We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

visual studio 2015 RC1 and extension

Hi,

is the syncfusion extension (http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/extension) compatible with VS 2015 RC1 ?

it seems not working for me , no contextual menus, and i have checked if was disabled in the extensions manager

thanks and good day

18 Replies

KP Kanimozhi Pandian Syncfusion Team June 16, 2015 11:59 AM UTC

Hi Issam,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

With our latest Volume-1, 2015 Service Pack 2, we have not provided VS2015 RC1 support to our Syncfusion Visual Studio Extension and support for Visual Studio 2015 RC will be provided from our upcoming volume 2, 2015, which has been scheduled to be rolled out at the end of this month.

Thanks,
Kanimozhi.K.P.

IS issam June 16, 2015 03:46 PM UTC

ok thanks for the clarification

KP Kanimozhi Pandian Syncfusion Team June 17, 2015 08:32 AM UTC

Hi Issam,

Please let us know if you have any further quries.

Thanks,
Kanimozhi.K.P.

IS issam July 10, 2015 01:44 PM UTC

hi,

still no support for VS2015 RC in volume2 , can you confirm please ?

KP Kanimozhi Pandian Syncfusion Team July 13, 2015 11:10 AM UTC

Hi Issam ,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused.

We have not provided Visual Studio 2015 RC1 support to our Syncfusion Visual Studio Extension in the Volume 2, 2015 release. Currently we are integrating the Syncfusion Visual Studio Extension with Visual Studio 2015 and it will be included in the Volume 2, 2015 Service Pack 1 Release, which is scheduled to be released at end of this month.

Thanks,
Kanimozhi.K.P

IS issam July 13, 2015 03:58 PM UTC

ok thanks for the information

KP Kanimozhi Pandian Syncfusion Team July 14, 2015 04:44 AM UTC

Hi Issam,

Thanks for the response.

Please let us know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Kanimozhi.K.P

JD Jeff Dalby replied to Kanimozhi Pandian August 4, 2015 08:33 PM UTC

Hi Issam ,

Sorry about the inconvenience caused.

We have not provided Visual Studio 2015 RC1 support to our Syncfusion Visual Studio Extension in the Volume 2, 2015 release. Currently we are integrating the Syncfusion Visual Studio Extension with Visual Studio 2015 and it will be included in the Volume 2, 2015 Service Pack 1 Release, which is scheduled to be released at end of this month.

Thanks,
Kanimozhi.K.P

Any update on this?  I'd really like to be using VS2015 since it solve a bunch of non Syncfusion related issues.

Thanks!

KP Kanimozhi Pandian Syncfusion Team August 5, 2015 05:31 AM UTC

Hi Isam,

As we informed earlier, the Syncfusion Visual Studio Extension support for Visual Studio 2015 will be included in the Volume 2, 2015 Service Pack 1 Release, which is expected to be released at end of this week.

Thanks,
Kanimozhi.K.P.

KP Kanimozhi Pandian Syncfusion Team August 10, 2015 05:20 AM UTC

Hi Issam,

We are glad to announce that our Essential Studio 2015 Volume 2 Service Pack Release v13.2.0.34 is rolled out and is available for download under the following link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/forums/119866/essential-studio-2015-volume-2-service-pack-release-v13-2-0-34-available-for-download

We thank you for your support and appreciate your patience in waiting for this release. Please get in touch with us if you would require any further assistance.

Thanks,
Kanimozhi.K.P.

AO Amro Osama September 5, 2015 03:53 PM UTC

I've v13.2.0.34 Installed, along with Visual studio 2015 Community Edition,
but I can't see any integration with visual studio at all, it doesn't even showup as an extension in visual studio.
Am I missing something?

IS issam September 5, 2015 04:42 PM UTC

hi amro,

i have vs2015 CE (not the RC)  with the same version of essential studio like you and it work just fine for me .

try to reinstall the extension again and see .

hope it help .

AO Amro Osama September 5, 2015 05:28 PM UTC

Thanks Issam,
I've started a new thread, I'll wait to see if there's a solution.

If not, I'll haveto re-install as you suggested.

IS issam September 5, 2015 06:03 PM UTC

OK but you have to Walt at least to monday to get a response from the staff ;)
And you will loose nothing by trying to reinstall :)

AO Amro Osama September 5, 2015 06:15 PM UTC

You are right, reinstalling both the studio and extension fixed the problem.
my intention was that they would be able to tell me and maybe others what went wrong.
Thanks!

KP Kanimozhi Pandian Syncfusion Team September 7, 2015 11:39 AM UTC

Hi Amro,

The issue might have occurred in the below cases,

1.     The Syncfusion Essential Studio may installed prior to the installation of Visual Studio 2015 to your machine. In this case you need to install the Syncfusion Visual Studio Extensions manually.
2.     The Visual Studio 2015 may kept open while installation of Essential Studio. In such condition we need to restart the Visual Studio in order to make the Visual Studio Extensions are available.
3.     In such cases the Syncfusion Visual Studio Extensions are disabled after installation. So you need to enable it manually after installation.

Please perform the below steps to resolve the above installation issues.

For case 1 and 2:

Manual installation for Syncfusion Visual Studio Extensions:

·         Please refer to the following KB to install Syncfusion Visual Studio Extensions manually.
             http://www.syncfusion.com/kb/4799/how-to-install-the-syncfusion-vsix-packages-manually

For case 3:
Enable the Syncfusion Visual Studio Extensions if it’s disabled:

·         From your Visual Studio, navigate to Tools->Extension and Updates.
·         Check whether required Syncfusion Visual Studio Extension is enabled or not. Please refer to the following image for more information. 

·         If it’s disabled, enable it by choosing Enable Button. Restart your Visual Studio.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Kanimozhi.K.P.

AO Amro Osama replied to Kanimozhi Pandian September 7, 2015 02:30 PM UTC

Hi Amro,

The issue might have occurred in the below cases,

1.     The Syncfusion Essential Studio may installed prior to the installation of Visual Studio 2015 to your machine. In this case you need to install the Syncfusion Visual Studio Extensions manually.
2.     The Visual Studio 2015 may kept open while installation of Essential Studio. In such condition we need to restart the Visual Studio in order to make the Visual Studio Extensions are available.
3.     In such cases the Syncfusion Visual Studio Extensions are disabled after installation. So you need to enable it manually after installation.

Please perform the below steps to resolve the above installation issues.

For case 1 and 2:

Manual installation for Syncfusion Visual Studio Extensions:

·         Please refer to the following KB to install Syncfusion Visual Studio Extensions manually.
             http://www.syncfusion.com/kb/4799/how-to-install-the-syncfusion-vsix-packages-manually

For case 3:
Enable the Syncfusion Visual Studio Extensions if it’s disabled:

·         From your Visual Studio, navigate to Tools->Extension and Updates.
·         Check whether required Syncfusion Visual Studio Extension is enabled or not. Please refer to the following image for more information. 

·         If it’s disabled, enable it by choosing Enable Button. Restart your Visual Studio.

Please let me know if you have any queries.

Thanks,
Kanimozhi.K.P.

Thanks, but none of the three cases you mentioned are true,

-Visual studio was installed before Essential Studio,

-Visual studio was not running during the installation of Essential Studio,

-And the extension didn't even show up inside visual studio, I already checked that.

I know that it's a strange behaviour, but anyway I Re-Installed Essential studio and eveything works great.

Thanks Kanimozhi,

KP Kanimozhi Pandian Syncfusion Team September 8, 2015 11:01 AM UTC

Hi Amro,

We are happy to know that the issue is resolved.Please let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,
Kanimozhi.K.P.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon