We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

Running SSRS + authentication...

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to use your Report Viewer control for desktop client and I cannot run the report which sits on a remote server. I have read few other threads about SSRS here and I know that this is not officially supported. However I have found this:
"[...] adding Silverlight ReportViewer as  custom control in LightSwitch screen allows you to render SSRS reports in Lightswitch platform."

One of the samples I've found contains this code:

using System;

using System.Linq;

using System.IO;

using System.IO.IsolatedStorage;

using System.Collections.Generic;

using Microsoft.LightSwitch;

using Microsoft.LightSwitch.Framework.Client;

using Microsoft.LightSwitch.Presentation;

using Microsoft.LightSwitch.Presentation.Extensions;

using Syncfusion.Windows.Reports.Viewer;

using Syncfusion.Windows.Reports;

namespace LightSwitchApplication

{

public partial class SLReport

{

partial void SLReport_Activated()

{

this.FindControl("ScreenContent").ControlAvailable += SLReport_ControlAvailable;

}

void SLReport_ControlAvailable(object sender, ControlAvailableEventArgs e)

{

ReportViewer viewer = e.Control as ReportViewer;

//Sets the report path

viewer.ReportPath = "/Report Project1/InvoiceParameterReport";

//Sets the report server Url

viewer.ReportServerUrl = "http://76.74.153.81/ReportServer";

//Sets the report service URL

viewer.ReportServiceURL = "/ReportingService.svc";

//viewer.ReportServiceURL = "http://localhost:50073/ReportingService.svc";

//Sets the processing mode

viewer.ProcessingMode = ProcessingMode.Remote;

//Sets the report server credential

viewer.ReportServerCredential = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("ssrs", "RDLReport1");

//Refresh the report

viewer.RefreshReport();

viewer.ReportLoaded += (Sender, arg) =>

{

//Sets the data source credentials

var crdentials = new List<DataSourceCredentials>();

foreach (var datasource in viewer.GetDataSources())

{

var credn = new DataSourceCredentials();

credn.Name = datasource.Name;

credn.UserId = "ssrs1";

credn.Password = "RDLReport1";

crdentials.Add(credn);

}

viewer.SetDataSourceCredentials(crdentials);

//Sets the default parameter

List<ReportParameter> parameters = new List<ReportParameter>();

ReportParameter param = new ReportParameter();

param.Labels.Add("10251");

param.Values.Add("10251");

param.Name = "InvoiceID";

parameters.Add(param);

viewer.SetParameters(parameters);

};

}

}

}

This gave me hope, but for some reason I still cannot make it to work. Is the following required for it to work properly?

viewer.ReportServiceURL = "/ReportingService.svc

There is also

viewer.ReportPath = "/Report Project1/InvoiceParameterReport"

Does the same path need to be included in Properties of the control as well?

As pictures are worth more than 1000 words, I was wondering if you would be so kind and record short video showing how you configure the project in Visual Studio 2013 for remote SSRS reports with authentication from start to finish, please? I have talked to few people and they couldn't work this out either, hence having visual instructions would be really helpful.

Thank you very much in advance for your help and support in this matter.

Kind regards,

Tom

6 Replies

TO Tom replied to Tomasz Pepa September 2, 2016 10:32 AM UTC

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to use your Report Viewer control for desktop client and I cannot run the report which sits on a remote server. I have read few other threads about SSRS here and I know that this is not officially supported. However I have found this:
"[...] adding Silverlight ReportViewer as  custom control in LightSwitch screen allows you to render SSRS reports in Lightswitch platform."

One of the samples I've found contains this code:

using System;

using System.Linq;

using System.IO;

using System.IO.IsolatedStorage;

using System.Collections.Generic;

using Microsoft.LightSwitch;

using Microsoft.LightSwitch.Framework.Client;

using Microsoft.LightSwitch.Presentation;

using Microsoft.LightSwitch.Presentation.Extensions;

using Syncfusion.Windows.Reports.Viewer;

using Syncfusion.Windows.Reports;

namespace LightSwitchApplication

{

public partial class SLReport

{

partial void SLReport_Activated()

{

this.FindControl("ScreenContent").ControlAvailable += SLReport_ControlAvailable;

}

void SLReport_ControlAvailable(object sender, ControlAvailableEventArgs e)

{

ReportViewer viewer = e.Control as ReportViewer;

//Sets the report path

viewer.ReportPath = "/Report Project1/InvoiceParameterReport";

//Sets the report server Url

viewer.ReportServerUrl = "http://76.74.153.81/ReportServer";

//Sets the report service URL

viewer.ReportServiceURL = "/ReportingService.svc";

//viewer.ReportServiceURL = "http://localhost:50073/ReportingService.svc";

//Sets the processing mode

viewer.ProcessingMode = ProcessingMode.Remote;

//Sets the report server credential

viewer.ReportServerCredential = new System.Net.NetworkCredential("ssrs", "RDLReport1");

//Refresh the report

viewer.RefreshReport();

viewer.ReportLoaded += (Sender, arg) =>

{

//Sets the data source credentials

var crdentials = new List<DataSourceCredentials>();

foreach (var datasource in viewer.GetDataSources())

{

var credn = new DataSourceCredentials();

credn.Name = datasource.Name;

credn.UserId = "ssrs1";

credn.Password = "RDLReport1";

crdentials.Add(credn);

}

viewer.SetDataSourceCredentials(crdentials);

//Sets the default parameter

List<ReportParameter> parameters = new List<ReportParameter>();

ReportParameter param = new ReportParameter();

param.Labels.Add("10251");

param.Values.Add("10251");

param.Name = "InvoiceID";

parameters.Add(param);

viewer.SetParameters(parameters);

};

}

}

}

This gave me hope, but for some reason I still cannot make it to work. Is the following required for it to work properly?

viewer.ReportServiceURL = "/ReportingService.svc

There is also

viewer.ReportPath = "/Report Project1/InvoiceParameterReport"

As pictures are worth more than 1000 words, I was wondering if you would be so kind and record short video showing how you configure the project in Visual Studio 2013 for remote SSRS reports with authentication from start to finish, please? I have talked to few people and they couldn't work this out either, hence having visual instructions would be really helpful.

Thank you very much in advance for your help and support in this matter.

Kind regards,

Tom

In addition to my first post, could you please tell me where I can find Syncfusion.Reports.Server assembly? I'm trying to add WCF, but it is missing from all Assemblies folder etc.

Thanks,

Kind regards,
Tom 

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 5, 2016 10:31 AM UTC

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query 
Response 
"[...] adding Silverlight ReportViewer as  custom control in LightSwitch screen allows you to render SSRS reports in Lightswitch platform." 

Our LightSwitch Silverlight ReportViewer extension didn’t have support to Load/View SSRS RDL reports. But we can achieve this by using Silverlight ReportViewer as custom control inside lightswitch screen. We have prepared a sample for you reference and it can be downloaded from below location. 

We have prepared a document to create Report Viewer Lightswitch Silverlight application and it can be downloaded from the following location. 

viewer.ReportServiceURL = "/ReportingService.svc 
There is also 
viewer.ReportPath = "/Report Project1/InvoiceParameterReport" 

Kindly refer the below table for more details on Reportviewer properties. 

Property 
Description 
ReportServiceURL 
You have to specify the ServiceURL to access the ReportServer . In our shared sample we have given the sample with WCF Reporting service embedded in application. Set the WCF service URL to the ReportServiceURL property as shown below.
ReportViewer.ReportServiceURL="/ReportingService.svc";
//viewer.ReportServiceURL="
http://ssrs.syncfusion.com/ReportingService/ReportingService.svc"; 
Kindly refer the below link for creating a WCF service. 

In addition to my first post, could you please tell me where I can find Syncfusion.Reports.Server assembly? I'm trying to add WCF, but it is missing from all Assemblies folder etc. 
You can find the “Syncfusion.Reports.Server” assembly from following installed location of our Essential Studio. 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\14.1.0.41(Product Version)\Assemblies\4.0. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

TO Tom replied to Vinoth Srinivasan September 5, 2016 03:31 PM UTC

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion support. 

Query 
Response 
"[...] adding Silverlight ReportViewer as  custom control in LightSwitch screen allows you to render SSRS reports in Lightswitch platform." 

Our LightSwitch Silverlight ReportViewer extension didn’t have support to Load/View SSRS RDL reports. But we can achieve this by using Silverlight ReportViewer as custom control inside lightswitch screen. We have prepared a sample for you reference and it can be downloaded from below location. 

We have prepared a document to create Report Viewer Lightswitch Silverlight application and it can be downloaded from the following location. 

viewer.ReportServiceURL = "/ReportingService.svc 
There is also 
viewer.ReportPath = "/Report Project1/InvoiceParameterReport" 

Kindly refer the below table for more details on Reportviewer properties. 

Property 
Description 
ReportServiceURL 
You have to specify the ServiceURL to access the ReportServer . In our shared sample we have given the sample with WCF Reporting service embedded in application. Set the WCF service URL to the ReportServiceURL property as shown below.
ReportViewer.ReportServiceURL="/ReportingService.svc";
//viewer.ReportServiceURL="
http://ssrs.syncfusion.com/ReportingService/ReportingService.svc"; 
Kindly refer the below link for creating a WCF service. 

You can find the “Syncfusion.Reports.Server” assembly from following installed location of our Essential Studio. 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\14.1.0.41(Product Version)\Assemblies\4.0. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Hi Vinoth,

Thank you very much for your reply and detailed instructions. That is all very useful, but I'm still having problems with finding Syncfusion.Reports.Server assembly. Please have a look at the file attached. It is simply not there for some reason. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance,

Kind regards,
Tom

Attachment: MissingAssemblies_fe58585f.zip

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 6, 2016 10:48 AM UTC

Hi Tomasz, 

We have shared the “Syncfusion.Reports.Server” assembly in both versions (14.1.0.41 and 14.2.0.26), and it can be downloaded from the below location. Please replace the assemblies to your required location. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

TO Tom replied to Vinoth Srinivasan September 14, 2016 07:56 AM UTC

Hi Tomasz, 

We have shared the “Syncfusion.Reports.Server” assembly in both versions (14.1.0.41 and 14.2.0.26), and it can be downloaded from the below location. Please replace the assemblies to your required location. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Hi Vinoth,

Thank you very much for your help. I'm going to try it later this week and will report back in case of any problems.

Thanks once more,

Regards,
Tom

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team September 15, 2016 05:32 AM UTC

Hi Tomasz, 

Thanks for your update. We will wait until we hear from you. 

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon