We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

AutoComplete field not rendered (not visible) on iOS (Xamarin.Forms)

Hi,

I have an Xamarin.Forms application. It works fine on Android device, however AutoComplete field is not visible on iOS (both physical device iPhone 5s and simulators).
I tried both my application and sample.
Please suggest how to fix it. Thanks in advance.

10 Replies

HM Hemalatha Marikumar Syncfusion Team August 24, 2016 08:34 AM UTC

Hi Thomas Bomberg,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue " AutoComplete is not rendered in iOS Xamarin ". We have attached a sample to test the issue for your reference in the below location.

Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/125528/ze/TestingSampleForms317052206

Note: Please create an instance of SfAutoCompleteRenderer in AppDelegate.cs class as per the following code example 

public override bool FinishedLaunching(UIApplication app, NSDictionary options)

{

global::Xamarin.Forms.Forms.Init();

new SfAutoCompleteRenderer();

LoadApplication(new App());

return base.FinishedLaunching(app, options);

}

For more information about “adding renderer” check the user documentation from the following link

Link: https://help.syncfusion.com/xamarin/sfautocomplete/getting-started 

Please check the sample and if the issue still persists, update the modified sample or the replication procedure to analyze further and provide an appropriate solution

Regards,
Hemalatha M.R.

RH Robyn Hukin replied to Hemalatha Marikumar August 25, 2016 12:10 AM UTC

Hi Thomas Bomberg,

Thanks for contacting Syncfusion Support.

We were unable to reproduce the reported issue " AutoComplete is not rendered in iOS Xamarin ". We have attached a sample to test the issue for your reference in the below location.

Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/125528/ze/TestingSampleForms317052206

Note: Please create an instance of SfAutoCompleteRenderer in AppDelegate.cs class as per the following code example 

{

}

For more information about “adding renderer” check the user documentation from the following link

Please check the sample and if the issue still persists, update the modified sample or the replication procedure to analyze further and provide an appropriate solution

Regards,
Hemalatha M.R.

Hi Hemalatha,

I guess we are also having the same issue. Please find the attached sample.

Regards

Attachment: TestingSampleFormsBugReplicated_b16f0f56.zip

PK Pavendhan Kumar Syncfusion Team August 25, 2016 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Thomas,

Query: AutoComplete field not rendered on iOS.

We were able to reproduce the issue “AutoComplete field not rendered on iOS”. We have already logged a bug and fixed. The patch for the fix will be available in our upcoming 2016 Volume2 SP2 release which is expected to be rolled out by the end of August 2016.

Regards,
Pavendhan K.

TB Thomas Bomberg August 28, 2016 09:23 AM UTC

Hallo,

thanks for your answers.

adding this line helped:

PK Pavendhan Kumar Syncfusion Team August 29, 2016 06:49 AM UTC

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your update.

Please let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards,
Pavendhan K.

GL Guy Lemire April 12, 2017 05:02 PM UTC

Hello,
I am having the same issue, I am using MVVM and I just want to display a static list for now, the autocomplete does not render on the page in IOS 10.3 simulator

Constructor in View Model

public List<ComboBoxData> Items = new List<ComboBoxData>();

public ViewModel()
        {
            Items.Add(new ComboBoxData() { text = "25643", value = "PRO25643" });
            Items.Add(new ComboBoxData() { text = "25633", value = "PRO25633" });
            Items.Add(new ComboBoxData() { text = "24533", value = "PRO24533" });
            Items.Add(new ComboBoxData() { text = "25433", value = "PRO25433" });
            Items.Add(new ComboBoxData() { text = "26789", value = "PRO26789" });
        }

AppDelegate

XAML

<autocomplete:SfAutoComplete x:Name="Search" DisplayMemberPath="text" DataSource="{Binding Items}" />

XAML.cs

BindingContext = new ViewModel();

What is the problem?

GL Guy Lemire April 12, 2017 05:30 PM UTC

Sorry, the documentation should say that HeightRequest & WidthRequest are mandatory, now it displays when I added them with values.

VA Vanaja  Annasamy Syncfusion Team April 13, 2017 11:28 AM UTC

Hi Guy,

Thank you for contacting Syncfusion support.

We suggest you to use SfAutoComplete control inside StackLayout because the control will be displayed in full screen so the dropdownitems does not get displayed. Thank you for your suggestion and we will mention the same in the documentation.

Regards,
Vanaja R.A.

XR xasan rahimov September 14, 2020 09:58 PM UTC

Hi,
This issue still present in currently latest version(18.2.0.57). I had to add 'new SfAutoCompleteRenderer();' in AppDelegate.cs as a workaround

SS Suganya Sethuraman Syncfusion Team September 15, 2020 02:25 PM UTC

Hi xasan,

We have analyzed your query. This is not an issue. It is the rule to follow the steps to renderer the control in Xamarin.Forms iOS.

Note: Please create an instance of SfAutoCompleteRenderer in AppDelegate.cs class as per the following code example.

{ 

} 

Please have the sample for your reference,

Sample: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ze/AutoCompleteSample512964564

Regards,
Suganya Sethuraman.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon