We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to save appointment to DB (entire flow from the browser to the database)?

Hi,

all MVC 5 samples that you have are related to how to show data in the schedule control. Do you have an example that would show how to save the appointment that user created, modified, deleted, etc. to the database?

Thanks,

PV

8 Replies

VS Velmurugan S Syncfusion Team October 14, 2014 11:37 AM UTC

Hi Petar,

Thanks for using Syncfusion products.

We would like to inform you that, we have prepared a sample to meet your requirements “how to save the appointment that user created, modified, deleted, etc. to the database”, which can be downloaded from the following link.

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/support/directtrac/general/ScheduleCRUD-928535463.zip

Please let us know if it helps and any further assistance on this.

Regards,

Velmurugan

PV PV October 14, 2014 02:38 PM UTC

Great! Exactly what I was looking for. 

It is strange that you do not have any documentation that would detail this critical functionality, or am I missing something? 

One more thing. When I execute your example, or any other example with schedule control, "day, week, work week, month" section is squished (please see attached image). What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

PV

Attachment: image1_fb862e68.zip

PV PV October 14, 2014 02:45 PM UTC

Unfortunately, the sample you have provided does not work under IE 11 (under Windows 8.1 professional) - see attached exception that is generated. What am I doing wrong?

Attachment: image2_2b362d96.zip

VS Velmurugan S Syncfusion Team October 15, 2014 11:51 AM UTC

Hi Petar,

Thanks for your update.

Please find the following responses for your queries:

Query #1: It is strange that you do not have any documentation that would detail this critical functionality, or am I missing something? 

We regret for the inconvenience caused, we will consider this “CRUD” functionality for schedule control in our KB documentation and will publish in online KB documentation location as soon as possible.

Query #2: schedule control, "day, week, work week, month" section is squished.

The above mentioned issue raised due to the “bootstrap.css” overwrites our schedule control CSS, therefore we suggest you to comment or remove the following CSS content from the “bootstrap.css” files.

<Code>

*:before,

*:after {

-webkit-box-sizing: border-box;

-moz-box-sizing: border-box;

box-sizing: border-box;

}

</Code>                                  

Query #3: Unfortunately, the sample you have provided does not work under IE 11 (under Windows 8.1 professional) - see attached exception that is generated. What am I doing wrong?

We are unable to reproduce the reported issue in our end and this issue raised when we set the “CurrentDate” wrongly. Therefore, we suggest you to check the format of the “CurrentDate” settings. If you still face the same issue means, kindly revert back to us with some more information such as video demo contains the reproducing steps or culture information that you are using. Hence it will be more helpful for us to figure out the issue and provide you the better solution.

Please let us know if any other concerns on this.

Regards,

Velmurugan

PV PV October 17, 2014 10:43 PM UTC

Thanks for your reply. One thing that was not covered in your sample are resources (http://mvc.syncfusion.com/demos/web/Schedule/MultipleResource for example).

In our proof of concept, where we are evaluating different controls, we are building a schedule that would allow someone to schedule a meeting with multiple resources. At the same time, those resources would be able to look at their individual calendars.

Can you, please, provide a sample that would show what is suggested way (from vendors perspective) , that this is handled, again from browser all the way to the DB level?

Thanks in advance.

PV

UM Uma Maheswari C Syncfusion Team October 21, 2014 06:51 AM UTC

Hi Petar,

Thanks for your update.

We would like to let you know that we have modified the previous sample by demonstrating your requirement for binding multiple resources with the schedule control and attached the same in this update which can be downloaded from the attachment link at the bottom.

Note: The attached sample has been created by including the fix for the issue which we faced while binding resource data from the database. Since this fix was internally made and will be included only in the upcoming release Volume-3, 2014, therefore it is necessary to use the web.all.min script file which was attached and referred in this sample to execute it. Also, we request you to upgrade to the latest version, once our main release Volume-3 rolls out in order to get these issues fixed.

Please let us know, if you need any further assistance.

Regards,

C. Uma Maheswari

Attachment: ScheduleCRUD928535463_80f673ff.zip

SZ Sheikh Zakir October 11, 2018 09:06 AM UTC

This is done in MVC framework, can we have the same example for core asp.net applications as well?

KK Karthigeyan Krishnamurthi Syncfusion Team October 12, 2018 08:36 AM UTC

We have prepared the below CRUD sample in Core platform for your reference and kindly refer the below KB link. 

Regards, 
Karthigeyan 

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon