We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

GridFilterBar with multiselection

Hi, I have a GridDataBoundGrid with a GridFilterBar. I would like to be able to select several values in the GridFilterBar''s combobox, and then the grid would filter the selected items. I''m not sure this is the best way to do this, but this is what I thought... Can I insert a CheckedListBox inside the GridFilterBar''s combobox, so I can select several items ? If yes, how can I do it ? The option "custom" was removed from the GridFilterBar, because it wasn´t the way we wanted to select the items. Thanks a lot, Luis Melo

7 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 18, 2004 04:04 PM UTC

In version 2.0.3.0, you have the option of opening up your own custom dialog. At that point you can handle things any way you want. The FilterBar sample that ships with 2.0.3.0 shows how you can do this. If you want to drop down a CheckedListBox and do something that way, you could do it it but you would have to derive a custom celltype, and once you had you checked options you would have to apply set the datatable.DefaultView.RowFilter property to make the filter work ( or something equivalent). The 2.0.3.0 sample, Essential Suite\2.0.3.0\Grid\Samples\In Depth\DropDownFormAndUserControlSample, places a CheckedListBox in a cell as a derived cell control based on any arbitary UserControl.

JL Jose Luis Melo March 19, 2004 09:29 AM UTC

I''m using 1.6.1.8 version. I can''t download 2.0 beta, because I''m not participating in the beta process. Is the FilterBar ''custom'' option from 2.0.3.0 different from the 1.6.1.8 version ? If yes, how can I have access to the 2.0.3.0 version ? Thanks again, Jose Melo

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 19, 2004 10:09 AM UTC

Yes, it is different in that you can subscribe to an event which is fired when your user selects custom. At that point, you can display your own dialog, and not use the one provided.

JL Jose Luis Melo March 19, 2004 10:29 AM UTC

Ok... so I will to try to make it work with the Checklistbox inside the custom control with 1.6.1.8, once I cannot access to this new version . So I would have two steps now, as you told me before: 1- insert the CheckListBox inside the FilterBar combox. 2- apply the selection in the FilterBar''s combobox to the grid. Could you please give some more help on these steps ? Thanks. Jose Melo

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team March 19, 2004 10:51 AM UTC

You can contact salessupport@syncfusion.com and request download instructions for the 2.0.3.0 RC1. You should use the email address under which your product is registered. If you own the source code an ddownload RC1, you will be able to see what we did to make the custom selection display a custom dialog. You could do the same in a derived GridFilterbar class in 1618 if you would like. Here is a sample that puts a CheckedListBox in a cell in two different ways. DropDownFormAndUserControlSample_3945.zip

KE kebabra replied to Jose Luis Melo March 16, 2018 08:34 PM UTC

I''m using 1.6.1.8 version. I can''t download 2.0 beta, because I''m not participating in the beta process. Is the FilterBar ''custom'' option from 2.0.3.0 different from the 1.6.1.8 version ? If yes, how can I have access to the 2.0.3.0 version ? Thanks again, Jose Melo

nothing to say

AR Arulpriya Ramalingam Syncfusion Team March 19, 2018 04:21 AM UTC

Hi Kebabra, 

Please let us know, whether you need any further technical assistance. 

Regards, 
Arulpriya 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon