We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Add an annotation in an opened file

Hello,

I'm trying to add an annotations to a pdf that is open. Since the volume 3 is already out, I guess that it is possible to do now (see Thread #
123956)
Do you have a demo of how to add an annotation in an open pdf ? Like that one but with an highlight button for example https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/124587/is-there-a-pdf-sample-app-for-uwp ?
And is it possible to get the selected zone ? So that I know where to add the annotation ?

Thanks in advance!

6 Replies

BS Balasubramanian Sundararajan Syncfusion Team October 3, 2016 12:29 PM UTC

Hi Courtoy, 

Please find the details of your query from the following table, 

Query 
Details 
I'm trying to do the same thing, add an annotations to a pdf that is open. Since the volume 3 is already out, I guess that it is possible to do now. 
We have provided support for adding ,deleting, editing and saving the annotations in the PDF document from the Essential Studio 2016 Volume 2. Kindly upgrade to our Essential Studio 2016 Volume 3 to avail this feature. 

Please find the list of annotation supported by our Essential PDF viewer for UWP from below, 

1)      Ink Annotation. 
2)      Text Markup Annotation (Highlight, Strikethrough, Underline). 
3)      Shapes Annotation (Line, Rectangle, Ellipse). 

Do you have a demo of how to add an annotation in an open pdf ? Like that one but with an highlight button for example https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/124587/is-there-a-pdf-sample-app-for-uwp ? 
We have created a simple sample which illustrates in adding the annotations to the PDF document and the sample can be downloaded from the following link, 

We have also captured a demo video for adding the annotations to the PDF document. Kindly refer to the below video for more details, 

And is it possible to get the selected zone ? So that I know where to add the annotation ? 
We can edit and save the drawn annotation on the PDF document using the SfPdfViewerControl UWP. The above video which also demonstrates the saving the drawn annotations to the PDF document. Kindly refer the video for more details. 

If your requirement is different from our suggested solution. Can you provide us more details on your requirement? So that we could analyze and provide you better solution on your query. 

I 
Please let me know if you have any concern. 

Regards, 
Balasubramanian S 

PC Pierre Courtoy October 3, 2016 12:38 PM UTC

Hello,

I'm testing it and it seems to be just what I need. 

Thanks for the fast answer and the demo.

I will come back to you if there is another problem, but it seems perfect.

Have a nice day !

PC Pierre Courtoy October 3, 2016 02:11 PM UTC

Hello,

It is nearly perfect but not exactly what I want.

I would like to know the exact location of the selection. And with the selection, I would like to be able to add or remove annotations while the pdf is loaded. 

For example, A has entered some higlights. I keep this information. B opens the pdf and pushes on a button to see the annotations of A. Then, he pushes again and the annotations of A are removed.

So, is it possible to get the location of an annotation and add or remove it programmatically while the pdf is loaded ?

Thanks !

BS Balasubramanian Sundararajan Syncfusion Team October 4, 2016 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Courtoy, 

At present we do not have support for extracting the bounds of the drawn annotation in our PDF viewer control UWP. We have added it to our feature request list. This feature will be included in any of our upcoming release. We request you to visit our website periodically for feature updates. 

Thanks, 
Balasubramanian S 

DH dhaval replied to Balasubramanian Sundararajan January 3, 2017 02:41 PM UTC

Hi Courtoy, 

Please find the details of your query from the following table, 

Query 
Details 
I'm trying to do the same thing, add an annotations to a pdf that is open. Since the volume 3 is already out, I guess that it is possible to do now. 
We have provided support for adding ,deleting, editing and saving the annotations in the PDF document from the Essential Studio 2016 Volume 2. Kindly upgrade to our Essential Studio 2016 Volume 3 to avail this feature. 

Please find the list of annotation supported by our Essential PDF viewer for UWP from below, 

1)      Ink Annotation. 

Do you have a demo of how to add an annotation in an open pdf ? Like that one but with an highlight button for example https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/124587/is-there-a-pdf-sample-app-for-uwp ? 
We have created a simple sample which illustrates in adding the annotations to the PDF document and the sample can be downloaded from the following link, 

We have also captured a demo video for adding the annotations to the PDF document. Kindly refer to the below video for more details, 

We can edit and save the drawn annotation on the PDF document using the SfPdfViewerControl UWP. The above video which also demonstrates the saving the drawn annotations to the PDF document. Kindly refer the video for more details. 

If your requirement is different from our suggested solution. Can you provide us more details on your requirement? So that we could analyze and provide you better solution on your query. 

I 
Please let me know if you have any concern. 

Regards, 
Balasubramanian S 

I am also trying to add FreeText Annotation in UWP.
In this Link it shows all Annotation are supported in UWP.
But in this thread you says its not supported.

1)      Ink Annotation. 

Actually its supported or not?

SS Sathish Sivakumar Syncfusion Team January 4, 2017 12:33 PM UTC

Hi Dhaval, 

Thank you for using Syncfusion products. 

The following screen shot illustrates the list of annotation features support by Syncfusion Essential PDF library (Link) and it is not related to Syncfusion Essential PDF viewer control in UWP. 

At present PDF Viewer supports in UWP only the following annotations: 

1)      Ink Annotation.  
2)      Text Markup Annotation (Highlight, Strikethrough, Underline).  
3)      Shapes Annotation (Line, Rectangle, Ellipse).  

We will implement the remaining annotation in PDF Viewer control in UWP in any of our upcoming release. We usually have an interval of at least three months between releases. The feature implementation would also greatly depend on the factors such as product design, code compatibility and complexity.   

Regards, 
Sathish 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon