We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

ej.web.all.min.js is throwing invalid state error

Hi,

My Uploadbox control embedded into the .aspx page of the .net web form inheriting from MasterPage is giving me issue, I have this particular "Invalid State Error" from the ej.web.all.min.js file, which is referring to this particular line, after I clicked on Upload button of the uploader pop-up (after selecting file(s) to upload):

u.send(f)},_xhrOnUploadButtonClick:function(){var ... ....

Is anyone able to advise further?

Thanks.

Regards,
Jenson

7 Replies

KS Kalai Selvi Rajendran Syncfusion Team January 29, 2016 05:06 PM UTC

Hi Jenson,
We have analysed your previous incident history and created a sample in framework 2.0 based on your previous requirement to test the reported scenario. Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce the error at our end.
Could you please provide us the sample to check this issue? This would help us to sort out the root causes of the issue and provide you a better solution.
Also, please let us know whether you have tried to access the xhr object to upload the files? If so, please share the details with us.
 If you have any other queries, please let us know.
 Regards
Kalai Selvi

JC Jenson Chew replied to Kalai Selvi Rajendran February 1, 2016 12:59 AM UTC

Hi Jenson,
We have analysed your previous incident history and created a sample in framework 2.0 based on your previous requirement to test the reported scenario. Unfortunately, we were unable to reproduce the error at our end.
Could you please provide us the sample to check this issue? This would help us to sort out the root causes of the issue and provide you a better solution.
Also, please let us know whether you have tried to access the xhr object to upload the files? If so, please share the details with us.
 If you have any other queries, please let us know.
 Regards
Kalai Selvi

Dear Kalai,

I have multiple jQuery lib references, may I know if that would affect the results?

from seeing nothing to seeing everything, and allow me to select file to upload. It just failed and showing me red "X" icon indicating that the file can't be uploaded. 

Thanks.

Regards,
Jenson

JC Jenson Chew February 1, 2016 01:04 AM UTC

Just to add on, I use JSON2.js at child page too.

Attached is the project file, let me know if you have issue opening it up? It's coded with VS2008. 

Attachment: DragAndDropMultipleUpload_(2)_b3b15d14.zip

JC Jenson Chew February 1, 2016 03:27 AM UTC

It seems like I'm managed to get to proceed with the following code change, not sure why it deviates so much from the sample codes given to me earlier:

Original Codes given in Sample:

Protected Sub HiddenField1_ValueChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
        Dim myDeserializedObjList As List(Of uploadbox) = DirectCast(Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(HiddenField1.Value, (GetType(List(Of uploadbox)))), List(Of uploadbox))

gvFiles.DataSource = myDeserializedObjList
        gvFiles.DataBind()

End Sub

Modified Codes: 
    Protected Sub HiddenField1_ValueChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)

Dim jsonObj = Newtonsoft.Json.JsonConvert.DeserializeObject(Replace(HiddenField1.Value.Substring(1, HiddenField1.Value.Length - 2), "\", ""))

gvFiles.DataSource = jsonObj
        gvFiles.DataBind()

End Sub

Hopefully this workaround won't break for any other exceptional inputs in the future?

Thanks.

Regards,
Jenson

ES Ezhil S Syncfusion Team February 2, 2016 01:07 PM UTC

Hi Jenson,

Thanks for your updates.

Sorry we were unable to reproduce the reported error with “ej.web.all.min.js” in the sample shared. We have recorded video of the sample execution that is working fine at our end. Please clarify the below with us:

1.       Does the issue occurs with the shared sample in forum or any other modification needed with that sample?
2.       Can you share us the issue reproducible screenshot or video demo?
3.       Share us the “ej.web.all.min.js” script file in which the error arise.
4.       Do you use any other Syncfusion Javascript controls in your project? If yes, share us the control details and scenarios used.

Please provide us the details, so that we can find exact cause and solution for issue you are facing with ejUploadbox. Could you please follow up the issue on the corresponding incident created under your account for further updates, so that we can avoid confusions with forum and incident.

Video link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/149999/ze/Upload_149999603207905

Regards,
Ezhil S

JC Jenson Chew February 15, 2016 07:21 AM UTC

Dear Ezhil,

Sorry I was out of country for almost 2 weeks. Please see my reply below:

1.       Does the issue occurs with the shared sample in forum or any other modification needed with that sample?
      No. It doesn't.

2.       Can you share us the issue reproducible screenshot or video demo?
      I just replied to Customer Support thread on the issue being resolved. 

3.       Share us the “ej.web.all.min.js” script file in which the error arise.
      I has been resolved from my end, and I have no idea how it get resolved, but what I do was just rearranging or moving around of links pointing to various javascript, and jquery files.  

4.       Do you use any other Syncfusion Javascript controls in your project? If yes, share us the control details and scenarios used.
I used UploadBox control (client side javascript control).

Please provide us the details, so that we can find exact cause and solution for issue you are facing with ejUploadbox. Could you please follow up the issue on the corresponding incident created under your account for further updates, so that we can avoid confusions with forum and incident.

Sure, I have updated it in the incident created under my account with attached solution. 

Thank you!

AP Arun Palaniyandi Syncfusion Team February 16, 2016 10:22 AM UTC

Hi Jenson,

Thanks for the update.

We are glad that your issues have been resolved.

Please contact us in future if you have any queries.

Regards,

Arun P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon