you for your update.

Please find the following answers for your queries Updated on 11/8/2016, 4:30 AM.

Q)
Seems to me that installation went all right , although I wondered why not being asked for code to unlock Product, which you send me by email.
From the Syncfusion v14.3.0.49, you can install the Syncfusion setup using either unlock key or Syncfusion Login credential. Please refer the following documentation link for the step by step installation of Syncfusion setup.
https://help.syncfusion.com/common/essential-studio/essential-studio-installer-for-individual-platform#step-by-step-installation

Q)In my C# project I choose for Syncfusion reference manager, then select file format libraries , DocIO , then message appear not installed ? !!
We were unable to reproduce the reported issue with our Syncfusion Reference Manager utility with given information. Could you please share the below details to us to proceed further.

1. Version of Syncfusion Reference Manager utility. You can get it from Visual Studio->Tools->Extensions and Updates.
2. Selected assembly version in the Syncfusion Reference Manager wizard.

3. Your project’s Framework version.
4. Screenshot of the issue.
5. Details about your Visual Studio. Select the Visual Studio->Help->About Microsoft Visual Studio. Copy the Visual Studio information by clicking Copy Info and paste this information into notepad. Also, copy the System Information by clicking the System Info and paste into notepad. Share those Visual Studio and System information to us.

6. The InstallInfo.xml file from Syncfusion Essential Studio installed location. You can get the InstallInfo.xml file from the following location.
Location:[Drive]\ProgramFiles(x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\{Version}\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\InstallInfo.xml
For Ex: C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\14.3.0.52\Utilities\InstallInfoGenerator\InstallInfo.xml

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
Sethumanikkam.Y

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon