We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Olap Client report: check boxes incorrectly saving

Hi All,

The state of the check boxes incorrectly saving in Element Editor window. Actually whats is going on, when I am selecting data for one year in element editor window then only that year must be selected.
So instead of that all the years are selecting in Element Editor window. 

Suppose we have data for thee year 2001,2002,2003. so I want to select  2001,2002 years of data not the all so  2001,2002  should be selected in element editor window. So Instead of that check boxes for all are selecting. it is showing like this.

Could anyone please provide any solution for it?

Thanks
Shreekant Jadon
E-Mail: shreekant.ncet@gmail.com
Mb: +919632101643

66 Replies

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team December 2, 2014 09:58 AM UTC

Hi Jadon,

Thank you for using Syncfusion products.

We have checked the sample in our 12.3.0.36 version and we couldn’t able to reproduce the reported problem at our end. We have attached a video for your convenience in the below link and we would very much appreciate if you could provide us some more details such as screen-shot or video explaining step-by-step replication procedure of the problem. This will help us to proceed further.

Also please let us know whether you are using our new ASP.NET or ASP.NET classic control.  

Video Link:

https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/132663/ElementEditorWindow1854103326.zip

Please let us know if you have any concerns.

Thanks,

Alagarsamy D.

SJ Shreekant Jadon December 3, 2014 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Alagarsamy,

First of all thanks for your reply.

In the video you showed,  you selected two years data and clicked ok so it was selecting two years data and in the element editor window it is showing only two year selected when you are going to it again.
In my case what ever data I am selecting it is working fine but when I am going to element editor window it showing all selected. It should show what data I select like in video you select two year data it is showing only two year selected. If I am unselecting all the check boxes and again going to element editor window then also it showing all selected. So the state of the check boxes not saving correctly.

Please find the attached screenshot (CheckBox.rar). There are three files in .rar folder. 

1.First (CheckBox_1) :-     Just I selected two years (2013,2014) data in element editor window and clicked ok.
2.Second(CheckBox_2):- Data populated for those two years (2013,2014) successfully.
3.third(CheckBox_3):-     When I check element editor window again, It is showing all the checkboxex selected  but it must be show only two check box for year 2013,2014 that we selected manually.

I hope you can understand now what exactly the issue is with me.  

Could you please provide any solution for it. Your help would be greatly appreciated. I am hoping a gentle reply from you as soon as you can.

Thanks
Shreekant Jadon

Attachment: CheckBox_faf735fc.rar

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team December 4, 2014 06:10 AM UTC

Hi Jadon,

Thanks for the screen-shot.

We have analyzed the screen-shot provided in the last update and would like to clarify/confirm that “1986” was the only value show in OLAP Grid (1st screenshot Checkbox_1.png) and we would like to know whether any prior filtering done before showing 1986 value as show in OLAP Grid (in 1st screenshot Checkbox_1.png). If so, kindly provide the complete step-by-step replication procedure as we still couldn’t able to reproduce the problem at our end.  

Thanks,

Alagarsamy D.

SJ Shreekant Jadon December 5, 2014 08:00 AM UTC

Hi Alagarsamy,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes we are filtering the data at load time, so when report load at first time it would select only one year data to increase the performance. you are talking about "1986", this year selected when we are coming first time to report but when I am going to element editor window it showing all years selected but it actually should show only "1986"  selected.

The screenshot that attached in last reply was the later steps, like if you want to select any more years data that's why I selected two years data  in screenshot and later things already replied.

Issue is still there check boxes not saving correctly every time it showing all selected if you select one year data, two year data and whatever.

Waiting for a gentle reply from you.

Thanks
Shreekant Jadon

SJ Shreekant Jadon December 8, 2014 07:56 AM UTC

Can someone reply please?

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team December 8, 2014 09:35 AM UTC

Hi Jadon,

Thanks for the update.

We have once again checked the reported scenario with our “Adventure Works DW” cube and we couldn’t able to reproduce the reported problem at our end. Normally we use “Adventure Works DW” cube as a test cube for any purpose and would ship the same while installing Essential Studio as well. Hence we now kindly recommend you to check the reported problem against “Adventure Works DW” cube by using the below connection string. If the problem still exists, please provide us a complete step-by-step replication procedure. This will help us to proceed further.

Cube installed location:

C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\version\Common\Data\OfflineCube\ASP

Connection String:

string connectionString = @"Data Source = C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Syncfusion\EssentialStudio\version\Common\Data\OfflineCube\ASP\Adventure_Works_Ext.Cub; Provider = MSOLAP;";

Thanks,

Alagarsamy D

SJ Shreekant Jadon December 10, 2014 12:42 PM UTC

Hi Alagarsamy,

Thanks for paying attention,

Please keep it simple, Now  I am explaining the issue from your view.

please go for it and see, when it start it showing all the years check boxes selected (FY 2002, FY 2003, FY 2004, FY 2005, FY 2007`) in element editor window after that you unselect all check boxes and afterward you selected only two years check boxes (FY 2002, FY 2003) and clicked ok then data populated for those two years. All is fine till here in My case as well  but when you are again going back to element editor window then it is showing the only two years data (FY 2002, FY 2003) that is correct because you selected only two years. In my case it is not happening when I am going back it is showing all selected even if I am unselecting all or selecting one , two three year and so on. In the element editor window it should show only selected years check boxes ticked and rest should be null or unselected. 

In your case it is working fine but in my case it isn't. So how to handle it. Do I need to set any property or any code changes for it?

Looking forward to a gentle reply from you.

Thanks
Shreekant Jadon

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team December 11, 2014 06:26 AM UTC

Hi Jadon,

Thanks for the update.

Since its happening only in your case we would very much appreciate if you could provide us a sample cube with dummy/garbage values replicating the very same problem. This will help us to look into the flow to recognize the problem.

Thanks,

Alagarsamy D.

SJ Shreekant Jadon December 16, 2014 09:42 AM UTC

Hi Team,

Sorry! I was out of station so didn't had a look into it, please reopen the issue as I got notification that issue has been closed.
The cube that we are using have the huge volume of data  so it is difficult to replace that data with dummy values. One more thing that I can provide you is, month field is working fine.

We have two field called "Placement Date" and "Month Bin" so issue with Placement Date field where as Month Bin field is working fine all the check boxes saving correctly for month Bin field.
In the code both field defined in similar manner. 

please check attached image you can find in element editor window only six month selected and in report showing correctly and check boxes selected for six only.
Could you please tell me one thing, can we manage check boxes through programming or it's internal functionality of the Sync-Fusion controls.
I checked the code but I didn't find anything  related to check boxes, in the code simply Dimension Element declared and Added in series or category window nothing for check boxes.

Do these things declare in cube?

Please reply if possible 

Thanks
Shreekant Jadon

Attachment: Month_d5b2caff.rar

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team December 17, 2014 08:52 AM UTC

Hi Jadon,

Thanks for the update.

Query

Answer

We have two field called "Placement Date" and "Month Bin" so issue with Placement Date field where as Month Bin field is working fine all the check boxes saving correctly for month Bin field.

In the code both field defined in similar manner. 

We have analyzed the screen-shot provided in the last update and would like to inform you that "MonthBin" is an attribute hierarchy since it is having only 1 level (defined without any expander in element editor) and the "PlacementDate" element is user defined hierarchy since it is having “n” level (defined with expanders in element editor). Please refer the attached screenshot.

We kindly recommended you to check the reported problem against any other user defined hierarchy (and not attribute hierarchy) available in your cube itself and let us know on the same.

Screen-shot:

Could you please tell me one thing, can we manage check boxes through programming or it's internal functionality of the Sync-Fusion controls.

I checked the code but I didn't find anything  related to check boxes, in the code simply Dimension Element declared and Added in series or category window nothing for check boxes.

We have an event that would be raised while opening the element editor window. Please use this event for getting the checked state and node details while loading element editor. Please find the code snippet below.

Code Snippet [C#]:

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)

{

this.OlapClient1.MemberEditorLoading += OlapClient1_MemberEditorLoading;             

}

void OlapClient1_MemberEditorLoading(object sender, MemberEditorLoadingEventArgs e)

{

var temp = e.Node.Checked; //use this code to get the current checked node status.

}

Thanks,

Alagarsamy D

SJ Shreekant Jadon December 17, 2014 01:59 PM UTC

Hi team,

Thanks for your reply,

Will do as you suggest and respond back to you soon

Thanks
Shreekant

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team December 18, 2014 04:31 AM UTC

Hi Jadon,

Thanks for the update.

We will wait until here from you.

Thanks,

Alagarsamy D

SJ Shreekant Jadon December 18, 2014 03:31 PM UTC

Hi Alagarsamy,

I found something that can help me to fix this issue I think so will apply that to the reports first tomorrow.

I will keep you posted back with my findings.

Thanks
Shreekant

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team December 19, 2014 09:37 AM UTC

Hi Jadon,

Thanks for the update.

Thanks,
Alagarsamy D

SJ Shreekant Jadon December 19, 2014 12:43 PM UTC

Hi Alagarsamy,

I checked the report again and found that in the report creation there is some difference in the fields that are working fine and that are not working for check boxes issue. for the Month field that is working fine the code is "   
DimensionElement dimensionElementColumn = new DimensionElement();
            // Specifying the name of the dimension element
            dimensionElementColumn.Name = "dimMonthBin";
            //dimensionElementColumn.ElementName = "Periods Since Placement";
            // Specifying the hierarchy and level name
            dimensionElementColumn.AddLevel("Periods Since Placement", "Periods Since Placement");" 

SJ Shreekant Jadon December 19, 2014 01:40 PM UTC

Hi Alagarsamy,

please forget the above reply it was by mistake.

I checked the report again and found that in the report creation there is some difference in the fields that are working fine and that are not working for check boxes issue. for the Month field that is working fine the code is  below-

DimensionElement dimensionElementRow = new DimensionElement();
dimensionElementRow.Name = "dimMonthBin";
dimensionElementRow.AddLevel("Periods Since Placement", "Periods Since Placement");

and for the PlacementDate field that is not working the code is below-

dimensionElementRow.Name = "dimPlacementDate";
dimensionElementRow.AddLevel("dimPlacementDate", "Year");

Now if you compare the both the declarations you will find a minor difference that is in the last line in AddLevel method.
Please look at the method arguments for first code and in second code both are different. 

I check this same thing in other fields also to confirm the issue the I found that the fields that have declared as  Month field all working fine and fields that are declared as Placement fields not working correctly.

My means to say is where ever the  dimensionElementRow.Name and the first argument of AddLevel method are same, the issue is there only.
To confirm this issue I checked the Element Editor window for both and there also some difference check the attached images for that (MonthBin.PNG, PlacementDate.PNG). Please check the red circled area. 

In your last reply you explained about attribute hierarchy and User defined hierarchy so I checked that also and realize that there is no issue because of that. Only the thing is I am not passing the correct name or values in the AddLevel method.

To confirm this I had a look into yours Syncfusion Samples also, below is code from Syncfusion sample-

//Specifying the Dimension Name
dimensionElementRow.Name = "Date";
dimensionElementRow.AddLevel("Fiscal", "Fiscal Year");

Please have a look on  dimensionElementRow.Name  and AddLevel method first argument is different. In my case it is same. 
For this check screenshot of your Syncfusion sample (SyncFusion_Date.PNG) 

Now I want to now from where you taking the values  "Date,Fiscal,Fiscal Year.  Are these values coming from Cubes?

The only thing now I need to check for correct values in the cube.

I am using four Sync fusion reports and in each report using different-2 cubes. I had a look into each report. there is same issue in all the reports. 

Waiting for your Response 

Shreekant Jadon

Attachment: MonthBin_809fca66.rar

SJ Shreekant Jadon December 19, 2014 01:48 PM UTC

Sorry forgot to attache all the screenshot images so now attaching all in CheckBox_issue folder.

Please let me know from where the values coming, if from cubes then how to check values in cube?

Thanks
Shreekant Jadon

Attachment: CheckBox_Issue_a3c2fa8a.rar

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team December 22, 2014 01:05 PM UTC

Hi Jadon,

Thanks for the update.

We would like to inform you that the “MonthBin” is an attribute hierarchy since it is having the same hierarchy and level names. “PlacementDate” is an user defined hierarchy since it is having the different hierarchy and level names.  Since the values are obtained from cubes this could not be an issue.

We would very much appreciate if you could provide us a simple/dummy cube with the  “Monthbin”, “PlacementData” and measures to reproduce the reported problem. We don’t require the complete cube and you can create a simple cube with these two dimension and measures reproducing the issue with garbage value. This will help us to proceed further.

Thanks,

Alagarsamy D.

SJ Shreekant Jadon December 22, 2014 02:28 PM UTC

Hi Alagarsamy,

Thanks for update,

I will provide you dummy cube soon as of now bit busy.

I checked some other attribute hierarchy fields Named "Agencies" and "CollectionType". 
The Attribute field Agencies not saving the check boxes correctly while Attribute field CollectionType saving the check boxes correctly.

I looked into the code for both and here also I found same issue as last time. Dimension's for both fields declared differently.
Since both are the Attribute fields so Dimension's should have declared in same manner.

Below is the code for Agencies field-   

DimensionElement dimensionElementslicers = new DimensionElement();
            dimensionElementslicers.Name = "dimAgencies";
            dimensionElementslicers.AddLevel("dimAgencies", "Agency Name");

Below is the code for CollectionType field-

DimensionElement dimensionElementslicers4 = new DimensionElement();
            dimensionElementslicers4.Name = "dimCollectionType";
            dimensionElementslicers4.AddLevel("Delinquency Stage", "Delinquency Stage");

Since both fields are attribute Hierarchy but declared differently (Check attached screenshot for this)
In my case issue is for those fields where the value for " dimensionElementslicers.Name " and "first argument of AddLevel method" are same. 
Rest of the fields are working/Saving the check boxes correctly.

Since I am working on Syncfusion controls first time so my knowledge is limited to these controls. 
Now I want to check the internal values of the dimension's in the cube and want to know that how they have declared fields in cube.
I want to know , have they declared fields in different- different style or we are making mistake in declaration?

Please Advice me, am I on the correct way?

Thanks
Shreekant Jadon  

Attachment: CheckBx_21122014_a3f7b636.rar

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team December 23, 2014 01:59 PM UTC

Hi Jadon,

The underlying values are from the cube and we aren’t manipulating anything. We will wait for the dummy cube using which we will be able to quickly sort and solve the problem.

Thanks,

Alagarsamy D

SJ Shreekant Jadon December 23, 2014 02:21 PM UTC

Hi Alagarsamy,

Thanks for the reply,

Some colleagues are on vacation so bit busy that's why cube is not created yet.
I hope you understand and will provide the same soon so please don't close the issue immediately, 
if you will not hear anything from me till Monday. 

Once again thanks you very much and its really appreciated help on this.

Thanks
Shreekant Jadon  

AD Alagarsamy D Syncfusion Team December 24, 2014 05:03 AM UTC

Hi Jadon,

Thanks for the update.

We will wait until here from you.

Thanks,

Alagarsamy D

SJ Shreekant Jadon April 6, 2015 02:36 PM UTC

Hi Alagarsamy,

Thanks for your help on Syncfusion controls till now.

I have one more issue.  I am using a dimension "dimPlacementDate" that is a user defined hierarchy. Since it is having "n level" (Defined with Expanders in Element Editor window). It has Years, Quarters,Months,Days available and when I am trying to expanding year "+" sign it sits in Expanding state and never returns. Actually it should expand and show all the Quarters, Months, Days properly.
Please have a look into Attached .Zip file

Could you please let me know what is causing the issue? Do I need to work on code basis?  
What is the impact of large volume of data on this? 

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks
Shreekant
Mb. 09632101643

Attachment: Expanding_Issue_6c1bb574.zip

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team April 7, 2015 08:36 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Thanks for the update.

We couldn’t be able to reproduce the reported problem and we have created a sample illustrating the same. We would very much appreciate if you could reproduce the reported problem in the attached sample with your cube having dummy values and send back to us. This will help us proceed further.

Sample:
https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/117701/Olapclient_snapdate1110032633.zip

Please let us know if you require any further assistance.

Thanks,
Ramesh.G

SJ Shreekant Jadon April 7, 2015 10:35 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for the update.

I did check your attachment sample. It is also available on the Syncfusion website in Demo of Syncfusion controls and I already checked. All the functionality is fine there. I tried it by expanding year "+"sign and same expanding in less than 1 sec but same is not happening in my case. Since I am new to Syncfusion so can't create cube and really sorry for that.

Could you please check reply of Alagarsamy of 17th December 2014 there he mentioned about the expanding the same?

In your Syncfusion Demo's you have very less data so may be because of the it is too fast. In our case we have huge amount of data so may be that is causing issue. I might be wrong  but can you please let us know ,  can huge volume of data affect it?

Please reply with a gentle solution.

Thanks
Shreekant

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team April 8, 2015 12:20 PM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Thanks for the update.

We would very much appreciate if you could follow below steps.

1. Attach your cube in excel.

2. Expand the member 2015 in dimPlacementDate as you mentioned.

3. Take a screenshot and send back to us.

Also we would very much appreciate if you could provide us the member count of “2015” under dimPlacementDate. This will help us to proceed further.

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,

Ramesh.G

SJ Shreekant Jadon April 17, 2015 11:44 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for update.

Expanding thing resolved now. I have one more question.

When we drag any dimension from cube  and drop into the Axis fields (Categorical or Series or Slicer) then which event fire.

In my case one dimension is not functioning correctly so I need to put some piece of code into that event to handle the issue.

It would be very much appreciate if you can provide some link or some online document so there I can find all the event related the sync fusion control.
So I can refer to that location when needed.

I shall be waiting for response and hoping a gentle reply.

Thanks
Shreekant

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team April 20, 2015 12:50 PM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Please find the below code snippets to trigger events.

Drag from CubeDimensionBrowser and drop to AxisElementBuilder.
{
//code here
this.OlapClient1.TreeNodeDropped+=OlapClient1_TreeNodeDropped;
}

public void OlapClient1_TreeNodeDropped(object sender, TreeNodeDroppedEventArgs e)

{

//code here
}

Drag and drop within AxisElementBuilder.
{
//code here
this.OlapClient1.AxisElementDropped+=OlapClient1_AxisElementDropped;
}

public void OlapClient1_AxisElementDropped(object sender,AxisElementDroppedEventArgs e)

{

//code here
}

Please let us know if you require further assistance on this.

Thanks,

Ramesh G.

SJ Shreekant Jadon October 12, 2015 08:00 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh and sync fusion team,

Thanks for all your help and suggestions.

The function provided by you in your last reply is not available in the version 11. 

Is there any other equivalent function which triggers when we drag the dimension from CubeDimensionBrowser to AxisElementBuilder  in version 11?

Thanks

Shreekant

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team October 13, 2015 09:15 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

The event which we gave in our last update is available only in our recent versions. So we kindly suggest you to upgrade your version in-order to meet your requirement.

NOTE: Our Essential Studio Volume 3, 2015 (latest version) is available for download under the following link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/forums/120659/essential-studio-2015-volume-3-final-release-v13-3-0-7-is-available-for-download

Regards,

Ramesh G.

SJ Shreekant Jadon October 19, 2015 08:03 PM UTC

Hi Ramesh
Thanks for your reply.

I've been updated essential studio with v.13.3.0.7 but still am not able to get the event or function provided by you for when we drag from CubeDimensionBrowser to AxisElementBuilder. 
AM getting below error
Error 1 'Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Client.Olap.OlapClient' does not contain a definition for 'TreeNodeDropped' and no extension method 'TreeNodeDropped' accepting a first argument of type 'Syncfusion.Web.UI.WebControls.Client.Olap.OlapClient' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)  

Error 2 The name 'OlapClient1_TreeNodeDropped' does not exist in the current context
Is there any namespace  or assembly that am missing?
Please reply with some solution as we already updated version and still running into issue.

Thanks
Shreekant

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team October 20, 2015 10:28 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

We are unable to reproduce the reported problem at our end. Also, we have prepared a simple sample along with the mentioned events. Please find the sample and video in the following links.

Sample Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/117701/ze/Olapclient_snapdate821188873

Video Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/117701/ze/events1499086143

NOTE: Please make sure all the Syncfusion libraries are pointing 13.3.0.7 version as well as web.config holding the latest version number. If still the problem exists, kindly provide us an exact sample replicating the problem. This will help us proceed further.

Regards,
Ramesh G.

SJ Shreekant Jadon October 21, 2015 08:03 AM UTC

Thanks Ramesh for the update.

while installation of Essential studio we got assembly versions 4.0,4.5,4.5.1 but we are using .net version 3.5 so while adding the reference for new .dll we are getting error saying that this is the newer version that currently installed.
So can we get assembly version 3.5 for Essential studio v.13.3.0.7 ?

we thought about up gradation of .net version but we can't because of lots of dependency.
Is there any other way to resolve the issue?

We are getting below issue-

C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v3.5\Microsoft.Common.targets : warning MSB3246: Resolved file has a bad image, no metadata, or is otherwise inaccessible. Could not load file or 
assembly 'D:\xxx\yyy\zzz\application\bin\Syncfusion.XlsIO.Base.dll' or one of its dependencies. This assembly is built by a runtime newer than the currently loaded runtime and cannot be loaded.

Please reply before today EOD, if possible

Thanks for all your help as always

Thanks
Shreekant

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team October 21, 2015 08:50 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Whenever Essential Studio is installed, we will place all our dll’s inside the following location.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.3.0.7\precompiledassemblies\13.3.0.7\

And you can find our controls .NET 3.5 framework version dll’s under the following location.
 C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.3.0.7\precompiledassemblies\13.3.0.7\3.5
Regards,
Ramesh G.

SJ Shreekant Jadon October 21, 2015 10:59 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for the update.

I was referring the same location and we don't have the .net 3.5 verson dll.
my location  C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.3.0.7\Assemblies and I have only 4.0,4.5,4.5.1 

I have attached assembly.zi file please check that.

I am not sure what happened why its not coming?
Do I need to install the essential studio and install again?
but I install this on two machine's and got the same version on both.

Please suggest.

Thanks
Shreekant

Attachment: Assembly_fef9014.zip

SJ Shreekant Jadon October 21, 2015 11:54 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

I just checked below location as well but don't have .net version 3.5 dll
C:\Program Files (x86)\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\13.3.0.7\precompiledassemblies\13.3.0.7 
At above location we only have 4.0,4.5,4.5.1,4.6

Thanks
Shreekant

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team October 22, 2015 10:31 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

We are not providing the .NET Framework v3.5 support for ASP.NET platform. If you need .NET Framework v3.5 support, you need to install ASP.NET (Classic).

The below list of Syncfusion Essential Studio platforms supports .NET Framework v3.5 version.

Platforms:
1. ASP.NET (Classic)
2. ASP.NET MVC (Classic)
3. Windows Forms
4. WPF

Regards,
Manivannan S.

SJ Shreekant Jadon October 22, 2015 07:17 PM UTC

Hi Manivannan,

Thanks for your reply.

I got below link for the  latest version up gradation.
But I can't see asp.net (classic) on that page.

Could you please provide me the address from where I can download the asp.net (classic)?version_list.PNG
Thanks
Shreekant

MS Manivannan Sundararajan Syncfusion Team October 23, 2015 09:03 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

You can download the v13.3.0.7 ASP.NET (Classic) Syncfusion setup from the following link.

https://www.syncfusion.com/support/directtrac/downloads/13_3_0_7  

Regards,
Manivannan S.

SJ Shreekant Jadon October 26, 2015 10:42 AM UTC

Hi Manivannan,

Thanks for all your help on this.

I am still using .net framework 3.5 with sync fusion asp.net v 11.1.0.21 and its running fine.
so if I will upgrade sync fusion asp.net v 11.1.0.21 to sync fusion asp.net (classic) v 13.3.0.7 then will it work properly with my code?
Basically I want know what are the differences between asp.net and asp.net classic.

If you provide the input on this that would be really helpful.

Thanks
Shreekant

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team October 27, 2015 07:25 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Yes, your requirement will be addressed on upgrading to Essential Studio ASP.NET (Classic) 13.3.0.7 version.

Also the difference between ASP.NET Classic and ASP.NET is that,
-       ASP.NET Classic is purely written in ASP.NET architecture. The web control written in this cases purely adopts to the ASP.NET page life cycle whereas
-       ASP.NET is written in JavaScript (not in ASP.NET platform) and we have extended this JavaScript control to ASP.NET platform as a wrapper.
Regards,
Ramesh G.

SJ Shreekant Jadon November 2, 2015 07:52 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for the update.

Now I'm able to catch the events when dragging and dropping the dimension from CubeDimensionBrowser after upgrading with Asp.net classic version 13.

It would be really helpful if you can provide some code to handle the below.

How to exclude the elements from dimension when you drag from CubeDimensionBrowser and drop to AxisElementBuilder?

Could you please provide us the code snippets with an example?

Thanks

Shreekant

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team November 3, 2015 08:39 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

We have prepared a sample where we can exclude desired members after dropping dimension from CubeDimensionBrowser to AxisElementBuilder. Please refer the following sample.

https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120913/ze/Olapclient_snapdate-707743639

Regards,
Ramesh G.

SJ Shreekant Jadon November 4, 2015 08:01 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks for the update and the code snippet.
This code is really helpful.

Thanks 
Shreekant

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team November 5, 2015 11:55 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Thank you for the update.

Please let us know if you have any query.

Regards,

Ramesh G.

SJ Shreekant Jadon November 6, 2015 09:36 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

I am creating OLAP client report with default dimensions and excluding some of the member elements from a dimension. 

Report is displaying correctly but when I open element editor window, it shows all the check-box selected.

I am facing this issue in ASP. NET Classic version 13. But this functionality is working as expected in ASP.NET version 11.

Code:
            DimensionElement dimensionElementColumn = new DimensionElement();            
            dimensionElementColumn.Name = "Vintage Period";            
            dimensionElementColumn.AddLevel("Vintage Period", "Vintage Periods");

DimensionElement excludeelements = new DimensionElement();
            excludeelements.Name = "Vintage Period";
            excludeelements.AddLevel("Vintage Period", "Vintage Periods");

//To show the data of first six month so excluding the rest of months
            for (int i = 7; i <= 37; i++)
            {
                   excludeelements.Hierarchy.LevelElements["Vintage Periods"].Add(i.ToString());
            }
            olapReport.CategoricalElements.Add(dimensionElementColumn, excludeelements);

Is there any extra property I need to set to make it work in ASP. NET Classic version 13.3350.0.7?
Please help me on this.

Thank you,
Shreekant

SJ Shreekant Jadon November 6, 2015 12:12 PM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

Sorry that just now I noticed that with the above code report is also not populating properly in ASP.NET classic.

So please provide us the code snippets to exclude the member while loading the page in ASP.NET classic.

Thanks,
Shreekant

SJ Shreekant Jadon November 9, 2015 06:07 AM UTC

Hi Team,

I was wondering if you have had a chance to look at my request above yet?

Many thanks,

Shreekant

SJ Shreekant Jadon November 9, 2015 11:27 AM UTC

Hi Team,

I missed to mention excludeelements.HierarchyName = "Vintage Period";  so report was not working properly.

But check box issue(i.e. Even after excluding member; element editor shows member as selected) is still persist. 

Please help me as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Shreekant

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team November 10, 2015 10:45 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,
While adding excluded members, the members Uniquename need to be mentioned along with its name. Please find the following OlapReport which illustrates on how to set the excluded members.

[C#]

OlapReport olapReport = new OlapReport();

olapReport.Name = "Customer Report";

olapReport.CurrentCubeName = "Adventure Works";

MeasureElements measureElementColumn = new MeasureElements();

measureElementColumn.Elements.Add(new MeasureElement { Name = "Customer Count" });

dimensionElementRow.Name = "Date";

dimensionElementRow.HierarchyName = "Fiscal";

dimensionElementRow.AddLevel("Fiscal", "Fiscal Year");

DimensionElement excludedRowElement = new DimensionElement();

excludedRowElement.Name = "Date";

excludedRowElement.AddLevel("Fiscal", "Fiscal Year");

excludedRowElement.AddLevel("Fiscal", "Fiscal Semester");

excludedRowElement.Hierarchy.LevelElements["Fiscal Year"].Add(new MemberElement() { Name = "FY 2004", UniqueName = "[Date].[Fiscal].[Fiscal Year].&[2004]" });

excludedRowElement.Hierarchy.LevelElements["Fiscal Year"].Add(new MemberElement() { Name = "FY 2005", UniqueName = "[Date].[Fiscal].[Fiscal Year].&[2005]" });

excludedRowElement.Hierarchy.LevelElements["Fiscal Semester"].Add(new MemberElement() { Name = "H2 FY 2002", UniqueName = "[Date].[Fiscal].[Fiscal Semester].&[2002]&[2]" });

olapReport.CategoricalElements.Add(measureElementColumn);

olapReport.SeriesElements.Add(dimensionElementRow,excludedRowElement);

return olapReport;

Regards,
Ramesh G.

SJ Shreekant Jadon November 13, 2015 11:59 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

Thank you so much. It worked like a charm.

In between I am facing one more issue that is in year member list (Blank) is one of the member and when I load the report for first time this member will not be there in element editor. But when I open the element editor for second time (Blank) option is visible.

Please find the attached screen shot which would give you clear idea of the issue here.

Thanks,
Shreekant

Attachment: OLAP_Member_Issue_b31d5b3d.zip

SJ Shreekant Jadon November 16, 2015 11:35 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

Is there any updates on my above request?

Thank you,
Shreekant

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team November 16, 2015 03:38 PM UTC

Hi ShreeKant,

We are analyzing on this and it will be updated on tomorrow.

Regards,

Ramesh G.

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team November 17, 2015 12:58 PM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

We are unable to reproduce the reported problem at our end. So, please provide us a sample cube with dummy/garbage values which will help us to proceed further.

Regards,

Ramesh G.

SJ Shreekant Jadon November 18, 2015 11:48 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

Please find the attached screenshot of dimension. That would help you to reproduce the issue.

I am facing this issue in ASP. NET Classic version 13. But this functionality is working as expected in ASP.NET version 11.

And I have one more request that please provide us a sample where we can exclude desired members after drag and drop within AxisElementBuilder.

Thanks,
Shreekant

Attachment: Dim_ScreenShot_2124bb5b.zip

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team November 19, 2015 10:33 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Please find the following response.

S.No
Query
Response
Please find the attached screenshot of dimension. That would help you to reproduce the issue.

We have tested the same with the exact scenario which you have mentioned. But, still we are unable to reproduce the reported problem at our end. Please find the following video which illustrates the same.

Video Link: https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120913/ze/memberEditor1576116557

Please provide us a sample Cube having dummy/garbage values which will help us to proceed further.

And I have one more request that please provide us a sample where we can exclude desired members after drag and drop within AxisElementBuilder.
We have prepared a sample based on your requirement. Please find the same in the following link.

Sample Link:  https://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120913/ze/Olapclient_snapdate1020379499

Regards,
Ramesh G.

SJ Shreekant Jadon November 24, 2015 10:03 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

Could you please provide us the properties of Cube and Dimension which you used to create the OLAP report and also the C# code?

Thanks, 
Shreekant

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team November 25, 2015 07:06 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

Please find the following code[c#] to create simple OLAP Report.

?  OLAP Report(aspx.cs):
            OlapReport olapReport = new OlapReport();
            olapReport.Name = "Customer Report";
            olapReport.CurrentCubeName = "Adventure Works";
            DimensionElement dimensionElementColumn = new DimensionElement();
            //Specifying the Name for the Dimension Element
            dimensionElementColumn.Name = "Customer";
            dimensionElementColumn.HierarchyName = "Customer Geography";
            dimensionElementColumn.AddLevel("Customer Geography", "Country");

MeasureElements measureElementColumn = new MeasureElements();
            measureElementColumn.Elements.Add(new MeasureElement { Name = "Internet Sales Amount" });

DimensionElement dimensionElementRow = new DimensionElement();
            //Specifying the Dimension Name
            dimensionElementRow.Name = "Date";
            dimensionElementRow.AddLevel("Fiscal", "Fiscal Year");
            // Adding Column Members
            olapReport.CategoricalElements.Add(dimensionElementColumn);
            ///Adding Measure Element
            olapReport.CategoricalElements.Add(measureElementColumn);
            ///Adding Row Members
            olapReport.SeriesElements.Add(dimensionElementRow);

And also please utilize the following link which illustrates on how to frame the OLAP Report in details.

Note: If provided details is different from your requirement, please share some more details of your requirement which help us to provide prompt details.

Regards,
Ramesh G.

SJ Shreekant Jadon December 3, 2015 09:42 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

Could you please provide us the cube which you used to reproduce the invisibility of (Blank) issue in the above attached video. 

Thank you,
Shreekant

PS Prabu S Syncfusion Team replied to Shreekant Jadon December 4, 2015 06:18 PM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

Could you please provide us the cube which you used to reproduce the invisibility of (Blank) issue in the above attached video. 

Thank you,
Shreekant

Hi Shreekant, 

We have checked the repoted scenario by changing the member type at internally (source level). So only possible to find out the exact problem, if you arrange a dummy/garbage cube which reproducing the error with blank-member.

Regards,
Prabu S.

SJ Shreekant Jadon December 9, 2015 07:50 AM UTC

Hi Team,

I have created a dummy cube which reproducing the error with blank-member.

Could you please give me the instructions to how to export the cube and share it with you?

Thanks you,
Shreekant

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team December 11, 2015 03:05 AM UTC

SJ Shreekant Jadon January 28, 2016 09:02 AM UTC

Hi Team,

In IE-11 - When I open element editor window for a dimension with contains tree view structure, only parent nodes are displayed. Missing + symbol and and child nodes.
In Google Chrome - Child nodes and parent nodes are displaying but the display structure is not standard.

Please find the attached document which explains the issues with screenshots.

Please help me in resolving this issue in both IE and Chrome ASAP since it's very urgent.

Thank you, 
Shreekant

Attachment: Element_Editor_Issue_cdf6d600.zip

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team January 29, 2016 09:59 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

We are unable to reproduce the reported problem at our end. Please find the video and sample in the following link.

Video Link:  http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120913/ze/sample-1630726844

Sample Link:  http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120913/ze/Olapclient_snapdate-1979616874

Could you reproduce the reported problem in the above sample and update us to proceed further.

Regards,

Ramesh G. 

SJ Shreekant Jadon January 29, 2016 11:48 AM UTC

Hi Ramesh,

This issue is not there in IE-8 but it's there in IE-9 and higher version.

Thank you,
Shreekant

RG Ramesh Govindaraj Syncfusion Team February 1, 2016 09:11 AM UTC

Hi Shreekant,

We have already tested the reported problem with IE-11 which has been specified in the video provided in our last update. And now we have tested the same with the mentioned IE versions (above IE-8), but we are still unable to reproduce the issue. Please find the below video for your reference.

Video Link:  http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/forum/120913/ze/clientClasic-1220098682

Could you please provide us your complete system configuration which would be helpful to test the reported issue with the exact environment.

Regards,
Ramesh G.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon