We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Menu Frames cannot be loaded

Hi,
We have a website that runs fine with IE 8 and IE 9 compatibility mode, but when under IE 9 it gives the Menu Frames cannot be Loaded error. Have tried different ways, but the problem persists.
Anyone else had the same issue?
Appreciate any response. This is really annoying me for a while and I am at a point where I have to find a fix!!!
Thanks

14 Replies

ST Srikant Talasila October 24, 2011 09:59 PM UTC

I have added a custom http response header to the config file with the following values and the issue seems to have resolved.
This work around pretty much forces IE9 to render the page with IE8 compatibility.
X-UA-Compatible with value IE=8
Hope this helps

ME Meena Syncfusion Team October 25, 2011 04:26 AM UTC

Hi Srikant,

The reported issue “Menu Frames cannot be loaded” had been fixed in Essential Studio Version 9.4.0.62. This build is available for download from the following location.

Download Link:

http://www.syncfusion.com/downloads/latest-version

Unlock key:

If your Essential Studion License is valid, you will be able to obtain your key to install this version from your Direct-Trac account or contact your Syncfusion Sales Representative or e-mail salessupport@syncfusion.com for further assistance.

Please let me know if you have any concerns.

Thank you for your interest in Syncfusion products.

Regards,
Meena A

AP Ana Paula De Jesus August 29, 2022 11:47 PM UTC

We are having the same problem, only the error occurs when using an iphone and some other mobile devices. Our website is old and we use Syncfusion.Shared.Web.dll and Syncfusion.Tools.Web.dll version14.1400.0.41 and we recently acquired a new license to change this dlls for nuget references but we can't find these dlls in nuget, could you help us?

ST Srikant Talasila August 30, 2022 12:19 PM UTC

Hello Ana,

The issue we had was more than 10 yrs ago. We haven't faced this issue since upgrading to newer versions of Syncfusion. As far as I know there is no fix to this issue other than upgrading to newer versions. Believe me, I tried :)

As for the DLLs, you should be able to locate them under "packages" folder inside your solution folder. But you need to add the NuGet Syncfusion package to your solution first. If not using NuGet the DLLs will be placed under C:\Windows\assembly folder. You can use windows explorer program like https://q-dir.en.softonic.com/?ex=DINS-162.0 in admin mode to pull DLLs from assembly folder.

Hope this helps.

AP Ana Paula De Jesus replied to Srikant Talasila August 30, 2022 12:54 PM UTC

Thanks for the answer :)

We started using only nuget package in our applications. we would like to know which package would be compatible with the Syncfusion.Schedule.Web.dll and Syncfusion.Shared.Web.dll dlls nowadays, since I looked for them and didn't find them in nuget.

error below

ST Srikant Talasila August 30, 2022 01:30 PM UTC

When we had the issue we were on Syncfusion version 4.4, but if I remember correctly the error went away after updating to version 9.3. Not completely though, we were still getting this error only on Safari browser. However we had only 1-2 clients that were trying to access the site using Safari, so we just told them to install Chrome and use that instead of Safari :)

When you add the Syncfusion NuGet package, it downloads all the DLLs needed/depended on that package. Let me know which exact version you are using now and maybe I can upload the DLLs and share a link.

AP Ana Paula De Jesus replied to Srikant Talasila August 30, 2022 02:29 PM UTC

I understood.

Unfortunately if the site was for internal use we could force users to use a working browser, but this site is for external use and if a customer complains we have to make it work.

The version we are using is 20.2.0.43.

We would be grateful if you can.

tks

ST Srikant Talasila August 30, 2022 02:49 PM UTC

I am really sorry, but we are yet to upgrade to this latest version, Currently we are using 19.3. 

ST Srikant Talasila August 30, 2022 02:52 PM UTC

One other way to overcome this issue is adding the following code to your web.config file, but this is not suggested as this will render the site to internet explorer version 8 forcefully. I remember having limited success with this, but in the end we decided to tell our safari users to stop using it.

<httpProtocol>

<customHeaders>

<add name="X-UA-Compatible" value="IE=8"/>

</customHeaders>

</httpProtocol>

AP Ana Paula De Jesus replied to Srikant Talasila August 30, 2022 02:53 PM UTC

Ok. 

Can you make it available in this version you mentioned so that we can test it here?

AP Ana Paula De Jesus replied to Srikant Talasila August 30, 2022 02:59 PM UTC

I believe it is not a good choice to render internet explorer version 8 forcefully. I prefer to try using older version dlls as you mentioned

ST Srikant Talasila August 30, 2022 03:41 PM UTC

The attached zip file has both DLLs, however these are version 9.4. Even though we upgraded to version 19, somehow both the DLLs referenced are older versions. I also just realized this.

Attachment: Syncfusion.Schedule.Web_57e64578.zip

AP Ana Paula De Jesus August 30, 2022 04:58 PM UTC

Ok.
These versions are below what I have here (14.1400.0.41), the ideal would be higher like 19..but I will test and let you know

Thanks

SS Shereen Shajahan Syncfusion Team September 1, 2022 05:26 AM UTC

Hi Ana,

Thanks for the update. We will wait to hear from you. Please test at your end. Also, please let us know if you require any further assistance on this.

Regards,

Shereen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon