We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Error while exporting to PDF(Couldn't find information about the character. Unicode is not supported by this font.)

Hi,

I am getting error while exporting the data from grid to PDF . Please help me how to fix it. The issue is its unable to decode  @"’" single quote. I replaced this with @"'" single quote from keyboard its working. I want to fix this kind of issue for all characters in all columns so please help me how to change globally.  Is there any way where we can set the setting global. If you need any more info about this bug please reply here.

Couldn't find information about the character. Unicode is not supported by this font. 
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Syncfusion.Pdf.PdfException: Couldn't find information about the character. Unicode is not supported by this font.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

5 Replies

IR Isuriya Rajan Syncfusion Team August 11, 2015 12:34 PM UTC

Hi Sudheer,

We suggest you to enable the Unicode property as true in grid Exporting method.

exp.Export(obj, DataSource, "Export.pdf", false, false,true, "flat-saffron");

We have created a sample and it can be downloaded from the below location:

Sample Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/119887/Grid-645713872.zip

Please try the above sample and let us know if it helps you. If we misunderstood your query, please provide us more information regarding your requirements which will help us to provide the prompt solution at the earliest.

Regards,

Isuriya R

SU Surentslkajd replied to Isuriya Rajan August 11, 2015 03:29 PM UTC

Hi Sudheer,

We suggest you to enable the Unicode property as true in grid Exporting method.

exp.Export(obj, DataSource, "Export.pdf", false, false,true, "flat-saffron");

We have created a sample and it can be downloaded from the below location:

Sample Link: http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/119887/Grid-645713872.zip

Please try the above sample and let us know if it helps you. If we misunderstood your query, please provide us more information regarding your requirements which will help us to provide the prompt solution at the earliest.

Regards,

Isuriya R

I have only this overload. Do I need to update the sync fusion version?. Please look at below code and guide me. Thank you for your response.

using Syncfusion.JavaScript.Models;
using Syncfusion.Pdf;
using System;
using System.Collections;

namespace Syncfusion.EJ.Export
{
    public class PdfExport
    {
        public PdfExport();

public void Export(GridProperties gridmaodel, IEnumerable datasource, string fileName);
        public void Export(GridProperties gridmaodel, IEnumerable datasource, string fileName, bool isHideColumnIncude, bool isTemplateColumnIclude, string theme);
        public PdfDocument Export(GridProperties gridmaodel, IEnumerable datasource, string fileName, bool isHideColumnIncude, bool isTemplateColumnIclude, string theme, bool multipleExport);
        public void Export(GridProperties gridmaodel, IEnumerable datasource, string fileName, bool isHideColumnIncude, bool isTemplateColumnIclude, string theme, bool isLocalSave, string filePath);
        public PdfDocument Export(GridProperties gridmaodel, IEnumerable datasource, string fileName, bool isHideColumnIncude, bool isTemplateColumnIclude, string theme, bool multipleExport, PdfDocument document, string headerText);
    }
}

IR Isuriya Rajan Syncfusion Team August 12, 2015 06:05 AM UTC

Hi Sudheer,

We have fixed this issue and have included it in our Volume 2 v13.2.0.29 release. So if you are using our product version prior to v13.2.0.29, we suggest you to upgrade to our latest version in order to avoid the reported issue.

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Isuriya R.

SU Surentslkajd replied to Isuriya Rajan August 12, 2015 03:58 PM UTC

Hi Sudheer,

We have fixed this issue and have included it in our Volume 2 v13.2.0.29 release. So if you are using our product version prior to v13.2.0.29, we suggest you to upgrade to our latest version in order to avoid the reported issue.

Please get back to us if you need any further assistance.

Regards

Isuriya R.

I have version 12.3 and I cannot update the dlls so please guide Is there anyway I can write code or script to fix this Issue. This Issue is critical one.

KK K Kalai Selvi Syncfusion Team September 4, 2015 03:51 AM UTC

Hi Sudheer,

We regretfully cannot provide custom patches or any proprietary information through the public forum. For our licensed customers who wish to receive a patch in an older version of our product suite, we recommend that you create a Direct Trac support ticket for this through your customer account. This is the only place where we can share such secure information. If you do not wish to pursue this through Direct Trac, then we would suggest that you upgrade to version 13.2.0.39 which is a public release and open to all customers and evaluators. Please let us know how you wish to proceed with this and we will gladly assist.

Regards,

Kalaiselvi

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon