We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
Starting in 2019, the Reporting control is no longer included in Essential Studio. If you're experiencing issues with the Syncfusion Reporting Platform, Report Viewer, Report Designer, or Report Writer, we recommend migrating to Bold Reports, our dedicated reporting platform.

Bold Reports offers a comprehensive suite of tools and features for all your reporting needs, and we will help you make a smooth transition from the discontinued control. Our support team at https://support.boldreports.com/ is here to assist you with any questions or difficulties you may encounter during the migration process.

We thank you for choosing Syncfusion and appreciate your understanding.

How to set LightswitchApplication as Dataset for the report

Hi,

I couldn't quite figure out how to associate the application database as DataSource for the report, using the report wizard.
As far as I've seen in other samples, the Report template is created on the Client Project, but the application data is on the server, so how do you set the DataSource?

More specifically, in the Data Source configuration Wizard, I have 3 options: Service, Object and SharePoint. How do I go from here?

thanks.

5 Replies

MJ Mariya Joseph M Syncfusion Team March 10, 2016 12:39 PM UTC

Hi Nicolas,

We have prepared a documentation to illustrate how to create the report and set data source to a  report in ReportViewer, it can be downloaded from the below location.
http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/153363/VBDOCU~1-2021915226.ZIP

Regards,
Mariya Joseph M.

NL Nicolas Lope de Barrios March 10, 2016 02:31 PM UTC

Thank you Mariya, it was very helpful.

MJ Mariya Joseph M Syncfusion Team March 11, 2016 04:44 AM UTC

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the update.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Mariya Joseph M.

HA Homayoon Azimi replied to Mariya Joseph M August 29, 2017 06:26 AM UTC

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for the update.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Regards,
Mariya Joseph M.

Dear Mariya Joseph M,

At first thanks for your perfect topic. but i need the C# code. this file contains only VB codes.

Kind Regards

Homayoon Azimi

VS Vinoth Srinivasan Syncfusion Team August 30, 2017 01:56 PM UTC

Hi Homayoon, 

We have prepared a documentation to illustrate how to create the report and set data source to a  report in ReportViewer using C# code, it can be downloaded from the below location.  

Regards, 
Vinoth S. 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon